7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Sandford1981
August 7, 2022, 8:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Since the 'Energy Crisis' began we have seen an increase of 50% in our payments to our energy provider. I was just wondering how this sat with everyone else?
We are a family of 4 living in a modest house which id imagine is fairly typical and I wouldn't imagine our usage is particularly high either. Obviously there are strong indications that we are due another increase come the start of next year. If conservative estimates are to be believed it will make our fuel bills higher than our mortgage which seems like utter madness to me.
All of that without the consideration that by then, winter would be coming (You know nothing Jon Snaaaaw!) and our usage of gas will go up with the heating.
The mind boggles.....

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
ska face
August 7, 2022, 8:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,752
Gold Stars: 851
Would recommend people check out DontPayUk -

Tweet 1538280864232128512 will appear here...

Energy suppliers will up your direct debits without telling you. They’re taking the píss and the likes of BP and Shell are raking in BILLIONS in profit. Cancel your direct debit, pay what can afford.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 64
chaos33
August 7, 2022, 8:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
I hope this receives mass support and forms part of a raft of civil action to protest at how ordinary, hard working Brits are being driven into poverty whilst being governed by incompetent. dishonest, corrupt government.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 64
Manchester Mariner
August 7, 2022, 9:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
"Asked about the stark contrast with punishingly high bills faced by households already struggling amid sky-high inflation, Shell’s chief executive, Ben van Beurden, said the company could not “perform miracles” to bring oil and gas prices down, adding: “It is what it is.”

It's an absolute racket is what it is.

I'm hoping this "Don't Pay" movement gathers huge numbers. It's obviously already causing anxiety in certain circles as today I've seen a couple of stories with various industry types warning against not paying your energy bill.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 64
aldi_01
August 7, 2022, 10:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
"Asked about the stark contrast with punishingly high bills faced by households already struggling amid sky-high inflation, Shell’s chief executive, Ben van Beurden, said the company could not “perform miracles” to bring oil and gas prices down, adding: “It is what it is.”

It's an absolute racket is what it is.

I'm hoping this "Don't Pay" movement gathers huge numbers. It's obviously already causing anxiety in certain circles as today I've seen a couple of stories with various industry types warning against not paying your energy bill.

Just heard some melt on 5 live, ‘presenter’ basically trying to dampen down the movement…seems the wheels are in motion to try and stop folk staking a stand.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 64
chaos33
August 8, 2022, 6:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
The energy companies could reduce their prices.

I think, when this kicks in, together with an awful lot of workers striking, there will be a chance for some real social change. The frightening thing is, it will be ‘continuity candidate’ Liz Truss as PM. Someone with all the capability of a leaking fridge.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 64
Roast Em Bobby
August 8, 2022, 12:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 64
ginnywings
August 8, 2022, 7:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Sandford1981
Since the 'Energy Crisis' began we have seen an increase of 50% in our payments to our energy provider. I was just wondering how this sat with everyone else?
We are a family of 4 living in a modest house which id imagine is fairly typical and I wouldn't imagine our usage is particularly high either. Obviously there are strong indications that we are due another increase come the start of next year. If conservative estimates are to be believed it will make our fuel bills higher than our mortgage which seems like utter madness to me.
All of that without the consideration that by then, winter would be coming (You know nothing Jon Snaaaaw!) and our usage of gas will go up with the heating.
The mind boggles.....

Bad news for you mate. Bill's are going up in October and again in January. Price caps have been changed from every 6 months to every three months, supposedly so prices can drop quicker when wholesale fuel prices come down.

Problem being that they are set to rise, not decrease, so the bills will rise at a quicker rate.

I'm not in fuel debt and can afford to pay, but I'm cancelling my direct debit in protest. Let's hope people have seen the light and start to protest like the French do. Not just over fuel either. If everyone says no, what can they do?

Can't take us all to court.j
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 64
GollyGTFC
August 8, 2022, 8:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,040
Gold Stars: 358
The price cap is just the maximum they can charge. Any company can drop their prices whenever they choose and don’t have to wait for the next cap review. The switch to 3 monthly reviews is 100% for the benefit of the energy suppliers at the detriment to consumers.

