Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 267 Guests

Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early

This thread currently has 16,651 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
FPVmariner
August 2, 2022, 5:14pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
Am I missing something here, I thought Jason said the debt would be paid 18 months early, not that it had been paid.  Anyone care to clarify please?
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 118
MuddyWaters
August 2, 2022, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from FPVmariner
Am I missing something here, I thought Jason said the debt would be paid 18 months early, not that it had been paid.  Anyone care to clarify please?

Is it so important? Do we know exactly what the payment schedule is/was? Thanks to some player sales, some promotion cash, Jason winning Euromillions, whatever, we have finally got rid of the narcissist. No, not that one. 😎😎😉
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 118
MarinerDevil
August 2, 2022, 5:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,706
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from FPVmariner

Good question. The debt was to be paid in three instalments in December of each year. December 2023 would have been the last payment. Dec 2023 - 18 months = June 2022.

So in theory it's all gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 118
ginnywings
August 2, 2022, 5:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from FPVmariner

It was a three year schedule initially, with the final payment due in December 2023.

They took over in May 2021, so that would be 31 months from then until the final payment, so given they have been here 14 months, I guess they have already paid up if it's 18 months early.

Edit: MarinerDevil beat me to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 118
DB
August 2, 2022, 6:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
Jason said they might have got more but the loan back clinched the deal. It's nice to know that money is no longer the be-all at Town and the future of the team and club are. Building firm foundations I seem to recall Jason said some time ago.

We seem to have struck gold with Jason and Andrew as owners. They make some blunders along the way but their hearts are in the right place.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 118
coddy60
August 2, 2022, 6:11pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Blunders along the way 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 118
BenBB
August 2, 2022, 6:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from DB
Jason said they might have got more but the loan back clinched the deal. It's nice to know that money is no longer the be-all at Town and the future of the team and club are. Building firm foundations I seem to recall Jason said some time ago.

We seem to have struck gold with Jason and Andrew as owners. They make some blunders along the way but their hearts are in the right place.

Other than perhaps #BadgeFlagGate, like what? Obviously they're not perfect but they've been pretty good so far.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 118
MuddyWaters
August 2, 2022, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from DB

Blunders? Maybe the badge.

I thought the thread title might be a clue. They’ve wiped out the final part of Fenty’s legacy. Save for getting the 200,000 trust/Parker money back, which I’d think is long gone.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 118
Poojah
August 2, 2022, 6:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,424
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from DB

It’s a lot easier to take such a stance, and negotiate more effectively in general, when you’ve managed yourself into a position whereby cash flow is healthy and you are not desperate for money.

All of the marginal gains we were beginning to talk about a year ago are starting to come to fruition in a collectively very powerful way.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 118
gtfc98
August 2, 2022, 6:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Yep! His tacky mansion on Humberstone Avenue hasn't had many (any) offers!

Quoted from aldi_01
May be Fenty needed the money to pay HMRC the cash he owes them?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.