Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 290 Guests

Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early

This thread currently has 16,666 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
August 3, 2022, 6:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Kris2

Paying tax is for poor people, rich people have ways around it. Probably why he gave his personal accountant a position on the board for free to rant at fans for daring to question how things are run in what will always go down as the weirdest fans forum ever.

I was always a critic of Fenty, right from the beginning but I was always understanding enough to know running a football club isn’t easy but that night changed everything. How he was allowed to continue and still had folk believing he was doing a good job after that night is beyond me.

He publicly bullied a man for doing his job. We had Day lying to our faces about deals that never existed and stadium projects that were never happening and then we had Marley, Fenty’s mate and accountant, not a very good one at that by all accounts literally shouting at fans and telling them to shut up, why? Because they didn’t know who he was, like it was important for us to know who a no mark local accountant was.

That night a part of the club died. The saddest thing was the people in charge didn’t and couldn’t see it. I remember the face of Paul Savage, then trust chairman, a look of fear, panic and just a stark realisation that the people running the club were incompetent but arrogant sharp objects.

I spoke to Fenty that night whilst taking a urine, I asked him is he thought it went well…he did, I just looked and said we’ve got huge problems on the horizon John…he didn’t understand.

Listening to Stockwood speak is a breath of fresh air, even if you don’t agree, it’s always elegantly and clearly put. It’s progressive and it’s clear there’s a plan and an eye on the next phase. Almost like we now support a different club.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 118
It Bites
August 3, 2022, 7:19am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,164
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from aldi_01

I was always a critic of Fenty, right from the beginning but I was always understanding enough to know running a football club isn’t easy but that night changed everything. How he was allowed to continue and still had folk believing he was doing a good job after that night is beyond me.

He publicly bullied a man for doing his job. We had Day lying to our faces about deals that never existed and stadium projects that were never happening and then we had Marley, Fenty’s mate and accountant, not a very good one at that by all accounts literally shouting at fans and telling them to shut up, why? Because they didn’t know who he was, like it was important for us to know who a no mark local accountant was.

That night a part of the club died. The saddest thing was the people in charge didn’t and couldn’t see it. I remember the face of Paul Savage, then trust chairman, a look of fear, panic and just a stark realisation that the people running the club were incompetent but arrogant sharp objects.

I spoke to Fenty that night whilst taking a urine, I asked him is he thought it went well…he did, I just looked and said we’ve got huge problems on the horizon John…he didn’t understand.

Listening to Stockwood speak is a breath of fresh air, even if you don’t agree, it’s always elegantly and clearly put. It’s progressive and it’s clear there’s a plan and an eye on the next phase. Almost like we now support a different club.

They , including Slade , behaved like a bunch of School Bullies on that night . How they all looked at themselves in the mirror after that night is beyond me . It takes a special kind of Adult to behave like that and unfortunately History is littered with Losers like that
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 118
aldi_01
August 3, 2022, 8:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from It Bites

They , including Slade , behaved like a bunch of School Bullies on that night . How they all looked at themselves in the mirror after that night is beyond me . It takes a special kind of Adult to behave like that and unfortunately History is littered with Losers like that

I’ve no issue of people admit mistakes, can recognise they were wrong etc but they all genuinely believed they did nothing wrong. The lack of self awareness probably gives you an indication of their arrogance and ignorance to anything…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 118
bax
August 3, 2022, 8:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from aldi_01

I'll never forget that night. It was embarrassing and I felt so sorry for Matt Dean who is an excellent journalist and didn't deserve what he got. I actually resigned as Trust chairman straight after that meeting because I didn't feel the Trust should align itself with the club. It was the polar opposite of what the Trust should have been. I got talked into staying on but ended up quitting not long after when it became clear too many Trust board members (in my very clear opinion) were closer to the club's beliefs at that time than mine and I didn't want any part of what was going on.

As I was sat next to JF I remember him writing stuff on his notebook (if I recollect he'd got a text or a message during the meeting saying Chris Clements was going out on loan and he'd written that down) and he also scribbled something related to Matt Dean and underlined it. I don't remember what it said, only that it was clear what happened was pre-meditated.