Because I was concerned that the pound was tanking and I thought prices might price a bit I took a fixed deal for 30 months about this time last year. So i am fixed until 31st March 2024. I appreciate I am extremely fortunate to be immune to the horrific price rises for another 20 months and to live in a fuel efficient modern house with solar panels.

The lack of genuine targeted help for the most vulnerable in society is appalling. I don’t need the £400 grant and at the same time many the £400 barely touches the sides. And we have an absent PM doing nothing and seemingly hoping to leave his successor with the biggest skip fire he can manage to achieve in his remaining 4 weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 64
ginnywings
August 8, 2022, 9:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
The rebate they are giving out is a joke, because it will still end up in the coffers of the fuel companies anyway.

They are using our money to indirectly pay toward fuel company profits. Our taxes are being used to enrich shareholders. What a fooking state we are in.

We are out of Europe though, so there's that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 64
DB
August 9, 2022, 5:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from ginnywings
The rebate they are giving out is a joke, because it will still end up in the coffers of the fuel companies anyway.

They are using our money to indirectly pay toward fuel company profits. Our taxes are being used to enrich shareholders. What a fooking state we are in.

We are out of Europe though, so there's that.

I agree with what you say about the rebate. However, if we were in the EC, we could face power cuts.

https://stopthesethings.com/tag/blackouts-in-germany/

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 64
Maringer
August 9, 2022, 7:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,630
Gold Stars: 185
No, we couldn't. Our energy mix is much different to Germany. Brexit happened, there is no need to continue to make stuff up to try and claim it is of some sort of a benefit.

The Germans are flipping idiots for shutting down their nuclear power plants before the end of their scheduled lives, firstly to burn brown coal and then to become so reliant on Russian gas.

We're flipping idiots, too, however, for failing to keep our nuclear fleet up to date and then eventually selecting the over-engineered and untested EPR for the new plants in addition to choosing the most stupidly expensive way of financing them!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 64
OddShapedBalls
August 11, 2022, 12:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,193
Gold Stars: 40
You also need to watch the fornicators like hawks, spotted that my meter readings had apparently been taken the other day (which is amazing service, bearing in mind the meters are indoors and I haven't let anyone in) and the claimed reading was 600 units higher on my gas meter than the actual.  I got an apology about the amount being incorrect but not an explanation as to how they had claimed to read it.

Call me naive, but seeing as the government set the max prices for energy couldn't they actually help their constituents and set prices low, force the energy companies into line and tell them to accept lower profits for a year or two? I mean there's been a precedent set with lots of people being forced to accept lower income through Covid hasn't there? Obviously I mean a competent government, not the one we have currently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 64
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 11, 2022, 1:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
You also need to watch the fornicators like hawks, spotted that my meter readings had apparently been taken the other day (which is amazing service, bearing in mind the meters are indoors and I haven't let anyone in) and the claimed reading was 600 units higher on my gas meter than the actual.  I got an apology about the amount being incorrect but not an explanation as to how they had claimed to read it.

Call me naive, but seeing as the government set the max prices for energy couldn't they actually help their constituents and set prices low, force the energy companies into line and tell them to accept lower profits for a year or two? I mean there's been a precedent set with lots of people being forced to accept lower income through Covid hasn't there? Obviously I mean a competent government, not the one we have currently.

That's what the French Govt have done isn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 64
Maringer
August 11, 2022, 2:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Not to mention the fact that the price cap is calculated on the price per unit for the most expensive energy type, regardless of the energy mix actually used...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 64
Roast Em Bobby
August 12, 2022, 7:07am
Fine Wine Drinker

That's what the French Govt have done isn't it?

Yeah, they've set the price cap at 4%. Italy 17%, and the UK................. 80%

But Liz Truss says:

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 64
OddShapedBalls
August 12, 2022, 9:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,193
Gold Stars: 40
Truss :  Profit is not a dirty word

Bp and Shell meanwhile post record profits during a fuel crisis.............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 64
Limerick Mariner
August 12, 2022, 10:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,720
Gold Stars: 137
We are about to hit a financial maelstrom that will impact on millions - I really fear the worst. We've had years of underinvestment in energy efficiency compared to Europe - the Tories (shafting the naive Liberals) scrapped the investment programmes in 2012 so our homes and building are less energy efficient than in Europe. So we have a double whammy - we use more energy and the price cap formula chucks out huges increases in the Kwh price. This is all alongside years of underinvestment in utility infrastructure, whilst the utility companies booked huge profits, and now the upstream energy companies are booking the massive profits with commodity prices through the roof. Every which way the consumer is shafted. This includes water - as our water infrastructure pisses out potable water through leaks, then we wash away our excrement with grade A drinking water, which then gets dumped into our rivers. The consumer pays for the waste and the clean-up.

