Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 1, 2022, 11:55am
Anyone know when the tickets go on sale? Allocation?
Posted by: ska face, August 1, 2022, 3:02pm; Reply: 1
The Mariners have received a total of 2,019 tickets for our upcoming trip to Rochdale on Saturday 13th August, 3pm kick-off.

Tickets will be made available exclusively to season ticket holders on Tuesday 2nd August at 10am and are priced as follows:

Adults – £24
Senior (65+)* – £19
Young Person (21 & Under)* – £14
Junior (11 & Under)* – £7

*Proof of age may be required on turnstiles.

Any remaining tickets will be made available to Mariners Trust members on a one-for-one basis from 10am on Friday 5th August & 1878 Club members from 9am on Saturday 6th August. Any remaining tickets available on unrestricted general sale from 10am on Monday 8th August.

https://gtfc.co.uk/rochale-ticket-information/
Posted by: Hagrid, August 1, 2022, 3:04pm; Reply: 2
pricey
Posted by: TheultimateMariner, August 1, 2022, 3:09pm; Reply: 3
Guess I’ll be 20 years old that day
Posted by: toontown, August 1, 2022, 3:11pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from ska face
The Mariners have received a total of 2,019 tickets for our upcoming trip to Rochdale on Saturday 13th August, 3pm kick-off.

Tickets will be made available exclusively to season ticket holders on Tuesday 2nd August at 10am and are priced as follows:

Adults – £24
Senior (65+)* – £19
Young Person (21 & Under)* – £14
Junior (11 & Under)* – £7

*Proof of age may be required on turnstiles.

Any remaining tickets will be made available to Mariners Trust members on a one-for-one basis from 10am on Friday 5th August & 1878 Club members from 9am on Saturday 6th August. Any remaining tickets available on unrestricted general sale from 10am on Monday 8th August.

https://gtfc.co.uk/rochale-ticket-information/

So now,after the orient game they're going BACK to Trust members have priority over 1878 members?!?!? FFS

Family member has bought 1878 and was told this gave priority over trust members, although the club website said it didn't. Then against orient that seemed OK. Now doing another 360 turn and Trust members have priority for the Rochdale match!? Be annoyed if they've paid money for no reason due to misinformation from the club on multiple occasions.

Make your frigging minds up
Posted by: MarinerWY, August 1, 2022, 5:26pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from toontown

So now,after the orient game they're going BACK to Trust members have priority over 1878 members?!?!? FFS

Family member has bought 1878 and was told this gave priority over trust members, although the club website said it didn't. Then against orient that seemed OK. Now doing another 360 turn and Trust members have priority for the Rochdale match!? Be annoyed if they've paid money for no reason due to misinformation from the club on multiple occasions.

Make your frigging minds up

We're in exactly the same boat. Are members of trust anyway, but purchased 1878 membership as despite the initial communication from club, Leyton Orient tickers did go to 1878 before Trust members.

I have no issue with money going into club coffers, but if 1878 doesn't actually get you priority then I'd have preferred to get a training top or other merch instead.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, August 1, 2022, 5:49pm; Reply: 6
What are the odds on it getting to general sale? I've never had to worry about this before.
Posted by: HerveJosse, August 1, 2022, 5:52pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from horsforthmariner
What are the odds on it getting to general sale? I've never had to worry about this before.

Good
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 1, 2022, 7:35pm; Reply: 8
Think that's the initial allocation.  The away end holds 3,500
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, August 1, 2022, 7:37pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from horsforthmariner

Another trainless day - very good I'd say.

Posted by: grimps, August 1, 2022, 7:47pm; Reply: 10
There will be plenty of tickets for this one as they have a big away end .
It would be nice to take 3000
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 1, 2022, 7:48pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Another trainless day - very good I'd say.

