11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Son of Cod
August 10, 2022, 10:52am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
The train strikes have obviously played a part, there'll be nobody coming at all hardly from down London/South East way. Like I said further up, I've got a ticket and won't be coming now unfortunately. A lot of away attendances will be down this weekend I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 109
Limerick Mariner
August 10, 2022, 10:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,662
Gold Stars: 136
I expect we’ll get to about 1200 - as per Stockport and Alty last season - albeit those were Tuesday nights. I expected a lot more but Gy is a low income town, there is a financial whirlwind coming and people will be battening down the hatches.

In terms of disposable income, it’s better that it’s spent at Blundell Park.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 109
BobbyCummingsTackle
August 10, 2022, 10:59am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291

The Pint Pot & D’Ale House.

D’Ale House looks a cross between a brothel and a vape shop from the outside.

All the ladies are smokin'.....

Add in a pub called The Cemetery Hotel and you have the set of a David Lynch movie.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 109
TwoLeftFeet
August 10, 2022, 11:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,069
Gold Stars: 18
Cost of living is definitely a big factor plus the option to watch it on ifollow is there now.. even if you have to find ways around the system to see it in this country..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 109
Grantham_Mariner
August 10, 2022, 11:38am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,177
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from aldi_01
I imagined the first two away games to sell out and whilst Orient eventually did, tickets weren’t too hard to come by.

Rochdale, although not far is still an expensive day out. At its cheapest for a dad and lad it’s £31 just for tickets, at its most expensive it’s £38. Then include fuel money, food and drink and it’s the best part of 80/90 quid. People simply don’t have the cash.

Then factor in that folk are on holiday and kids are off so again, they’ll allocate money to family days out etc or might not even be here to attend.

I wonder, if Rochdale had been mid October if we’d have seen the tickets snapped up much quicker?

I mean we laughed at scunny cancelling a bus but we’d have to admit, we all assumed tickets for Rochdale would’ve smashed 1000 easy.

Fact is, there’s various reasons for the slow uptake on tickets and I suspect across many of the divisions teams are seeing the same. Sadly, whilst we all love our clubs, I suspect we also prefer to feed our kids and heat our homes…that electricity and gas stuff is significantly more important than Rochdale v Grimsby at Spotland, or whatever name they’re calling it now.

There is a cap of £30 max for away tickets in Premier League, the EFL should do the same, £25 in Championship and £20 in Leagues 1 & 2. (Half price for concessions)

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 109
BobbyCummingsTackle
August 10, 2022, 11:49am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

There is a cap of £30 max for away tickets in Premier League, the EFL should do the same, £25 in Championship and £20 in Leagues 1 & 2. (Half price for concessions)

This may well be true (I have no idea) but I'm struggling to see the Premier League as a shining beacon of equity and fairness for fans.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 109
thornemariner
August 10, 2022, 11:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +628
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from aldi_01
I imagined the first two away games to sell out and whilst Orient eventually did, tickets weren’t too hard to come by.

Rochdale, although not far is still an expensive day out. At its cheapest for a dad and lad it’s £31 just for tickets, at its most expensive it’s £38. Then include fuel money, food and drink and it’s the best part of 80/90 quid. People simply don’t have the cash.

Then factor in that folk are on holiday and kids are off so again, they’ll allocate money to family days out etc or might not even be here to attend.

I wonder, if Rochdale had been mid October if we’d have seen the tickets snapped up much quicker?

I mean we laughed at scunny cancelling a bus but we’d have to admit, we all assumed tickets for Rochdale would’ve smashed 1000 easy.

Fact is, there’s various reasons for the slow uptake on tickets and I suspect across many of the divisions teams are seeing the same. Sadly, whilst we all love our clubs, I suspect we also prefer to feed our kids and heat our homes…that electricity and gas stuff is significantly more important than Rochdale v Grimsby at Spotland, or whatever name they’re calling it now.

I always thought that uptake on tickets might be slower than anticipated and while rail strikes aren't helping, I imagine the cost of living is having an effect. Living out of town and not certain of a lift back, I gave last night a miss. Gutted to miss such a good performance but the cost of the ticket was also a factor.

While I get to a good number of away games, paying £24 (plus £1 booking fee) for a Rochdale ticket would have stuck in the craw. I'm skipping some Brentford home games in favour of watching Town away but not on this occasion. Home to Man Utd this Saturday. Average cost of a home game with a ST is £26.50 which puts some EFL pricing into perspective.

Private Message
Reply: 76 - 109
Mendonca1995
August 10, 2022, 8:15pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
2 tickets bought today for me and the daughter think there was over 1000 that had been snapped up so far 🙌

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 109
PrestwichMariner
August 10, 2022, 8:30pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 5
Mine arrived yesterday

Wearing badges is not enough in days like these!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 109
petethemariner
August 10, 2022, 11:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I reckon 1000+ fans for a Div 2 game 140+ miles away is superb tbh,  many   Div 1 clubs and a few championship clubs would struggle to achieve that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rochdale

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.