The few who can afford it may have invested in insulation, triple glazing, solar, heat pumps, grey water recycling etc, tens of millions in poorly insulated terraced houses will be shafted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 64
mariner91
August 12, 2022, 11:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,699
Gold Stars: 262
Things are likely to get very bad. Hopefully people will wake up and realise who's led them to this point over the last 12 years. And note that the rich have become exponentially richer in the same time period.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 64
Manchester Mariner
August 12, 2022, 11:32am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from mariner91
Things are likely to get very bad. Hopefully people will wake up and realise who's led them to this point over the last 12 years. .

People will probably come to the conclusion that it's all the fault of Corbyn, immigrants, people on benefits, the media, the civil service, 'the woke', 'militant' unions and people who work from home. And then people will vote in Lizz Truss.

People.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 64
FishOutOfWater
August 12, 2022, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ska face
Would recommend people check out DontPayUk -

Tweet 1538280864232128512 will appear here...

Energy suppliers will up your direct debits without telling you. They’re taking the píss and the likes of BP and Shell are raking in BILLIONS in profit. Cancel your direct debit, pay what can afford.

I saw something the other day along the lines of "if you cancel your direct debit, you lose the 'preferential rate' that this method of payment provides"

Essentially cancel it and you'll have to renegotiate a new deal which could be way worse than any d/d deal you had in place

To coin an old phrase.... they've got everyone by the short and curlies ( though I suppose that's less of a thing these days     )
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 64
FishOutOfWater
August 12, 2022, 1:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from mariner91
Things are likely to get very bad. Hopefully people will wake up and realise who's led them to this point over the last 12 years. And note that the rich have become exponentially richer in the same time period.

I'm old enough to remember when the mood was..  

Things can only get better

Turned out it was just a d-ream  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 64
Sandford1981
August 26, 2022, 10:12am
Fine Wine Drinker
Wow! With the increases in energy prices that have been announced, we will now be paying a touch under £500 a month for fuel.

Absolutely fuckking ridiculous!!!!

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 64
Humbercod
August 26, 2022, 11:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
To end this Net Zero madness would be a good start. Then get on with Fracking I heard a company mentioned on the radio yesterday who said give them the green light and they will be up and running supplying the network by January.
Start building the Nuclear reactors, get drilling in the North Sea, and get the coal mines re-opened, we could be fully self sufficient by next winter, but the problem is having the Will to do it and none of the main party’s have any.

We have been ridiculously obsessed with the so called climate crisis and green energy, we have been coerced by a 16 year old girl with mental problems, indoctrinated by the Green loons and empowered by the funded scientists (where have I heard that before?) and there is no wonder the state we are in now. But we can always blame Brexit 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 64
Maringer
August 26, 2022, 11:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
If you like Chinese takeaways, now would be a very good time to eat your fill. They'll all be going out of business when their gas bills rise manyfold as their fixed term contracts end. No price caps for businesses, remember. Most Indian restaurants will probably go out of business as well, I suppose, as well as the majority of fast food restaurants.

Chippies? Unlikely many of them will keep going due to the cost of running the fryers, let alone the fact that the potato crop is failing due to the drought so prices will rocket for the spuds.

I suppose anywhere that uses a charcoal grill will perhaps be able to keep going a bit longer, but then a significant proportion of the population won't have any spare money to get a takeaway in the first place so most of those will probably go under as well.

It's understandable that people are concerned about their own household bills, but I don't think most people realise just how bad things will get for the whole economy unless the government steps in and does something to mitigate these ludicrously high energy costs extremely soon. The costs are being pumped up by speculation in the market as well, of course. Wouldn't it be nice if we had had a government which had made any sort of attempt at getting our homes properly insulated over the past decade?

