TAGG
January 24, 2022, 5:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,970
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from oochiad

If you don’t go to the matches then I can understand if you can’t tell, if you do go then it’s pointless having a conversation with you about it.

Ye ST holders
My opinion.
Who are you, the reincarnation of Brian Clough??

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 24, 2022, 5:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from TAGG

Ye ST holders
My opinion.
Who are you, the reincarnation of Brian Clough??

I made exactly the same point as you in the “Just back thread” on Saturday night. I accept Smith is out of position and Amos looked good via Altrincham and was ok on Saturday but I’m not convinced he’s an upgrade on Crookes who is certainly the better defensively of the two. Abraham’s looked ok first half but I thought when he played more centrally in the second half he disappeared from the game ( but so did town) and scuffed his one real chance. Too early to make a real assessment of him as one game is not enough and Burgess can’t get in the side in a midfield where we are particularly weak.

What I’m sure we all hoped is that players coming in would be more like Miller, Palmer and Nolan who all immediately made us a better team and were not just squad members.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
lew chaterleys lover
January 24, 2022, 6:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I made exactly the same point as you in the “Just back thread” on Saturday night. I accept Smith is out of position and Amos looked good via Altrincham and was ok on Saturday but I’m not convinced he’s an upgrade on Crookes who is certainly the better defensively of the two. Abraham’s looked ok first half but I thought when he played more centrally in the second half he disappeared from the game ( but so did town) and scuffed his one real chance. Too early to make a real assessment of him as one game is not enough and Burgess can’t get in the side in a midfield where we are particularly weak.

What I’m sure we all hoped is that players coming in would be more like Miller, Palmer and Nolan who all immediately made us a better team and were not just squad members.

It's just a smorgasbord of players of similar abilities coming and going.

I don't think the manager really knows what he wants.

I think we all agree the team was terrific during the first part of the season but he has panicked and before you know it we will have yet another new team before January is out.

Quality over quantity would serve us better surely?
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
Kris2
January 24, 2022, 6:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Ah just what we need when our season is on the rocks.....Another kid from Villa that struggles to get in the team of a non league team. Was Seb Revan lonely warming the bench? We really needed a player in this window who can come and have an impact, it lifts the team when somebody comes in making things happen and we are mostly replacing our kids on loan with more kids on loan.

At this point it feels like we lost two or three talented young players and replaced them with worse.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
denni266
January 24, 2022, 7:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
How many players has hurst signed while he has been here ?  And have we got any better Nope we have not.  New owners have wasted there money and time with him in charge , It takes a special kind of manager to make a poor team worse and send them down , Then take a reasonable winning team and turn them in to losers . Now either the new owners are completley stupid not to see what is happining  or too soft and frightened to do something about it . Fenty will be on his back with laughter at what is happining  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
Northbank Mariner
January 24, 2022, 7:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
[quote=1770]How many players has hurst signed while he has been here ?  And have we got any better Nope we have not.  New owners have wasted there money and time with him in charge , It takes a special kind of manager to make a poor team worse and send them down , Then take a reasonable winning team and turn them in to losers . Now either the new owners are completley stupid not to see what is happining  or too soft and frightened to do something about it . Fenty will be on his back with laughter at what is happining  [/quote]

Aye, no doubt with his little clan of followers tickling his belly!..🤡
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
MuddyWaters
January 24, 2022, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Like many, I was hoping that the January window would allow us to add two or three to augment/improve what we had when we’d got to the top of the league.

Instead, we’re filling gaps with more loans and Port Vale reserves. So much for building a squad.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
ex-merseymariner
January 24, 2022, 7:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Like many, I was hoping that the January window would allow us to add two or three to augment/improve what we had when we’d got to the top of the league.

Instead, we’re filling gaps with more loans and Port Vale reserves. So much for building a squad.

So you moan when we bring players in on loan from the prem and the championship, and predictably you moan when we bring in players from teams in league 2. Just wondering where the actual intercourse  do you expect us to get players from?!?!

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
forza ivano
January 24, 2022, 7:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
LH
January 24, 2022, 8:06pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,512
Gold Stars: 173
I completely understand why people would be pessimistic about this signing given recent loans from Villa but I’m willing to give him a chance to prove himself before I write him off. That might be a a bit radical for on here.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Arjan Raikhy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.