Aslef strike, does that effect TPE? I'm on Northern that day so also should be alright.
Posted by: lukeo, August 1, 2022, 9:09pm; Reply: 12
Away supporters are housed on one side of the Willbutts Lane Stand, where around 1,500 fans can be housed. If demand requires it, then the whole of this stand can be given to visiting fans increasing the allocation to 3,650. The stand is normally shared with home supporters with away fans being seated towards the Sandy Lane End.
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 2, 2022, 9:05am; Reply: 13
Not great memories of Rochdale, last time I went we got gubbed 4-0 - I think it was the year they got promoted for the first time ever :D
Posted by: LH, August 2, 2022, 9:41am; Reply: 14
Got my ticket. First proper away day since Scunny which surprisingly doesn’t feel that long ago. The first of a few I hope this season.  :)
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, August 2, 2022, 9:52am; Reply: 15
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Aslef strike, does that effect TPE? I'm on Northern that day so also should be alright.

RMT that day - fecks up all lines. Tram will be running.
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, August 2, 2022, 9:54am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln
Not great memories of Rochdale, last time I went we got gubbed 4-0 - I think it was the year they got promoted for the first time ever :D

Happier times at Spotland..

https://youtu.be/UbjBzD6FLaw
Posted by: Hagrid, August 2, 2022, 9:59am; Reply: 17
Tickets bought

Remember going to rochdale a couple of times, one was under Slade we drew 2-2, bolland scored and i think we conceeded very late on

and then the 4-1 when the club put on coaches. relegation season
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 2, 2022, 10:22am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

RMT that day - fecks up all lines. Tram will be running.

Nope, RMT are striking August 18 and 20. On August 13 ASLEF train drivers at nine TOCs are on strike (Avanti West Coast, Arriva Rail London, Cross Country, Great Western, LNER, Greater Anglia, Southeastern, Hull Trains, West Midlands Trains), but TPE, EMR and Northern aren't involved, so in theory there should be minimal disruption if you want to take the train to Rochdale for the match.
Posted by: grimps, August 2, 2022, 11:16am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Peeler_Crab

Happier times at Spotland..

https://youtu.be/UbjBzD6FLaw

That was a great away day even though our coach broke down on the way there then the replacement had its tyres slashed before we set off on the way back 😂
That game was when I knew we was gonna go up that season
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, August 2, 2022, 11:23am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Chrisblor

Nope, RMT are striking August 18 and 20. On August 13 ASLEF train drivers at nine TOCs are on strike (Avanti West Coast, Arriva Rail London, Cross Country, Great Western, LNER, Greater Anglia, Southeastern, Hull Trains, West Midlands Trains), but TPE, EMR and Northern aren't involved, so in theory there should be minimal disruption if you want to take the train to Rochdale for the match.

Ah - good, I'd got them mixed up - EMR from Nottm then tram.

Posted by: marinerjase, August 2, 2022, 11:27am; Reply: 21
Although TPE would have trouble running a bath, never mind trains. Not the most reliable.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 2, 2022, 11:38am; Reply: 22
Willbuts Lane Traditional Fish And Chip Shop still directly opposite away turn style.
Not Grimsby but voted in top 10 in Greater Manchester.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.6214022,-2.1797772,3a,75y,338.33h,91.53t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sq6YHAsfGejvVexu7io5ZsQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Not sure if they do haddock, if not someone should contact them to get some in. Come on you fish merchant/sellers, contact them and do a deal.
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 2, 2022, 2:45pm; Reply: 23

Yeah, we beat them at being fans though. Remember they were singing about going up to which we responded with "40 YEARS...IS ALL IT TOOK...40 YEARS IS ALL IT TOOK" on a loop, they sat down pretty sheepishly and barely made a peep all match after that. Think it was 4-1 though?

Re allocation: I thought the away end had changed since we last went there? Used to be down the side hence getting 3/4k but pretty sure it's behind the goal now? Could be wrong though.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 2, 2022, 3:57pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Hagrid
Tickets bought

Remember going to rochdale a couple of times, one was under Slade we drew 2-2, bolland scored and i think we conceeded very late on

Killed our form that late Lambert goal. No needless injury time substitution and we go up automatically.

Probably.
Posted by: RonMariner, August 2, 2022, 4:30pm; Reply: 25

I remember going in 1979 when we won 5-2 and the crowd changed ends at half time!
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 2, 2022, 4:39pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yeah, we beat them at being fans though. Remember they were singing about going up to which we responded with "40 YEARS...IS ALL IT TOOK...40 YEARS IS ALL IT TOOK" on a loop, they sat down pretty sheepishly and barely made a peep all match after that. Think it was 4-1 though?