What else? Oh, yes, the Bank of England plans to continue raising interest rates with rises up to 4% pencilled in by next Spring so the millions with a mortgage which isn't at a fixed rate or are going to see their incomes fall further as inflation continues to bite.

We were in a excrement position back in 2008 when the financial crisis hit, but managed to keep the recession smaller than feared through a lot of money creation through QE (though most of the benefits went to the wealthy, of course). Now, our economy is in the crapper from the start, especially after two and a half years of pandemic and the value of the pound has tanked against both the dollar and the pound (thanks in great part to Brexit) so we're going to be hit even more by the high energy costs than most of our peers. Not to mention one of two absolute clowns about to enter No. 10, with the especially dim one the odds-on favourite to take the role.

If I was religious, I'd be praying for the future of the country right now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 64
diehardmariner
August 26, 2022, 12:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,650
Gold Stars: 539
Much like chaos' train of thought, I'm hoping the pending disaster (or should I say more of a disaster)will lead to genuine change.

The problem is that I'm unsure where the change will come from.  As bad as Truss will be, where's the challenge going to come from?  Labour can be summed up by their stance on striking workers, failing to represent the masses and the people who they should be targetting to get back into power.

If only there had been a genuine alternative option at the last General Election...

History will look back on the decisions in the past decade or so of our elected powers in amazement, yet it'll be dwarfed by the sheer disbelief that everyone just accepted it and took it up the bottom every single time!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 64
Sandford1981
August 26, 2022, 12:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
I read an article on the BBC, in which it was detailing the ways in which we can save energy. These ideas were pretty basic and nothing we all haven’t thought of.

The laughable part was the cumulative savings were around £100 over the year!!! It’s like a pin sharp object in the ocean! I bet the author of the article couldn’t type for pisssing themselves

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 64
Humbercod
August 26, 2022, 1:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Insulating every home in the UK would cost 100s of billions of pounds and wouldn’t achieve very much in regards to being able to afford the costs. Anyone who lives in a fully insulated modern home knows that it still gets bloody cold without the heating on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 64
Stadium
August 26, 2022, 1:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
It's simple according to the minister of stating the bleeding obvious.

Tweet 1563121001319108609 will appear here...

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 64
DB
August 26, 2022, 4:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I'm all for helping 'True' asylum seekers but it is now abused beyond belief in numbers which cross the channel. I read these people have cost £2 Billion so far. So the government has money but not for our needy people to offset these ridiculous fuel prices.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 64
Maringer
August 26, 2022, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I've seen "whataboutery" before, but this is possibly the first occasion I've seen "whatthefuckery?" in action.

(Edit: In reply to DB's post.)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 64
Humbercod
August 26, 2022, 6:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Up to £10M a day and that’s just for the hotels, never mind spending money, mobile phones and healthcare and yet the lefty’s don’t see a problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 64
chaos33
August 26, 2022, 6:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Typically dense comment. Absolutely f@ck all to do with ‘the lefties’ (whoever they are). The lefties (note to small children; it’s ‘lefties’ not ‘lefty’s - we are indicating a plural here, not possession) aren’t in power. This disgraceful bunch of Tories have been in power for 12 years, and the whole thing is a skipfire, and that’s despite the inhumane Rwanda policy. Some f@cking deterrent that’s proving to be. Anyone who wants to deflect our attention elsewhere is pulling your chain. Immigration problems are worse than ever and the Tories are to blame. And this is after ‘taking back control’ of our borders thanks to Brexit. You f@cking idiots. We’ve less control than ever. You know why? Because…..drum roll…….borders have two sides (see also, Northern Ireland problem). Bigger problems than ever. More red tape than ever. More immigration than ever. You were lied to. You fell for it. Facts are facts. Absolute disgrace. In every regard.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 64
Humbercod
August 26, 2022, 7:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
Typically dense comment. Absolutely f@ck all to do with ‘the lefties’ (whoever they are). The lefties aren’t in power. This disgraceful bunch of Tories have been in power for 12 years, and the whole thing is a skipfire, and that’s despite the inhumane Rownda policy. Anyone who wants to deflect our attention elsewhere is pulling your chain. Immigration problems are worse than ever and the Tories are to blame. And this is after ‘taking back control’ of our borders. Absolute disgrace. In every regard.

