Limerick Mariner
August 7, 2022, 9:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
Highest first home game of the season attendance in at least 20 years!

24 years to be precise.

First time I’ve ever been in a full Main Stand since there was terracing at the front of it - so that means 42 years - Sheff Utd game. It’s cramped and uncomfortable for my long legs. But the pie was exquisite. Pies in the Upper are rubbish - next time I’ll do swap.

The ground is a shithole but it’s our shithole and we should makes the most of it - ideally make opposition players think it’s a shithole full of noisy fans who get in their faces all game. Also there shouldn’t be any question of away fans having the whole Osmond again.  Do more separation works if necessary - 919 that’s all that should be given no matter who it is.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 71
HerveJosse
August 7, 2022, 9:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from aldi_01

You’ve heard of Stubhub, buy back and the fact they’re a flipping huge club with hundreds of thousands of fans and not a tin pot lower league club?

Interesting that you seem to want everything on a plate? Do you ever do anything yourself? I know two non STH who managed to get tickets on the day, it was simple really, they asked…

If you think there’s 2000 or more that don’t have STH that may want pay on the day type tickets you’re flipping deluded. I’d argue, right now we’re peak attendance until we go up again I’d say. Of all the people I know who used to pay on the day, only 2 don’t have STs now…

I’m beginning to think that any post/thread related to attendance or capacity be best deleted or locked Becauee the same excrement just gets regurgitated.

I give in your type who criticise the pst so incessantly have no vision for where this club should be in the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 71
forza ivano
August 7, 2022, 10:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,210
Gold Stars: 265
but the maths prove 1878's point.
Capacity 9200, home capacity c8000 - home attendance at peak time of interest 6600/6700 means about 1000+ tickets still available .
Make the resale of non attending season ticket holders much more efiicient and we are still not filling BP, so proving their point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 71
aldi_01
August 7, 2022, 10:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HerveJosse

I give in your type who criticise the pst so incessantly have no vision for where this club should be in the future.

If one wishes to complain about others having a different opinion or, in your case, one wishes to throw criticisms please attempt to use the correct grammar and punctuation.

It’ll certainly help the point.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 71
HerveJosse
August 7, 2022, 10:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from aldi_01

If one wishes to complain about others having a different opinion or, in your case, one wishes to throw criticisms please attempt to use the correct grammar and punctuation.

It’ll certainly help the point.

Haven’t seen any punctuation on here since Alan Buckley was manager
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 71
FPVmariner
August 7, 2022, 10:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
I think, urgh oh no, I just want, omg I’m biting my lip, I saw the attendance, that’s it, I spaffed my load.  Fuckwits, listen, I know you cum your muck with the mere thought of a record crowd.  Let me simplify it, the gate is people through the turnstiles, cash is who paid to attend.  Bin the sensationalist bollox for fûcks sake, doesn’t matter if there are 500 empty seats as[code][/code] long as they’re paid for.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 71
Bigdog
August 7, 2022, 10:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
If we do well this season, our current capacity will hinder growth. There's nothing wrong in saying that, don't know why some are so touchy about it, and it's already being discussed at boardroom level. Having a residual allocation of mainly restricted view tickets for most home games after season ticket sales can't be an attractive proposition for either the shift worker, the occasional fan who can't afford to go every game or even the floating fan. Although we are hitting new numbers in home attendances after many years of stagnation, we still have much more potential growth. The 15k or so that made it to the Olympic Stadium with only a week's notice identifies at least a broad fanbase to work with, and less than half of those fans were at BP yesterday..

If the feelgood factor continues, and why the hell should it subside, we're going to have to bite the increase the capacity bullet sooner rather than later..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 71
Swansea_Mariner
August 7, 2022, 10:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,457
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from forza ivano
but the maths prove 1878's point.
Capacity 9200, home capacity c8000 - home attendance at peak time of interest 6600/6700 means about 1000+ tickets still available .
Make the resale of non attending season ticket holders much more efiicient and we are still not filling BP, so proving their point

I see it exactly the opposite way, it disproves their point. The system said it was a virtual sell out and yet we had 1800 seats not taken, 1000 in the home end. So someone casually looking at the availablilry last minute would not have known those seats could be free.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 71
Limerick Mariner
August 7, 2022, 10:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Not virtually a sell out - it was a sell out - not one seat left in the home areas to buy. As Stockport and Wrexham last season - maybe Notts as well.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 71
Swansea_Mariner
August 7, 2022, 10:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,457
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Not virtually a sell out - it was a sell out - no one seat left in the home areas to buy. As Stockport and Wrexham last season - maybe Notts as well.

Exactly so we are filling the stadium nomatter how many actually rock up on the day.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attendance Yesterday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.