I got hauled into the boardroom a week or so after that fans' forum as I'd said JF had bullied Matt Dean which he took offence to. He tried (and failed) to make me watch the whole fans forum back to prove he hadn't done it - it was here he told me Operation Promotion was the worst thing that could have happened to the club because of the pressure it put on everyone. When I became Trust chair I was told by previous chairs that I wouldn't do it very long because no-one could work with JF. They weren't wrong.

Incidentally, I met Jason Stockwood just after the Play Off Final. He didn't know me from Adam but what a breath of fresh air, chatted to me and my partner for about 20 minutes and was the polar opposite to anyone I had encountered at the club previously. We truly are in safe hands now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 118
aldi_01
August 3, 2022, 9:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from bax

I'll never forget that night. It was embarrassing and I felt so sorry for Matt Dean who is an excellent journalist and didn't deserve what he got. I actually resigned as Trust chairman straight after that meeting because I didn't feel the Trust should align itself with the club. It was the polar opposite of what the Trust should have been. I got talked into staying on but ended up quitting not long after when it became clear too many Trust board members (in my very clear opinion) were closer to the club's beliefs at that time than mine and I didn't want any part of what was going on.

As I was sat next to JF I remember him writing stuff on his notebook (if I recollect he'd got a text or a message during the meeting saying Chris Clements was going out on loan and he'd written that down) and he also scribbled something related to Matt Dean and underlined it. I don't remember what it said, only that it was clear what happened was pre-meditated.

I got hauled into the boardroom a week or so after that fans' forum as I'd said JF had bullied Matt Dean which he took offence to. He tried (and failed) to make me watch the whole fans forum back to prove he hadn't done it - it was here he told me Operation Promotion was the worst thing that could have happened to the club because of the pressure it put on everyone. When I became Trust chair I was told by previous chairs that I wouldn't do it very long because no-one could work with JF. They weren't wrong.

Incidentally, I met Jason Stockwood just after the Play Off Final. He didn't know me from Adam but what a breath of fresh air, chatted to me and my partner for about 20 minutes and was the polar opposite to anyone I had encountered at the club previously. We truly are in safe hands now.

Exactly, nobody wanted to or could work with Fenty and that’s how much apparent with the folk wanting and willing to work with the club.

He’s a bully, always has been and now we can add tax evader and liar to the list.

That night felt like a violation, it felt like the club died a little and we’d never recover until he was gone…and I don’t think we did…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 118
RonMariner
August 3, 2022, 10:37am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,672
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from forza ivano

so it's not  a good bit of business then?

not good that McAtee has got his future sorted out in an amicable manner , and is happy to continue to play for us for the next 9 months?

not good that we've got a good proportion of the fee up front, which will help our cashflow and will have been a factor in being able to pay Fenty off early?

not good that we seem to have got a good start to a relationship with Luton?

not good that we have got a good deal for a player who otherwise would have left for naff all in the summer?

Yes, but apart from that what have the Romans, I mean New Owners, ever done for us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 118
arryarryarry
August 3, 2022, 11:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from forza ivano

dunno if it's just me , but your post certainly didn't read like that. More like a dig that we haven't gone out and spent money on a striker

Yep wrong again.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 118
friskneymariner
August 3, 2022, 11:16am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from aldi_01

Exactly, nobody wanted to or could work with Fenty and that’s how much apparent with the folk wanting and willing to work with the club.

He’s a bully, always has been and now we can add tax evader and liar to the list.

That night felt like a violation, it felt like the club died a little and we’d never recover until he was gone…and I don’t think we did…

That night was a classic demonstration of siege mentality,it should be used in management studies of how an organisation act when it is entering terminal entropy ,very similar to all the sycophants who came out to defend Boris Johnson and then had to contradict themselves hours later.Old Chinese proverb '' he who rides on the back of the tiger is frightened to dismount'.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 118
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 3, 2022, 11:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from RonMariner

Yes, but apart from that what have the Romans, I mean New Owners, ever done for us?

Obviously not irrigation/sanitation judging by the bogs at times

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 118
lukeo
August 3, 2022, 4:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Pardon my ignorance Bax but are you still a part of the trust in any way shape or form? You seem like you have the exact views and love for GTFC as the large majority of it. If you're not would you ever consider doing it again now the club has changed dramatically?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.