11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Youngy
August 6, 2022, 1:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
For anybody staying over, the Rochdale Feel Good festival is taking place on the same day. Similar to what Tramlines used to be in Sheffield, several pubs have DJ's, music and comedians on with a main outdoor venue at Rochdale College. Fratelli's headlining the outdoor stage and it's a grand cost of £8 a ticket. Also finishes in time for the last train back to Manchester.

https://www.rochdale.gov.uk/rochdale-feel-good-festival
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 109
Son of Cod
August 6, 2022, 1:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 196

There’s a couple of decent micropubs in the town centre. The best larger pubs are probably The Baum and The Flying Horse Hotel.

My wife’s from Bury and has never let me go in The Cemetery Hotel near the (Rochdale) ground.

Ah nice cheers for that. Any idea what the micropubs are called? I might head to Vocation in Hebden Bridge for a few and then onto Rochdale from there maybe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 109
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 6, 2022, 8:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Son of Cod

Ah nice cheers for that. Any idea what the micropubs are called? I might head to Vocation in Hebden Bridge for a few and then onto Rochdale from there maybe.

The Pint Pot & D’Ale House.

D’Ale House looks a cross between a brothel and a vape shop from the outside.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 109
Son of Cod
August 9, 2022, 11:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 196
On reflection, I can't really justify the expense of making this into a full weekend away so if anyone is driving up and down from London and wants some company/petrol money then please let me know.

Otherwise, if anyone needs a ticket then PM me. I'll send you mine recorded delivery for £20 so you'd be getting it cheaper than face value and with free delivery.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 109
headingly_mariner
August 10, 2022, 10:05am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Only 950 tickets sold, surprised we haven't shifted more. Last night should make a few minds up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 109
Rodley Mariner
August 10, 2022, 10:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
I wonder if a consequence of the amazing season ticket sales might be that away followings will reduce? I would have gone to Leyton Orient last season but couldn't justify that and Rochdale after forking out for season tickets. So picked Rochdale but have the opening game a miss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 109
Mariner_09
August 10, 2022, 10:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Probably the cost of living biting, lots of people having shelled out on ST, probably just been on holiday or going on holiday or even away on holiday. That and it being £24 a throw plus the rail strike probably means it’ll knock a good few hundred off what it could be.

Saturday is a game we really need to winning, I’m a tad apprehensive given how poorly they’ve started the season but we need to start winning games in the league sooner rather than later.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 109
aldi_01
August 10, 2022, 10:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I imagined the first two away games to sell out and whilst Orient eventually did, tickets weren’t too hard to come by.

Rochdale, although not far is still an expensive day out. At its cheapest for a dad and lad it’s £31 just for tickets, at its most expensive it’s £38. Then include fuel money, food and drink and it’s the best part of 80/90 quid. People simply don’t have the cash.

Then factor in that folk are on holiday and kids are off so again, they’ll allocate money to family days out etc or might not even be here to attend.

I wonder, if Rochdale had been mid October if we’d have seen the tickets snapped up much quicker?

I mean we laughed at scunny cancelling a bus but we’d have to admit, we all assumed tickets for Rochdale would’ve smashed 1000 easy.

Fact is, there’s various reasons for the slow uptake on tickets and I suspect across many of the divisions teams are seeing the same. Sadly, whilst we all love our clubs, I suspect we also prefer to feed our kids and heat our homes…that electricity and gas stuff is significantly more important than Rochdale v Grimsby at Spotland, or whatever name they’re calling it now.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 109
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 10, 2022, 10:35am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from aldi_01
Sadly, whilst we all love our clubs, I suspect we also prefer to feed our kids and heat our homes…that electricity and gas stuff is significantly more important than Rochdale v Grimsby at Spotland, or whatever name they’re calling it now.

Crown Oil Arena - ironically, given your post  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 109
aldi_01
August 10, 2022, 10:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

Crown Oil Arena - ironically, given your post  

😂😂🙈

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.