Once again very unreasonable from yourself, just reads like an angry rant. DB has every right to mention the disgraceful illegal invasion. You’ve been coming on here long enough to know that just like yourself Maringer is firmly on the Left of the pollitical spectrum.
I agree the Tories are to blame but we both know Labour would of done sod all, I can only imagine with horror what the numbers would be now with them in charge.

Inhumane Rowfuckingwhat!! You mean Rwanda?? 😂😂😂
Get yourself educated sunshine… very poor grammar from the self appointed fishy grammar policeman 😂😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 64
ginnywings
August 26, 2022, 7:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Labour would 'have' done sod all.

Get it right Humbo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 64
DB
August 27, 2022, 5:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
I was merely pointing out that the government has ample funds to help uninvited people who come to our country illegally, but no money to support the population who needs help with these terrible fuel increases. It is the same population who pay into the government pot via taxes ( even the poorest are not exempt from VAT) but get little help when they need it most.

Surely the government should give support and priority to our own people first and from what's left in the kitty help others from other nations secondly.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 64
ska face
August 27, 2022, 8:08am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB
I was merely pointing out that the government has ample funds to help uninvited people who come to our country illegally, but no money to support the population who needs help with these terrible fuel increases. It is the same population who pay into the government pot via taxes ( even the poorest are not exempt from VAT) but get little help when they need it most.

Surely the government should give support and priority to our own people first and from what's left in the kitty help others from other nations secondly.

It doesn’t matter what colour you are, where you’re from, or you’re old or young, arrived on a dinghy or born within the sound of Bow bells - the government has the money to help everyone. What constitutes “our own” to them however is rich people. If you’re not rich, you’re on your own - not their problem.

Once you realise this, life becomes a lot simpler. You also won’t have people calling you a bigoted twát whenever you speak.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 64
LH
August 27, 2022, 8:58am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,563
Gold Stars: 174
At what point will people finally realise that it’s the government who have caused most of the country’s problems and not the EU, immigrants, Labour etc? When we’re eating our relatives who died of hypothermia?
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 64
Roast Em Bobby
August 27, 2022, 11:15am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
To end this Net Zero madness would be a good start. Then get on with Fracking I heard a company mentioned on the radio yesterday who said give them the green light and they will be up and running supplying the network by January.
Start building the Nuclear reactors, get drilling in the North Sea, and get the coal mines re-opened, we could be fully self sufficient by next winter, but the problem is having the Will to do it and none of the main party’s have any.

We have been ridiculously obsessed with the so called climate crisis and green energy, we have been coerced by a 16 year old girl with mental problems, indoctrinated by the Green loons and empowered by the funded scientists (where have I heard that before?) and there is no wonder the state we are in now. But we can always blame Brexit 😂

You do have an uncanny knack of believing in every crackpot conspiracy theory going, but a complete inability to see the most obvious ones that are staring you in the face.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 64
DB
August 27, 2022, 2:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

It doesn’t matter what colour you are, where you’re from, or you’re old or young, arrived on a dinghy or born within the sound of Bow bells - the government has the money to help everyone. What constitutes “our own” to them however is rich people. If you’re not rich, you’re on your own - not their problem.

Once you realise this, life becomes a lot simpler. You also won’t have people calling you a bigoted twát whenever you speak.

Looks like you posted this while looking in a mirror.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 64
aldi_01
August 28, 2022, 8:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
There is no ‘our own’…well, not unless you’re rich…

It’s a flipping mess and the old argument of ‘labour wouldn’t have done any better’ or for those still trotting it out ‘labour caused so many problems’ they’re just not true, nor relevant to the argument.

12 years these fuckwits have been in charge and it’s a mess. It’s been a mess from start to finish.

It’s true, you can vote for whoever you want but I’m honestly at the point where I believe anyone that voted for these morons is equally moronic. I literally spoke to someone the other day bemoaning the lack of funding for the NHS and the delays for the grandmothers surgery…they voted tory. You couldn’t make this excrement up.

I’m sure someone will come along and remind us of things Blair did, it’s unnecessary, we’re all well aware and equally, we all know he wasn’t Labour, he just used the Labour Party as his vessel, much like Trump used the Republicans.

