Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 206 Guests

Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early

This thread currently has 16,660 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
August 4, 2022, 9:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,937
Gold Stars: 190
I think the Chair of the Trust at the time was in awe of Fenty, you could see the puppy dog eyes when he presented fans forums that I attended. He was a rabbit in the headlights when Fenty got caught out with May. Once board election came round there were multiple people keen to get involved meaning the Chair had to stand for election and was booted out.

The Trust get blamed about the £200k all the time but it was the membership who voted for it when Fenty said failure to do it meant we needed to sell Hearn. The fools aren't the Trust board for following through with a democratic vote...

Our 2 elected directors messed up the badge situation by misjudging the reaction but they held their hands up and I feel confident that they have learned from that experience. It's easy to sit here behind a keyboard and say everything bad they've been associated with but what about all the good?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 118
MuddyWaters
August 4, 2022, 9:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Deckhand

Well said 👏 so why did the Trust members vote to hand over £200k to Fenty

Because they believed the rhetoric. Which was bullshit. Fenty couldn’t afford to bankrupt the club.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 118
aldi_01
August 4, 2022, 10:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GrimPol

Quite right.
But we still have a Ground, and Training facilities to bring up to scratch, others, that this forum drooled over, don't. You have a well rehearsed blind spot, I don't.
So when you moan about someone, ie. live in the past, have at least some honesty and gonads to say bits that were ok, if few and far between, but meaningful nevertheless. If your good metric is a guy spends a lot of money, then let's hope a Sheikh buys out 1878 (lets not worry about human rights).
Like someone has said previously, you can't drive a car by just looking in your rearview mirror.
Having said all that all we need is some points on Saturday.
Nobody ever got 3 points moaning about the past!
AMAW UTM

If the only positive you can find is ‘it could’ve been worse, look at bury, Darlington et al’ then it very clear Fenty had no single positive impact on the club. He tried to bring a known fraudster in to the club having called genuine buyers ‘tyre kickers’, through the back door. He expected that with empty stadiums he could bring him in under the cover of darkness and it’d be too late for the fans by the time they found out…it went wrong though. He’s still never apologised, he’s still only smarting because he was caught, much like a common thief. He couldn’t care less and believe you me, had that deal gone through, we would’ve gone the same way as those clubs often used as examples of ‘it could’ve been worse’.

There are two positives under his tenure, promotion (which he then single handedly copulated sending us hurtling towards the trap door again’ and leaving the club.

He’s a disgrace and whilst one has to look forward, change only occurs when you’re aware of the past.

We did indeed have a training ground, it even had a dart board…only one ball mind…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 118
mariner91
August 4, 2022, 10:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,592
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from GrimPol

Quite right.
But we still have a Ground, and Training facilities to bring up to scratch, others, that this forum drooled over, don't. You have a well rehearsed blind spot, I don't.
So when you moan about someone, ie. live in the past, have at least some honesty and gonads to say bits that were ok, if few and far between, but meaningful nevertheless. If your good metric is a guy spends a lot of money, then let's hope a Sheikh buys out 1878 (lets not worry about human rights).
Like someone has said previously, you can't drive a car by just looking in your rearview mirror.
Having said all that all we need is some points on Saturday.
Nobody ever got 3 points moaning about the past!
AMAW UTM

Any pretence that Fenty did it all for the love the club and kept us afloat out of the goodness of his heart went out the window when he cashed in the shares he blackmailed from the trust and when he tried to get a convicted conman into the board room on the sly. He was only ever in it because he thought he could make some money from delivering a new stadium.

Which bits of it were okay? Being relegated to non league twice? Languishing in non league and never challenging for six years? Having one top half finish in any of the FL divisions over 18 years?