Re allocation: I thought the away end had changed since we last went there? Used to be down the side hence getting 3/4k but pretty sure it's behind the goal now? Could be wrong though.

That's the one, yeah  ;D

My memory isn't what it was  ??)
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 2, 2022, 4:40pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from RonMariner

I remember going in 1979 when we won 5-2 and the crowd changed ends at half time!

Blimey haha
Posted by: wuffing, August 2, 2022, 5:58pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from RonMariner

Tuesday night Ron. 2-0 down after 20 minutes too!
Posted by: mimma, August 2, 2022, 7:28pm; Reply: 29
I was there! A rare goal from Bobby Mitchell. As mentioned we were 2 down after 20 minutes.
We went in the home stand to stay out of trouble only to find it was occupied by the Rochdale idiots baiting the Town fans behind the goal.
Posted by: Youngy, August 2, 2022, 7:32pm; Reply: 30
Looking forward to this one, same day as Rochdale Feelgood Festival, Fratelis headlining and just £8 to get in. Going to stay over and make a weekend of it. UTM
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 2, 2022, 8:10pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Son of Cod

Away fans have had the side stand opposite the main stand for years.

Packed full of Crewe fans last Saturday.

I remember a snowy Tuesday night there.
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 2, 2022, 8:16pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from arryarryarry

Yeah I've been in that stand a couple of times but I'm sure I saw away fans behind the goal last season on goal highlights.
Posted by: barralad, August 2, 2022, 11:12pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from arryarryarry

My 21st birthday March 79. Won 5-2?
Posted by: soccerexpress fc, August 3, 2022, 9:40am; Reply: 34
Coach Travel  to the Rochdale game Only £22
Only £15 if you went to the Play off Finall with us
Rail Strike  again
Booking now on 0333 444 0226
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 3, 2022, 9:46am; Reply: 35
Quoted from soccerexpress fc
Rail Strike  again

No, there is not a rail strike affecting any train companies providing services between Cleethorpes and Rochdale on August 13th. False advertising.
Posted by: ska face, August 3, 2022, 10:13am; Reply: 36
Quoted from soccerexpress fc
Rail Strike  again

You cancelled the coach to Orient & left people in the lurch. Would not trust these cowboys.
Posted by: toontown, August 3, 2022, 12:25pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from ska face

You cancelled the coach to Orient & left people in the lurch. Would not trust these cowboys.

To  be fair they've always been fine for me when booking with them.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 3, 2022, 2:54pm; Reply: 38
Hotel booked for a Manchester weekend.
Looking at £53 train return ( out Friday back Sunday. ).
As the old saying goes.
Win or lose, we’re on the booze’. Let’s hope it’s celebration, not commiseration.

UTM
Posted by: Belfast Town, August 4, 2022, 7:05am; Reply: 39
My first ever trip to Rochdale:
-flights booked
-hotel booked
-tickets booked
-train tickets to Cleethorpes for Carlisle at home on Tuesday booked

Can’t wait!
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 4, 2022, 8:07am; Reply: 40
Fantastic balti pies crusty will be in his element
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 4, 2022, 10:47am; Reply: 41
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Fantastic balti pies crusty will be in his element

Will you have room after woofing down Fish & chips? ;D

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 4, 2022, 11:53am; Reply: 42
Any updates on how many we’ve sold ?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, August 4, 2022, 11:59am; Reply: 43
Which is best chippy in Rochdale. I’ve heard the Eskdale is good
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 4, 2022, 12:10pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Which is best chippy in Rochdale. I’ve heard the Eskdale is good

I'm going back to the 90's here but there used to be a brilliant one right opposite the away end turnstiles. Whether it's still there today though I don't know.
Posted by: AussieMariner, August 4, 2022, 1:01pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Les Brechin

I'm going back to the 90's here but there used to be a brilliant one right opposite the away end turnstiles. Whether it's still there today though I don't know.

Google Maps is showing a Willbutts Lane Chippy there so I reckon it is
Posted by: GYinScuntland, August 4, 2022, 11:59pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from ska face

It's hard being a cowboy in Rochdale though.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 5, 2022, 8:52am; Reply: 47
Quoted from GYinScuntland

It's hard being a cowboy in Rochdale though.

