August 5, 2022, 3:16pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +352
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Son of Cod
Just bought mine. £27.50 (including booking fee and delivery) for this one. Scandalous price for L2 football. Better hope this train strike doesn't screw me over.

You could have picked it up at the Northampton game tbf (assuming you're going of course).

But yeah, it is a bit on the steep side of vertical.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 109
Son of Cod
August 5, 2022, 5:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

You could have picked it up at the Northampton game tbf (assuming you're going of course).

But yeah, it is a bit on the steep side of vertical.

I'm on holiday in France mate, back on Monday.

LNER are only running one train up to Leeds from London(in the evening) and one the other way (first thing in the morning), so that's a fat lot of good for me. Having to book an Airbnb for two nights and travel up on Friday and back on Sunday now for this. Am I heckers like staying in Rochdale though, so will be in Todmorden.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 109
IlkleyMariner
August 5, 2022, 5:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,984
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Son of Cod

I'm on holiday in France mate, back on Monday.

LNER are only running one train up to Leeds from London(in the evening) and one the other way (first thing in the morning), so that's a fat lot of good for me. Having to book an Airbnb for two nights and travel up on Friday and back on Sunday now for this. Am I heckers like staying in Rochdale though, so will be in Todmorden.

Will you be walking from station to the footy? Any good places to stop on the way for a pint?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 109
Son of Cod
August 5, 2022, 5:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Will you be walking from station to the footy? Any good places to stop on the way for a pint?

From Rochdale station? Or Tod? I'm bloody hoping there's trains from Tod to Rochdale! Both times I've been to Rochdale I've hardly had much time, so just took whatever pubs I could find. Remember it being a fair walk though. Both times were pre-smart phones for me though and remember having directions printed out, so I'm not the best for recommendations really but if anyone else on here has any let us know? I'll be flying solo so any Town fans (either those I've met or haven't met before) wanting a pint at some point in the day let me know.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 109
IlkleyMariner
August 5, 2022, 6:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,984
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Son of Cod

From Rochdale station? Or Tod? I'm bloody hoping there's trains from Tod to Rochdale! Both times I've been to Rochdale I've hardly had much time, so just took whatever pubs I could find. Remember it being a fair walk though. Both times were pre-smart phones for me though and remember having directions printed out, so I'm not the best for recommendations really but if anyone else on here has any let us know? I'll be flying solo so any Town fans (either those I've met or haven't met before) wanting a pint at some point in the day let me know.

Debating whether to use train from ilkley or drive. Either way hope for a good day out.  I’m told it’s over 2 miles from Rochdale station to the ground……uphill…..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 109
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 5, 2022, 6:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Debating whether to use train from ilkley or drive. Either way hope for a good day out.  I’m told it’s over 2 miles from Rochdale station to the ground……uphill…..

Just less than 2 miles. I wouldn’t describe it as uphill, if you walk past the Asda.

If you head SW to (what used to be known as) Tesco Roundabout, and then head north up the north face of Roch Valley Way (past the sewage plant), it’s pretty steep up to The Cemetery Hotel (pub).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 109
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 5, 2022, 6:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from Son of Cod

There’s a couple of decent micropubs in the town centre. The best larger pubs are probably The Baum and The Flying Horse Hotel.

My wife’s from Bury and has never let me go in The Cemetery Hotel near the (Rochdale) ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 109
ginnywings
August 5, 2022, 7:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

I don't get it, does that make me a young whipper snapper?  

Mike Harding, The Rochdale Cowboy.

Met him in a pub in Manchester many moons ago and he was a gent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 109
Mariner_09
August 5, 2022, 11:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
There’s been no statement as regards how many we’ve sold. Has anyone asked on the phone or when they’ve been to collect them? I suspect the rail strike and £24 a throw has put a not insignificant number of people off.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 109
Youngy
August 6, 2022, 1:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Mariner_09
There’s been no statement as regards how many we’ve sold. Has anyone asked on the phone or when they’ve been to collect them? I suspect the rail strike and £24 a throw has put a not insignificant number of people off.

When I got my tickets Wednesday they were at around the 650 mark.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rochdale

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.