5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
quebec38
January 24, 2022, 3:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Splitting hairs here - Crocombe has been here all season. But anyway, I think he was brilliant on Saturday. Hard to say whether he did better or worse than Macca but every time he left his line to collect a high ball in a melee he took it well. This is Macca’s major downfall IMO and it was a vital quality to possess on Saturday with their aerial bombardment and physicality. He spilled one simple catch in to his chest but then gathered the ball straight away. I thought he was great and glad again it was him chosen to start the game.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
dicko995
January 24, 2022, 3:09pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
gold star for you fishcake63, fully agree
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
TAGG
January 24, 2022, 4:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from quebec38
Splitting hairs here - Crocombe has been here all season. But anyway, I think he was brilliant on Saturday. Hard to say whether he did better or worse than Macca but every time he left his line to collect a high ball in a melee he took it well. This is Macca’s major downfall IMO and it was a vital quality to possess on Saturday with their aerial bombardment and physicality. He spilled one simple catch in to his chest but then gathered the ball straight away. I thought he was great and glad again it was him chosen to start the game.

Agree re Saturday, his double save just before half time was brilliant but overall I would say ones not better than the other.
My point is that when new players come into the club they should at the least give you something you don't already have and I don't think any of the ones signed up over the last couple of weeks have.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
quebec38
January 24, 2022, 4:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Not too sure really.

I liked what I saw of Abrahams. He looked quick as well as strong. I will only judge him when he gets a go through the middle but it looked like he definitely had something that we don’t have already.

Amos looks ok to me and no worse than Crookes. I think Crookes is injured at the minute so that deal needed to be done.

Smith is another playing out of position. With Towler and DLK going, again it seemed like another that needed to happen. Harsh judging him when he’s played full back only so far.

Burgess is a strange one. Seems like he plays high up in midfield. Wasn’t trusted on Saturday and can’t remember him touching the ball in his 5 mins or so at the end of the Altrincham game. No chance to judge what he can or can’t do.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
Mayaman
January 24, 2022, 4:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,386
Gold Stars: 73
Problem with a lot of these lads is that they have talent but lack the driven mentality that is needed to make top flight football on a regular basis.  They get farmed out but need nurturing to get the best out of them. Then their ego gets in the way, and it all feels to them to be a bit lower than their expectations.  You really need good leadership to get the best out of them.  Where's Ernest Shackleton when you need him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
barrattstandman
January 24, 2022, 4:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Mayaman
Problem with a lot of these lads is that they have talent but lack the driven mentality that is needed to make top flight football on a regular basis.  They get farmed out but need nurturing to get the best out of them. Then their ego gets in the way, and it all feels to them to be a bit lower than their expectations.  You really need good leadership to get the best out of them.  Where's Ernest Shackleton when you need him?

Len Shackleton would be a better option ( only us oldies remember him )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
Garth
January 24, 2022, 4:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from barrattstandman

Len Shackleton would be a better option ( only us oldies remember him )

The clown prince of soccer, Sunderland I think
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
arryarryarry
January 24, 2022, 4:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from quebec38

I thought he was poor for their second goal, I know a daft header from Clifton but he went to punch it and got nowhere near.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
January 24, 2022, 5:10pm
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

I thought he was poor for their second goal, I know a daft header from Clifton but he went to punch it and got nowhere near.

That's ridiculous, he went to punch it where he saw it, the deflection from Clifton gave him no chance.

Reply: 28 - 49
oochiad
January 24, 2022, 5:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,688
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from TAGG
Hope he's better than what we have or what's the point.
Can't see anyone Hurst has brought in this January has improved the side.

If you don’t go to the matches then I can understand if you can’t tell, if you do go then it’s pointless having a conversation with you about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Arjan Raikhy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.