Great reference,just makes me feel v old
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 5, 2022, 9:27am; Reply: 48
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Great reference,just makes me feel v old

I don't get it, does that make me a young whipper snapper?  :X
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 5, 2022, 11:30am; Reply: 49
Just bought mine. £27.50 (including booking fee and delivery) for this one. Scandalous price for L2 football. Better hope this train strike doesn't screw me over.
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 5, 2022, 3:16pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Son of Cod
Just bought mine. £27.50 (including booking fee and delivery) for this one. Scandalous price for L2 football. Better hope this train strike doesn't screw me over.

You could have picked it up at the Northampton game tbf (assuming you're going of course).

But yeah, it is a bit on the steep side of vertical.

Posted by: Son of Cod, August 5, 2022, 5:41pm; Reply: 51

You could have picked it up at the Northampton game tbf (assuming you're going of course).

But yeah, it is a bit on the steep side of vertical.

I'm on holiday in France mate, back on Monday.

LNER are only running one train up to Leeds from London(in the evening) and one the other way (first thing in the morning), so that's a fat lot of good for me. Having to book an Airbnb for two nights and travel up on Friday and back on Sunday now for this. Am I heckers like staying in Rochdale though, so will be in Todmorden.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, August 5, 2022, 5:49pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Son of Cod

I'm on holiday in France mate, back on Monday.

LNER are only running one train up to Leeds from London(in the evening) and one the other way (first thing in the morning), so that's a fat lot of good for me. Having to book an Airbnb for two nights and travel up on Friday and back on Sunday now for this. Am I heckers like staying in Rochdale though, so will be in Todmorden.

Will you be walking from station to the footy? Any good places to stop on the way for a pint?

Posted by: Son of Cod, August 5, 2022, 5:53pm; Reply: 53

Will you be walking from station to the footy? Any good places to stop on the way for a pint?

From Rochdale station? Or Tod? I'm bloody hoping there's trains from Tod to Rochdale! Both times I've been to Rochdale I've hardly had much time, so just took whatever pubs I could find. Remember it being a fair walk though. Both times were pre-smart phones for me though and remember having directions printed out, so I'm not the best for recommendations really but if anyone else on here has any let us know? I'll be flying solo so any Town fans (either those I've met or haven't met before) wanting a pint at some point in the day let me know.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, August 5, 2022, 6:35pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Son of Cod

From Rochdale station? Or Tod? I'm bloody hoping there's trains from Tod to Rochdale! Both times I've been to Rochdale I've hardly had much time, so just took whatever pubs I could find. Remember it being a fair walk though. Both times were pre-smart phones for me though and remember having directions printed out, so I'm not the best for recommendations really but if anyone else on here has any let us know? I'll be flying solo so any Town fans (either those I've met or haven't met before) wanting a pint at some point in the day let me know.

Debating whether to use train from ilkley or drive. Either way hope for a good day out.  I’m told it’s over 2 miles from Rochdale station to the ground……uphill…..
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, August 5, 2022, 6:48pm; Reply: 55

Debating whether to use train from ilkley or drive. Either way hope for a good day out.  I’m told it’s over 2 miles from Rochdale station to the ground……uphill…..

Just less than 2 miles. I wouldn’t describe it as uphill, if you walk past the Asda.

If you head SW to (what used to be known as) Tesco Roundabout, and then head north up the north face of Roch Valley Way (past the sewage plant), it’s pretty steep up to The Cemetery Hotel (pub).
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, August 5, 2022, 6:53pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Son of Cod

There’s a couple of decent micropubs in the town centre. The best larger pubs are probably The Baum and The Flying Horse Hotel.

My wife’s from Bury and has never let me go in The Cemetery Hotel near the (Rochdale) ground.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 5, 2022, 7:59pm; Reply: 57

I don't get it, does that make me a young whipper snapper?  :X

Mike Harding, The Rochdale Cowboy.