We’re a joke, a laughing stock and whilst we spent 18 months being frightened to death about visiting our Nans, it was all a waste because the poor fornicators are gonna die anyway when they all get hyperthermia and starve…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 64
ska face
August 28, 2022, 8:40am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB

Looks like you posted this while looking in a mirror.

An immigrant must’ve posted it!
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 64
Roast Em Bobby
August 28, 2022, 10:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
Up to £10M a day and that’s just for the hotels, never mind spending money, mobile phones and healthcare and yet the lefty’s don’t see a problem.

Try Googling how much is lost per year due to tax avoidance
Try Googling how much is lost per year due to brexit
Try Googling how much is lost per year due to government subsidies to mega corporations

You might then see why us “lefties” are not so concerned about the comparatively loose change behind the sofa that is spent on migrants.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 64
ginnywings
August 28, 2022, 10:49am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from DB
I'm all for helping 'True' asylum seekers but it is now abused beyond belief in numbers which cross the channel. I read these people have cost £2 Billion so far. So the government has money but not for our needy people to offset these ridiculous fuel prices.

Not a very Christian view from a Christian.

You would deny "these people" sanctuary and basic human needs?

It's not mutually exclusive. The government could help everyone if they had the will, but they don't, and at the end of the day, it's our money, not theirs.

I'm sure the proposed tax cuts Liz Truss is about implement will be of great benefit to all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 64
DB
August 28, 2022, 12:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

An immigrant must’ve posted it!

Peace

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 64
DB
August 28, 2022, 12:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Not a very Christian view from a Christian.

You would deny "these people" sanctuary and basic human needs?

It's not mutually exclusive. The government could help everyone if they had the will, but they don't, and at the end of the day, it's our money, not theirs.

I'm sure the proposed tax cuts Liz Truss is about implement will be of great benefit to all.

I am not denying them sanctuary or basic human needs. They already have this in France and other parts of Europe where they have travelled through.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 64
ginnywings
August 28, 2022, 2:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from DB

I am not denying them sanctuary or basic human needs. They already have this in France and other parts of Europe where they have travelled through.

As long as someone else is paying?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 64
Humbercod
August 28, 2022, 8:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Try Googling how much is lost per year due to tax avoidance
Try Googling how much is lost per year due to brexit
Try Googling how much is lost per year due to government subsidies to mega corporations

You might then see why us “lefties” are not so concerned about the comparatively loose change behind the sofa that is spent on migrants.

Burglary, Car theft, Muslim rape gangs!
Try Googling misgendering tweets
Try Googling pride flag memes
Try Googling Drag Queen protesters

I can see now why you lefty’s are not so concerned about real crime.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 64
Humbercod
August 28, 2022, 8:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Open the gates let the world……Socialists 🤡 🤡
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 64
ginnywings
August 28, 2022, 11:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Humbercod

Open the gates let the world……Socialists 🤡 🤡

Why not?

I'd rather have them than male masturbators like you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 64
Humbercod
August 29, 2022, 7:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Why not?

I'd rather have them than male masturbators like you.

Love you too Ginny 😘

Seriously if we opened the doors to the world, how do you think the Country would look after a couple of years?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 64
DB
August 29, 2022, 8:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

As long as someone else is paying?

If they come to this country legally then I don't have a problem. They have come illegally and then expect the government, red or blue, to feed them, clothe them, house them and give them spending money. Surely this is shoplifting in another form!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 64
Roast Em Bobby
August 29, 2022, 8:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
You should listen to this DB

The truth is that the costs involved with asylum seekers pale into insignificance when compared to the real reasons why fuel bills are going up.

Issues like migrants and the ridiculous war on woke are nothing more than diversion tactics that play on peoples prejudices in order to distract from serious questions like why are the government allowing utilities to make multibillion pound profits per quarter, whilst pushing excrement into our seas and rivers, and passing all the costs onto the public.

Wake the intercourse up, and stop reading the daily mail.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 64
chaos33
August 29, 2022, 9:26am
Barley Wine Drinker

The truth is that the costs involved with asylum seekers pale into insignificance when compared to the real reasons why fuel bills are going up.

