Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 253 Guests

Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early

This thread currently has 16,664 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
HatTrickHero
August 4, 2022, 9:42am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +777
Gold Stars: 25
"Now this will start a pile on with oodles of Red X's  (Must find out what they actually mean...."

If we reach 30 you have to delete your account.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
August 4, 2022, 10:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Croxton

Feel free to 'other' the Trust Board when Bax resigned but references to 'them' and collective infers that you cling to past prejudices rather easily. How about living in the present a little more whilst being informed about the past rather than the other way round? Aldi's post expresses that balance very well.

I'm not sure why you are getting hot under the collar. I commented on Bax's post reiterating my long held opinion that the Trust, although well meaning, was not working in the wider fans interest by failing to disclose how poisonous Fenty was. No prejudice just an opinion of the situation at the time.

If someone posts something about the work the current Trust do I may or may not express an opinion on that.

Private Message
Reply: 61 - 118
sam gy
August 4, 2022, 10:36am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
The reason that Operation Promotion was a terrible thing for Fenty and co is because they couldn't claim the plaudits for it after it worked.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 118
friskneymariner
August 4, 2022, 10:36am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Think the Trust is now going the right way I was one of the biggest critic of the Trust under Fenty. I think he regarded them as useful idiots,and they should have stood up to him,as Bax did.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 118
FPVmariner
August 4, 2022, 10:48am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
I tried driving yesterday while constantly looking backwards……hit a bloomin’ tree.  Still, I’ve got a neck brace on now and can only look forwards.  Alls well that ends well eh?
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 118
Croxton
August 4, 2022, 1:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33

I'm not sure why you are getting hot under the collar. I commented on Bax's post reiterating my long held opinion that the Trust, although well meaning, was not working in the wider fans interest by failing to disclose how poisonous Fenty was. No prejudice just an opinion of the situation at the time.

If someone posts something about the work the current Trust do I may or may not express an opinion on that.

I think most fans already knew how poisonous Fenty was. Perhaps the Trust felt that further resignations would achieve very little . Outside or inside tent discussions would have been prevalent.

My collar remains cool. I was a tad patronising though for which I apologise!

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 118
Deckhand
August 4, 2022, 1:12pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 3
I'd never join the Trust after the 200k debacle because what would they do next when the pressure on!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 118
MrThirsty
August 4, 2022, 2:20pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +236
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Deckhand
I'd never join the Trust after the 200k debacle because what would they do next when the pressure on!!!

If there is a next time then I’m sure they would react differently. Clearly the new regime value what the current Trust offer as they work closely with them. If you remain stuck in the past you never move forward that, ironically, was one of major faults of the JF era.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
August 4, 2022, 2:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Croxton

I think most fans already knew how poisonous Fenty was. Perhaps the Trust felt that further resignations would achieve very little . Outside or inside tent discussions would have been prevalent.

My collar remains cool. I was a tad patronising though for which I apologise!

No worries- it would not be a forum without disparate views.

I think you might be surprised at how many fans thought JF was doing a reasonable job in the circumstances.  They saw him loaning the club money, climbing the floodlights to change a bulb and installing all the mod cons like a sink for the ladies. They thought benign meant something different than wanting every single penny back despite having all the control, the kudos and all the perks of owning a professional club for all those years.

I might have thought that myself had I not seen him in business circles, and through my business contacts who told me he was impossible to work with and not in any way collegiate. They told me stories that would make you laugh and cry at the same time.

In any event you have to go through these trials and tribulations to get to a better place but I didn't expect it to take the best part of two decades which is why I have always been irritated that the Trust willingly or unwillingly gave him a cloak of respectability.

Private Message
Reply: 68 - 118
mariner91
August 4, 2022, 3:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from GrimPol
For a man that "left the building" some time ago JF is still haunting some on this forum.
They're the ones who had such foresight that they knew JF would mess it up before he even joined.
And the ones who are self-flagellating with cat o nine tails and they should have done this or that whilst they could,
Just stop it, you're making my pixels run on my screen.

Now this will start a pile on with oodles of Red X's (Must find out what they actually mean. I'll pretend that they are signes of affection for now  
It could be much much worse, but it wasn't.  Not that long ago people were sighing and pointing to Scunthorpe as a model we should follow. Then there's Macclesfield, Oldham, Bury, Rushden & D, Chester, Aldershot remember them ???
So yes JF ran the management side bizarrely, with more U-turns than the government,  but the financial side was good. Yes, I know you just choked on your coffee, but the fact that the club is paying off its debt earlier means it was a low-debt club. You can't have it both ways.
And there are the media (Poor old Matt Dean and Radio Humberside). They are all over Grimsby now but wait untill we have a few bad runs, and just when you need them most, the knives will be out. Let's not forget RH's  roll in one of our manager's demise. Trust the media? As much as I trust some on this site giving PH a bad time Feb/Mar/April. Short memories eh?

We have a club, a ground, a manager, a squad, a few points wouldn't go amiss, and you are argueing about ancient history.
ATAW  UTM  PHBAWA  SWWF   etc

It's easy to save money when you let the stadium and training ground fall into a terrible state because you won't pay for any upkeep. Even easier if you oversee the worst period on the pitch in the club's history.

1878 have already spent a lot of money from their own pockets improving the training ground and the stadium to finally bring them up to the required standard. The only reason Fenty didn't create financial issues was because the tight git allowed stuff to become run down instead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.