Met him in a pub in Manchester many moons ago and he was a gent.
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 5, 2022, 11:19pm; Reply: 58
There’s been no statement as regards how many we’ve sold. Has anyone asked on the phone or when they’ve been to collect them? I suspect the rail strike and £24 a throw has put a not insignificant number of people off.
Posted by: Youngy, August 6, 2022, 1:14am; Reply: 59
Quoted from Mariner_09
There’s been no statement as regards how many we’ve sold. Has anyone asked on the phone or when they’ve been to collect them? I suspect the rail strike and £24 a throw has put a not insignificant number of people off.

When I got my tickets Wednesday they were at around the 650 mark.
Posted by: Youngy, August 6, 2022, 1:16am; Reply: 60
For anybody staying over, the Rochdale Feel Good festival is taking place on the same day. Similar to what Tramlines used to be in Sheffield, several pubs have DJ's, music and comedians on with a main outdoor venue at Rochdale College. Fratelli's headlining the outdoor stage and it's a grand cost of £8 a ticket. Also finishes in time for the last train back to Manchester.

https://www.rochdale.gov.uk/rochdale-feel-good-festival
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 6, 2022, 1:22pm; Reply: 61

There’s a couple of decent micropubs in the town centre. The best larger pubs are probably The Baum and The Flying Horse Hotel.

My wife’s from Bury and has never let me go in The Cemetery Hotel near the (Rochdale) ground.

Ah nice cheers for that. Any idea what the micropubs are called? I might head to Vocation in Hebden Bridge for a few and then onto Rochdale from there maybe.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, August 6, 2022, 8:47pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Son of Cod

Ah nice cheers for that. Any idea what the micropubs are called? I might head to Vocation in Hebden Bridge for a few and then onto Rochdale from there maybe.

The Pint Pot & D’Ale House.

D’Ale House looks a cross between a brothel and a vape shop from the outside.
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 9, 2022, 11:17am; Reply: 63
On reflection, I can't really justify the expense of making this into a full weekend away so if anyone is driving up and down from London and wants some company/petrol money then please let me know.

Otherwise, if anyone needs a ticket then PM me. I'll send you mine recorded delivery for £20 so you'd be getting it cheaper than face value and with free delivery.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 10, 2022, 10:05am; Reply: 64
Only 950 tickets sold, surprised we haven't shifted more. Last night should make a few minds up
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, August 10, 2022, 10:15am; Reply: 65
I wonder if a consequence of the amazing season ticket sales might be that away followings will reduce? I would have gone to Leyton Orient last season but couldn't justify that and Rochdale after forking out for season tickets. So picked Rochdale but have the opening game a miss.
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 10, 2022, 10:17am; Reply: 66
Probably the cost of living biting, lots of people having shelled out on ST, probably just been on holiday or going on holiday or even away on holiday. That and it being £24 a throw plus the rail strike probably means it’ll knock a good few hundred off what it could be.

Saturday is a game we really need to winning, I’m a tad apprehensive given how poorly they’ve started the season but we need to start winning games in the league sooner rather than later.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 10, 2022, 10:28am; Reply: 67
I imagined the first two away games to sell out and whilst Orient eventually did, tickets weren’t too hard to come by.

Rochdale, although not far is still an expensive day out. At its cheapest for a dad and lad it’s £31 just for tickets, at its most expensive it’s £38. Then include fuel money, food and drink and it’s the best part of 80/90 quid. People simply don’t have the cash.

Then factor in that folk are on holiday and kids are off so again, they’ll allocate money to family days out etc or might not even be here to attend.

I wonder, if Rochdale had been mid October if we’d have seen the tickets snapped up much quicker?

I mean we laughed at scunny cancelling a bus but we’d have to admit, we all assumed tickets for Rochdale would’ve smashed 1000 easy.

Fact is, there’s various reasons for the slow uptake on tickets and I suspect across many of the divisions teams are seeing the same. Sadly, whilst we all love our clubs, I suspect we also prefer to feed our kids and heat our homes…that electricity and gas stuff is significantly more important than Rochdale v Grimsby at Spotland, or whatever name they’re calling it now.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, August 10, 2022, 10:35am; Reply: 68
Quoted from aldi_01
Sadly, whilst we all love our clubs, I suspect we also prefer to feed our kids and heat our homes…that electricity and gas stuff is significantly more important than Rochdale v Grimsby at Spotland, or whatever name they’re calling it now.