Issues like migrants and the ridiculous war on woke are nothing more than diversion tactics that play on peoples prejudices in order to distract from serious questions like why are the government allowing utilities to make multibillion pound profits per quarter, whilst pushing excrement into our seas and rivers, and passing all the costs onto the public.

Absolutely class post.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 64
ginnywings
August 29, 2022, 9:35am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Humbercod

Love you too Ginny 😘

Seriously if we opened the doors to the world, how do you think the Country would look after a couple of years?

You may end up with honest, hard working, caring, intelligent, handsome chaps like me.

My Grandad was a migrant from Ireland.

Last week, I worked with a Polish electrician/plumber. He was polite, punctual and did a very good job. There are plenty of jobs that need filling in this country, but it's full of old right wing duffers who are nice and comfortable thank you very much and don't want anything to change, because it doesn't affect them.

I suspect it's not Poles and the descendants of the Irish you and DB have a problem with though. It's those darker hued types.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 64
Humbercod
August 29, 2022, 11:57am
Cocktail Drinker

Delusional! That’s why he’s in the House of Lords with the rest of stiffs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 64
Humbercod
August 29, 2022, 12:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

You may end up with honest, hard working, caring, intelligent, handsome chaps like me.

Last week, I worked with a Polish electrician/plumber. He was polite, punctual and did a very good job. There are plenty of jobs that need filling in this country, but it's full of old right wing duffers who are nice and comfortable thank you very much and don't want anything to change, because it doesn't affect them.

I suspect it's not Poles and the descendants of the Irish you and DB have a problem with though. It's those darker hued types.

It’s illegals regardless of colour! But you carry on with the race baiting to show a handful of people how morally superior you are👏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 64
DB
August 29, 2022, 2:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

As far as I'm aware I don't have a problem with any nationality, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Nigerian, Indian, Caribbean, Thai, Australian, or French. I could go on as I have had friends, neighbours, colleagues and clients from all these nations, not to forget the Chinese, Pakistani and Italians. Colour doesn't both me either white, black, yellow or brown.

With regard to the vid it only showed 4 min side of the story, so you don't get an unbiased view of the debate. What I did find interesting was the number of Iranians coming into this country. Our armed forces fought a war, in which some died while others were disabled for life, for Iranians to be free from the Saddam Hussein regime.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 64
Biccys
August 29, 2022, 5:15pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from DB

What I did find interesting was the number of Iranians coming into this country. Our armed forces fought a war, in which some died while others were disabled for life, for Iranians to be free from the Saddam Hussein regime.

Pretty sure you're trolling now....

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 64
DB
August 29, 2022, 5:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Biccys

Pretty sure you're trolling now....

My apologies if that is what you think. I was merely expressing an opinion on a vid which others brought to my attention.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 64
ska face
August 29, 2022, 9:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB

As far as I'm aware I don't have a problem with any nationality, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Nigerian, Indian, Caribbean, Thai, Australian, or French. I could go on as I have had friends, neighbours, colleagues and clients from all these nations, not to forget the Chinese, Pakistani and Italians. Colour doesn't both me either white, black, yellow or brown.

How about the Sugondese?
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 64
DB
August 30, 2022, 5:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

How about the Sugondese?

Met an Israeli on holiday once and even got him to buy his fair share of the drinks round.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 64
mariner91
August 30, 2022, 11:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,699
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from DB

With regard to the vid it only showed 4 min side of the story, so you don't get an unbiased view of the debate. What I did find interesting was the number of Iranians coming into this country. Our armed forces fought a war, in which some died while others were disabled for life, for Iranians to be free from the Saddam Hussein regime.

Please tell me this is a poor attempt at satire.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 64
lukeo
August 31, 2022, 5:32am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
I heard yesterday that fuel prices will drop as soon as the election has been done and the new cabinet are in place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 64
aldi_01
August 31, 2022, 10:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
I heard yesterday that fuel prices will drop as soon as the election has been done and the new cabinet are in place

But they’ll still be outrageously high, but just a tad lower than now, they did the same with petrol.

It’s great to know my energy bill will be more than my mortgage though, massively reassuring that those poor shareholders won’t be cold this winter…

I hope any girl private that voted for these flipping imbeciles freezes to flipping death this winter…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 64
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fuel Bills

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.