Mayaman
January 28, 2022, 3:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from mimma
Stopping a player from taking a free kick is my biggest bugbear. As mentioned, players deliberately run up and stand in front of the ball to stop a free kick from being taken quickly, thereby slowing the game down. They were supposed to have clamped down on it but it has slowly stopped.

Another one that they introduced to speed up the game was to make keepers release the ball quickly instead of taking their time before releasing it. Again it allows teams to slow the game down to their advantage.

But can't they just hit it against the player and as it is no ten yards, the opposition player will be penalised?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
LondonMariner43
January 28, 2022, 3:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,942
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Brazilnut
This habit  of when a team has a corner  of placing the ball with just a millimetre over hanging the white line .....are todays Premiership players and all professional players incapable of kicking the ball that extra 3 inches that would be required if they actually placed the ball inside the quadrant .

I would love for Town to announce that  as a team we will always place the ball inside the quadrant because our players can kick it that far ......would set a good example to the kids  

I’m often linesman in U18s Sunday League football and the lads do the same thing.  Never see the point - it’s not like any of them are good enough for a few inches to make a difference
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
promotion plaice
January 28, 2022, 3:55pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Goalies catching the ball and then falling to the ground to waste time....Grrr

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
Brazilnut
January 28, 2022, 3:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from pen penfras

According to the rules of the game, the ball is in the quadrant, so don't really understand your rant. It's stupid and an imperceivable advantage, but it doesn't slow down the game and isn't cheating.

Totally agree with you Pen it is within the rules .....I just think it has become more obvious since the introduction of goal line technology when a Nano hairs breath of leather is still over the back part of line means it isnt a goal means they can place the equivalent Nano over the leading edge of the quadrant .....put it is placed with such care like the player thinks if he places it a tad too close to the corner he wont be able to kick it into the area ......and think it would set a better example to the kids if the game was played with a little bit more integrity...... .also  annoys me when they never beat the first defender from a corner ......jeeeeas they are paid enough to kick the ball hard and high enough

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
ivanosandwich
January 28, 2022, 4:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 16
Two things get me.

1. When the keeper has ball in hand, he takes an age to get rid of it. I thought a rule was brought in a year or so ago giving them 5 seconds.

2. Players that are only slightly injured just sitting down to stop the play. Worse than that is when the ref calls on the physio. If they are injured, make them walk off and receive treatment on the touchline so the game can continue.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
crusty ole pie
January 28, 2022, 5:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
The thing that really pisses me off is when we don’t get the ball in the onion sack
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
golfer
January 28, 2022, 5:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
ALSO - why doesn't the linesman stick his flag up when the goalkeeper kicks the ball out of his hands 2-3 yards out of the penalty area
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
lukeo
January 28, 2022, 6:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
I hate it when teams are rewarded a free kick and place the ball down 10+ yards further up field. Played against Bridgwater on Saturday and they did it EVERY time! It got to the point where they almost took an indirect free kick for offside in their own half!
We beat them 3-2 😝
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
goldenfish
January 28, 2022, 6:19pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +212
Gold Stars: 16
Can’t say I’ve given it a seconds thought !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
moosey_club
January 28, 2022, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
To summarise the thread so far for anyone catching up....

We all hate the little things the opposition do to gain an advantage when they beat us...but I believe if we were winning using the same then it wouldn't be an issue 😀

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boils my P1ss

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.