5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Brazilnut
January 28, 2022, 1:19pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
This habit  of when a team has a corner  of placing the ball with just a millimetre over hanging the white line .....are todays Premiership players and all professional players incapable of kicking the ball that extra 3 inches that would be required if they actually placed the ball inside the quadrant .

I would love for Town to announce that  as a team we will always place the ball inside the quadrant because our players can kick it that far ......would set a good example to the kids  

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
January 28, 2022, 1:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
Quoted from Brazilnut
This habit  of when a team has a corner  of placing the ball with just a millimetre over hanging the white line .....are todays Premiership players and all professional players incapable of kicking the ball that extra 3 inches that would be required if they actually placed the ball inside the quadrant .

I would love for Town to announce that  as a team we will always place the ball inside the quadrant because our players can kick it that far ......would set a good example to the kids  

Agreed. I think this would solve literally all of our problems.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
moosey_club
January 28, 2022, 1:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Marginal gains and all that.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 47
diehardmariner
January 28, 2022, 1:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Quoted from Brazilnut

At the expense of a new striker?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
Madeleymariner
January 28, 2022, 2:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Dont get me going with these things. Why are players allowed to take throw ins that went out by the corner flag (att and def) up to 15 yrds away. What happened to bookings for players stopping free kicks being taken quickly someone always runs to where the ball is waits 5 secs then slowly walk away backwards  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
blundellpork
January 28, 2022, 2:02pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,645
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Dont get me going with these things. Why are players allowed to take throw ins that went out by the corner flag (att and def) up to 15 yrds away. What happened to bookings for players stopping free kicks being taken quickly someone always runs to where the ball is waits 5 secs then slowly walk away backwards  

Agree with you on both posts. Honesty and integrity have gradually eroded in order to gain the most imperceptible advantage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
crusty ole pie
January 28, 2022, 2:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,311
Gold Stars: 62
And the squealing like a baby with the slightest of touch to get the refs attention if Bobby c was still playing they would know what a tackle was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
pen penfras
January 28, 2022, 2:18pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Brazilnut

According to the rules of the game, the ball is in the quadrant, so don't really understand your rant. It's stupid and an imperceivable advantage, but it doesn't slow down the game and isn't cheating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
Les Brechin
January 28, 2022, 2:18pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Talking of little things that annoy you.

Why do football commentators use the word "same", as in "they both went for the same ball.

There is only one bloody ball, why not just say "they both went for the ball"

What does the word "same" add to that?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
pen penfras
January 28, 2022, 2:20pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Les Brechin
Talking of little things that annoy you.

Why do football commentators use the word "same", as in "they both went for the same ball.

There is only one bloody ball, why not just say "they both went for the ball"

What does the word "same" add to that?

The word ball doesn't just refer to the sack of air that gets kicked around. It is also a term used for a pass ie "what a ball that was", so in that case, they're both going after the same pass that is with the only ball on the pitch  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boils my P1ss

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.