Or were you more attached to the drunken midnight ramblings? The unprofessional club statements? The various other ways he was a complete embarrassment almost constantly? Yes we still have a club to support but it was on its knees. It was only the good work of the Telegraph and Lloyd Griffiths that stopped the club going the way of all those clubs you mentioned so let’s not pretend it was Fenty who we have to thank. He’d have sold the club down the river on the hope that Alex May could have delivered something. Arrogant, greedy and foolish. He will forever be responsible for the worst period in the club’s long history and will be remembered with nothing but loathing by the vast majority of the fanbase.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 118
aldi_01
August 4, 2022, 10:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Any pretence that Fenty did it all for the love the club and kept us afloat out of the goodness of his heart went out the window when he cashed in the shares he blackmailed from the trust and when he tried to get a convicted conman into the board room on the sly. He was only ever in it because he thought he could make some money from delivering a new stadium.

Which bits of it were okay? Being relegated to non league twice? Languishing in non league and never challenging for six years? Having one top half finish in any of the FL divisions over 18 years?

Or were you more attached to the drunken midnight ramblings? The unprofessional club statements? The various other ways he was a complete embarrassment almost constantly? Yes we still have a club to support but it was on its knees. It was only the good work of the Telegraph and Lloyd Griffiths that stopped the club going the way of all those clubs you mentioned so let’s not pretend it was Fenty who we have to thank. He’d have sold the club down the river on the hope that Alex May could have delivered something. Arrogant, greedy and foolish. He will forever be responsible for the worst period in the club’s long history and will be remembered with nothing but loathing by the vast majority of the fanbase.

Big town fan is John, been an ever present since he sold the club (a club he never used a penny of his own money to buy)…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 118
lukeo
August 5, 2022, 5:50am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from bax

No, not a Trust member and have zero intentions of joining again or being part of it. Unfortunately still have a few scars from that time and I much prefer watching games as a fan rather than being involved - Operation Promotion is something I always look back on fondly but what happened after that, not so much! Plus I don't think Jason and Andrew need a supporter's Trust in the same way we needed one up to the takeover.

Appreciate the reply Back. I totally understand. OP for me was brilliant, brought us all together and what a day at Wembley that year. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 118
GrimPol
August 5, 2022, 7:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -655
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from mariner91

Mariner91 Aldi_01 the bile coming through is horrendous. (You'll have to enlighten me on how the Telegraph (Grimsby?) and Lloyd Griffiths saved Our Town. Always wanting to learn)

You remind me of some Charlton Athletic fans years ago, the same toxic bile put upon Curbishley whose crime was keeping CA in the Premier League , but just in never top 4.
So the pile on. Arguments to the contrary as "you know Charlton fans you are punching above your weight just being in the PL" never made any dents in their "we have been so wronged!" cries. Curbishley left year earlier thean he should have. Just remind me where Charlton is right now?
To follow the herd and never see any upsides is your thing, I think individually. You see things Black or White (no pun intended) I see the shades in between. You accuse me of, what exactly? Saying the truth that we have a Ground and Small debt when other clubs are going to the wall.
What I say is that you are wallowing in a historic cesspit whilst turning on yourselves, whilst I'm smelling newly mown grass of BP which we own and watch the lads go through their paces at Cheapy even with one dartboard.
I think I know where I'd rather be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 118
gtfc98
August 5, 2022, 7:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from GrimPol

Mariner91 Aldi_01 the bile coming through is horrendous.
You remind me of some Charlton Athletic fans years ago, the same toxic bile put upon Curbishley whose crime was keeping CA in the Premier League , but just in never top 4.
So the pile on. Arguments to the contrary as "you know Charlton fans you are punching above your weight just being in the PL" never made any dents in their "we have been so wronged!" cries. Curbishley left year earlier thean he should have. Just remind me where Charlton is right now?
To follow the herd and never see any upsides is your thing, I think individually. You see things Black or White (no pun intended) I see the shades in between. You accuse me of, what exactly? Saying the truth that we have a Ground and Small debt when other clubs are going to the wall.
What I say is that you are wallowing in a historic cesspit whilst turning on yourselves, whilst I'm smelling newly mown grass of BP which we own and watch the lads go through their paces at Cheapy even with one dartboard.

How did you say you and John are related again?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 118
It Bites
August 5, 2022, 7:31am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,167
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from GrimPol

Ahaaaaaa . Alan Partridge is back . Missed you Alan 💖💖
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 118
aldi_01
August 5, 2022, 7:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

Which brother are you?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.