aldi_01
August 7, 2022, 8:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HerveJosse
Having wittered on about the subject for a year now whether the subject is the real ground capacity or whether we need more I still find the clubs attitude to the need for more capacity odd ranging from not apparently knowing what our capacity is to assuming we don’t have 2000 people in the area without season tickets who are likely to want to attend if there is even a sniff of further progress at the club
Cutting through it all the key tale aways for me are summarised as follows.
1 Where there any tickets available to bu for her me fans on the day . Answer no.
2 what was the attendatnce yesterday answer 7100 implying home attendance of 6700.
3 Is it a good thing that potential or returning fans without season tickets face buying seats with poor views or access . Answer no.
4  Are crowds in football up generally and is 7000 good enough for League 2 then League 1 . Answer no
5 Conclusion Is capacity adequate now Answer no.
Only when this becomes the clubs acknowledged postion and there is action to do something about it can we continue to move forward in a significant way.

Let’s say, for arguments sake they suddenly increase the capacity at BP to 12k tomorrow, do you think there’ll be 12k at the next home game?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 71
grimps
August 7, 2022, 8:47pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,130
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from aldi_01

Let’s say, for arguments sake they suddenly increase the capacity at BP to 12k tomorrow, do you think there’ll be 12k at the next home game?

There might be in a new purpose built modern stadium with parking.
Even if the ground we’ve got had seat that you had a totally unrestricted view might add a few more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 71
aldi_01
August 7, 2022, 8:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimps

There might be in a new purpose built modern stadium with parking.
Even if the ground we’ve got had seat that you had a totally unrestricted view might add a few more

But this discussion is about extending BPs capacity and to be honest cause there weren’t a couple of thousand disappointed they didn’t get a ticket yesterday.

We’re over egging this capacity thing a bit. Almost like we’re so used to the club being run by a flipping moron and being a joke that we moan, now we have little to moan about so this is becoming a thing…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 71
HerveJosse
August 7, 2022, 9:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from aldi_01

You’ve heard of Stubhub, buy back and the fact they’re a flipping huge club with hundreds of thousands of fans and not a tin pot lower league club?

Interesting that you seem to want everything on a plate? Do you ever do anything yourself? I know two non STH who managed to get tickets on the day, it was simple really, they asked…

If you think there’s 2000 or more that don’t have STH that may want pay on the day type tickets you’re flipping deluded. I’d argue, right now we’re peak attendance until we go up again I’d say. Of all the people I know who used to pay on the day, only 2 don’t have STs now…

I’m beginning to think that any post/thread related to attendance or capacity be best deleted or locked Becauee the same excrement just gets regurgitated.

It’s not 2000 pay off n the day is it it’s 2000 who  can’t or don’t want to attend enough matches to buy a season ticket for multitude of reasons. So if we do wiell innLeague 2 you don’t think more people want to attend.? So you think we have reached our natural  that’s where you are happy to for us to stay?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 71
aldi_01
August 7, 2022, 9:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

It’s not 2000 pay off n the day is it it’s 2000 who  can’t or don’t want to attend enough matches to buy a season ticket for multitude of reasons. So if we do wiell innLeague 2 you don’t think more people want to attend.? So you think we have reached our natural  that’s where you are happy to for us to stay?

I mean there’s literally a line in my post which says ‘until we go up again’…

Nobody is saying there’s a ceiling but I didn’t see 2000 clamouring for tickets yesterday?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 71
Happy_Mariner
August 7, 2022, 9:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +69
A mate is a Spurs ST holder and you can offer your ST on some fan sale platform and he always manages to shift his.

Quoted from HerveJosse

So why does Tottenham capacity 62 k have a crowd of 61.5 yesterday do people in London not go on holiday and
why do other clubs crowds consistently match there ground capacity

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 71
HerveJosse
August 7, 2022, 9:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

No probably only 10000 if they are all good seats with good viewing and access and facility issues building to 12000 as we progress.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 71
WelwynGardener
August 7, 2022, 9:42pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 6
BP is what it is and the facilities, as they are, have to be managed/improved as best they can be managed/improved. Everything takes time and we've only just entered a new era. Can't people just be patient to see how things evolve? 7k yesterday was a pretty respectable number compared to the recent history of the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 71
HerveJosse
August 7, 2022, 9:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Happy_Mariner
A mate is a Spurs ST holder and you can offer your ST on some fan sale platform and he always manages to shift his.

We have a button on our ticket website allowing non attendees to release tickets if unable to attend but the club hasn’t publicised it so doubt many are aware.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 71
buckstown
August 7, 2022, 9:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from HerveJosse

So why does Tottenham capacity 62 k have a crowd of 61.5 yesterday do people in London not go on holiday and
why do other clubs crowds consistently match there ground capacity

Mate of mine has two season tickets at Spurs. He was on holiday and his son is working overseas so I bought both for my son and his mate while I went to BP. Guess they're more saleable?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attendance Yesterday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.