Norseman
August 11, 2022, 12:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Mariner_09
Probably the cost of living biting, lots of people having shelled out on ST, probably just been on holiday or going on holiday or even away on holiday. That and it being £24 a throw plus the rail strike probably means it’ll knock a good few hundred off what it could be.

Saturday is a game we really need to winning, I’m a tad apprehensive given how poorly they’ve started the season but we need to start winning games in the league sooner rather than later.

,"How poorly we have started the season" .We lost at Orient who have won both games .We played 1 of the favourites Northampton off the park on Saturday and only got a point .Then wallop Crewe last night .How is that starting the league poorly. We are 2 league games in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 109
Poojah
August 11, 2022, 1:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,532
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Norseman

,"How poorly we have started the season" .We lost at Orient who have won both games .We played 1 of the favourites Northampton off the park on Saturday and only got a point .Then wallop Crewe last night .How is that starting the league poorly. We are 2 league games in

“They”, as in Rochdale, I assume.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 109
aldi_01
August 11, 2022, 6:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
If people think we’ve had a poor start after playing an alleged favourite off the park and being unlucky to get only a point the lm we better give up.

However much Crewe were changed, we dominated, completely. Whoever you’re playing, that’s not easy to do.

In truth, I don’t believe the way we’ve played has anything to do with ticket sales and all to do with cost of living and people prioritising where to spend their money.

That’s said, mocking scunny for cancelling a bus to an away game in Woking on a Tuesday is crass.

We’ve now 3 home games on the spin because of the cup draw, a game STH have to pay for too, whilst good for the club, if you were unsure about Rochdale, money being tight, I know which most will choose to go to.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 109
Deckhand
August 11, 2022, 6:09am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Youngy
For anybody staying over, the Rochdale Feel Good festival is taking place on the same day. Similar to what Tramlines used to be in Sheffield, several pubs have DJ's, music and comedians on with a main outdoor venue at Rochdale College. Fratelli's headlining the outdoor stage and it's a grand cost of £8 a ticket. Also finishes in time for the last train back to Manchester.

https://www.rochdale.gov.uk/rochdale-feel-good-festival

I'll give it a very wide bearth

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 109
Davec
August 11, 2022, 6:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
Public transport on Saturday is a joke aswell.

Trains on strike

Whilst TPE are not on strike, TPE are in a state of total disarray currently and are prone to cancelling many trains on all routes, including between Grimsby and Manchester and at times they leave over 2 hour gaps between services.

Not only that It is then a 30 Min tram journey from Manchester to Rochdale and then 30 min walk from the tramp stop to the ground.

So whilst it is commutable, the state public transport is in, some people will be put off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 109
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 11, 2022, 6:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from thornemariner

. Home to Man Utd this Saturday. Average cost of a home game with a ST is £26.50 which puts some EFL pricing into perspective.

Perspective, is the amount they (premier league teams) get from tv revenue, sponsorship, shirt sales etc etc

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 109
aldi_01
August 11, 2022, 7:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Whilst the £24 ticket will put some off, even at £15 I’m still convinced we’d have seen them fly out the shop, and now with an additional, big home game making it 3 on the spin, people will prioritise.

It’s a combination of things but the team itself shouldn’t even be a consideration, if it is then I’d suspect those fans were drifters anyway…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 109
Madeleymariner
August 11, 2022, 8:31am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,052
Gold Stars: 49
I went last time we played them away and tend to go to games in that area but simply don't have the spare cash any more my household bills have gone up by nearly 100 quid a week in the last year and income by about 5 quid 😢😢😢
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 109
ska face
August 11, 2022, 8:50am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Same, I’m on the bones of my bottom at the minute and it’s only going to get worse come October. Christ knows what the situation will look like in January.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 109
Ashby mariner
August 11, 2022, 9:48am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Does anyone know if it's pay in the day?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rochdale

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.