Crown Oil Arena - ironically, given your post  :)
Posted by: aldi_01, August 10, 2022, 10:50am; Reply: 69

Crown Oil Arena - ironically, given your post  :)

😂😂🙈
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 10, 2022, 10:52am; Reply: 70
The train strikes have obviously played a part, there'll be nobody coming at all hardly from down London/South East way. Like I said further up, I've got a ticket and won't be coming now unfortunately. A lot of away attendances will be down this weekend I think.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, August 10, 2022, 10:56am; Reply: 71
I expect we’ll get to about 1200 - as per Stockport and Alty last season - albeit those were Tuesday nights. I expected a lot more but Gy is a low income town, there is a financial whirlwind coming and people will be battening down the hatches.

In terms of disposable income, it’s better that it’s spent at Blundell Park.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, August 10, 2022, 10:59am; Reply: 72

All the ladies are smokin'.....

Add in a pub called The Cemetery Hotel and you have the set of a David Lynch movie.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, August 10, 2022, 11:08am; Reply: 73
Cost of living is definitely a big factor plus the option to watch it on ifollow is there now.. even if you have to find ways around the system to see it in this country..
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 10, 2022, 11:38am; Reply: 74
Quoted from aldi_01
I imagined the first two away games to sell out and whilst Orient eventually did, tickets weren’t too hard to come by.

Rochdale, although not far is still an expensive day out. At its cheapest for a dad and lad it’s £31 just for tickets, at its most expensive it’s £38. Then include fuel money, food and drink and it’s the best part of 80/90 quid. People simply don’t have the cash.

Then factor in that folk are on holiday and kids are off so again, they’ll allocate money to family days out etc or might not even be here to attend.

I wonder, if Rochdale had been mid October if we’d have seen the tickets snapped up much quicker?

I mean we laughed at scunny cancelling a bus but we’d have to admit, we all assumed tickets for Rochdale would’ve smashed 1000 easy.

Fact is, there’s various reasons for the slow uptake on tickets and I suspect across many of the divisions teams are seeing the same. Sadly, whilst we all love our clubs, I suspect we also prefer to feed our kids and heat our homes…that electricity and gas stuff is significantly more important than Rochdale v Grimsby at Spotland, or whatever name they’re calling it now.

There is a cap of £30 max for away tickets in Premier League, the EFL should do the same, £25 in Championship and £20 in Leagues 1 & 2. (Half price for concessions)

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, August 10, 2022, 11:49am; Reply: 75
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

There is a cap of £30 max for away tickets in Premier League, the EFL should do the same, £25 in Championship and £20 in Leagues 1 & 2. (Half price for concessions)

This may well be true (I have no idea) but I'm struggling to see the Premier League as a shining beacon of equity and fairness for fans.
Posted by: thornemariner, August 10, 2022, 11:52am; Reply: 76
Quoted from aldi_01

I always thought that uptake on tickets might be slower than anticipated and while rail strikes aren't helping, I imagine the cost of living is having an effect. Living out of town and not certain of a lift back, I gave last night a miss. Gutted to miss such a good performance but the cost of the ticket was also a factor.

While I get to a good number of away games, paying £24 (plus £1 booking fee) for a Rochdale ticket would have stuck in the craw. I'm skipping some Brentford home games in favour of watching Town away but not on this occasion. Home to Man Utd this Saturday. Average cost of a home game with a ST is £26.50 which puts some EFL pricing into perspective.

Posted by: Mendonca1995, August 10, 2022, 8:15pm; Reply: 77
2 tickets bought today for me and the daughter think there was over 1000 that had been snapped up so far 🙌
Posted by: PrestwichMariner, August 10, 2022, 8:30pm; Reply: 78
Mine arrived yesterday
Posted by: petethemariner, August 10, 2022, 11:29pm; Reply: 79
I reckon 1000+ fans for a Div 2 game 140+ miles away is superb tbh,  many   Div 1 clubs and a few championship clubs would struggle to achieve that.
Posted by: Norseman, August 11, 2022, 12:00am; Reply: 80
Quoted from Mariner_09
Probably the cost of living biting, lots of people having shelled out on ST, probably just been on holiday or going on holiday or even away on holiday. That and it being £24 a throw plus the rail strike probably means it’ll knock a good few hundred off what it could be.

Saturday is a game we really need to winning, I’m a tad apprehensive given how poorly they’ve started the season but we need to start winning games in the league sooner rather than later.

,"How poorly we have started the season" .We lost at Orient who have won both games .We played 1 of the favourites Northampton off the park on Saturday and only got a point .Then wallop Crewe last night .How is that starting the league poorly. We are 2 league games in
Posted by: Poojah, August 11, 2022, 1:13am; Reply: 81
Quoted from Norseman

,"How poorly we have started the season" .We lost at Orient who have won both games .We played 1 of the favourites Northampton off the park on Saturday and only got a point .Then wallop Crewe last night .How is that starting the league poorly. We are 2 league games in

“They”, as in Rochdale, I assume.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 11, 2022, 6:08am; Reply: 82
If people think we’ve had a poor start after playing an alleged favourite off the park and being unlucky to get only a point the lm we better give up.

However much Crewe were changed, we dominated, completely. Whoever you’re playing, that’s not easy to do.

In truth, I don’t believe the way we’ve played has anything to do with ticket sales and all to do with cost of living and people prioritising where to spend their money.

That’s said, mocking scunny for cancelling a bus to an away game in Woking on a Tuesday is crass.

We’ve now 3 home games on the spin because of the cup draw, a game STH have to pay for too, whilst good for the club, if you were unsure about Rochdale, money being tight, I know which most will choose to go to.
Posted by: Deckhand, August 11, 2022, 6:09am; Reply: 83
Quoted from Youngy
For anybody staying over, the Rochdale Feel Good festival is taking place on the same day. Similar to what Tramlines used to be in Sheffield, several pubs have DJ's, music and comedians on with a main outdoor venue at Rochdale College. Fratelli's headlining the outdoor stage and it's a grand cost of £8 a ticket. Also finishes in time for the last train back to Manchester.

https://www.rochdale.gov.uk/rochdale-feel-good-festival

I'll give it a very wide bearth

Posted by: Davec, August 11, 2022, 6:35am; Reply: 84
Public transport on Saturday is a joke aswell.

Trains on strike

Whilst TPE are not on strike, TPE are in a state of total disarray currently and are prone to cancelling many trains on all routes, including between Grimsby and Manchester and at times they leave over 2 hour gaps between services.

Not only that It is then a 30 Min tram journey from Manchester to Rochdale and then 30 min walk from the tramp stop to the ground.

So whilst it is commutable, the state public transport is in, some people will be put off.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 11, 2022, 6:56am; Reply: 85
Quoted from thornemariner

. Home to Man Utd this Saturday. Average cost of a home game with a ST is £26.50 which puts some EFL pricing into perspective.

Perspective, is the amount they (premier league teams) get from tv revenue, sponsorship, shirt sales etc etc
Posted by: aldi_01, August 11, 2022, 7:05am; Reply: 86
Whilst the £24 ticket will put some off, even at £15 I’m still convinced we’d have seen them fly out the shop, and now with an additional, big home game making it 3 on the spin, people will prioritise.

It’s a combination of things but the team itself shouldn’t even be a consideration, if it is then I’d suspect those fans were drifters anyway…
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 11, 2022, 8:31am; Reply: 87
I went last time we played them away and tend to go to games in that area but simply don't have the spare cash any more my household bills have gone up by nearly 100 quid a week in the last year and income by about 5 quid 😢😢😢
Posted by: ska face, August 11, 2022, 8:50am; Reply: 88
Same, I’m on the bones of my bottom at the minute and it’s only going to get worse come October. Christ knows what the situation will look like in January.
Posted by: Ashby mariner, August 11, 2022, 9:48am; Reply: 89
Does anyone know if it's pay in the day?
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 11, 2022, 9:57am; Reply: 90
A Rochdale fan on another forum I go on has just posted this regarding this weekend...

Quoted Text
I've just had a scan of your forum and saw some fans planning to get the tram from Manchester to Rochdale (assuming they think there is a problem with the trains?). Don't do that. There's no strike on Northern Rail and the train from victoria takes about ten mins versus 45min+ on the tram. Also the added bonus of avoiding a non league flashback on a trip through Oldham if you dont get the tram.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 11, 2022, 10:00am; Reply: 91
Quoted from Ashby mariner
Does anyone know if it's pay in the day?

2,000 + away stand, so probably yes.

Posted by: Mariner_09, August 11, 2022, 10:11am; Reply: 92
Quoted from Norseman

I perhaps wasn’t clear. What I meant is, they’re searching for their first point of the season, always feel like an accident waiting happen these sorts of games. Wasn’t in reference to the attendance.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 11, 2022, 11:10am; Reply: 93
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

2,000 + away stand, so probably yes.

[tweet]1557667423582568450[/tweet]

So yes.
Posted by: thornemariner, August 11, 2022, 11:40am; Reply: 94
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Perspective, is the amount they (premier league teams) get from tv revenue, sponsorship, shirt sales etc etc

There is that but then there are the added costs of being in the PL such as transfers and pay.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not an apologist for the PL but I've been surprised for many years at pricing strategies at some EFL clubs. I believe Rochdale was £20 when we played there in 2010 and Stockport were charging just below that fifteen years ago when several Championship clubs were charging much less. Oldham cost £23 at about the same time. I wonder if the fall in their support was linked to their pricing.

As for the NL and the prices for frequently shoddy facilities......
Posted by: MarinerDevil, August 11, 2022, 6:31pm; Reply: 95
Pre-match interview, seems like they're being made available for free on YouTube again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfiyFIggWdE
Posted by: Norseman, August 11, 2022, 11:34pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from Mariner_09

I perhaps wasn’t clear. What I meant is, they’re searching for their first point of the season, always feel like an accident waiting happen these sorts of games. Wasn’t in reference to the attendance.

I read it as you referring to town starting the season poorly
Posted by: Mariner56, August 12, 2022, 7:47am; Reply: 97
https://youtu.be/JD27lP3Rl78

Robbie Stockdale pre match interview.
Good guy who speaks well of his time here at Town.
Posted by: Wiley2405, August 12, 2022, 12:16pm; Reply: 98
Anyone know what parking is like around the area? Still having nightmares from leyton orient
Posted by: thefish, August 12, 2022, 2:32pm; Reply: 99
I’m looking forward to our day out tomorrow- just look out for ‘breathing’ teddy bears!

[url]https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-62492067[/url]
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 12, 2022, 3:14pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from Wiley2405
Anyone know what parking is like around the area? Still having nightmares from leyton orient

Street parking afaik.  

Where did you park at Orient?  We parked in Epping and tubed in.  Definitely the way forward for any London games.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 12, 2022, 3:47pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from Wiley2405

Whilst they’ve now made it permit parking near orient, I still got a couple of streets away. Parked closer than I go at BP…
Posted by: Wiley2405, August 12, 2022, 3:51pm; Reply: 102

Street parking afaik.  

Where did you park at Orient?  We parked in Epping and tubed in.  Definitely the way forward for any London games.

Wayfield shopping centre or something half hour away from the ground was a nightmare
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 12, 2022, 5:05pm; Reply: 103

We’re off to D’ale house then the spoons, gonna drop some CAMRA flyers. 😉
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 12, 2022, 5:13pm; Reply: 104
How many have we sold ? Hopefully 1200 ish
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 12, 2022, 5:29pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
How many have we sold ? Hopefully 1200 ish

950 was the last figure I saw.  Wit it being pay on the day, that should encourage a few more hopefully.
Posted by: AndyGTFC, August 12, 2022, 8:48pm; Reply: 106
Trains cancelled left, right and centre to and from Manchester due to the strikes BTW.

I mean Transpennine are unreliable at the best of times these days so was probably always going to happen but last train direct back to Grimsby is 6:18pm for those travelling.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 12, 2022, 9:27pm; Reply: 107
TPE are flipping girl privates. Luckily my train is not cancelled
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 13, 2022, 9:16am; Reply: 108
Quoted from headingly_mariner
TPE are flipping girl privates. Luckily my train is not cancelled

Total Pisstaking Embarrasment
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 13, 2022, 9:23am; Reply: 109
Quoted from Les Brechin

Total Pisstaking Embarrasment

It's disgusting. They'll have sold loads of tickets as well. They should be putting coaches on to Donny.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 12:10am