5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
January 24, 2022, 9:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Grimsby Town are set to sign Aston Villa midfielder Arjan Raikhy on loan until the end of the season, according to reports.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
pontoonlew
January 24, 2022, 9:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,997
Gold Stars: 171
Luckily for this guy the expectations on him are relatively low given Seb Revan and Easah Suliman are our benchmark knowledge of the abilities of Aston Villa loanees.

Certainly a position we need, just fingers crossed he's better than the other two, he can't be much worse.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 49
Stuart Discotheque
January 24, 2022, 9:56am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +73
Wasn't able to get in the team too often at Stockport but seems to be highly rated.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 49
Hagrid
January 24, 2022, 10:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,387
Gold Stars: 532
Its  a position we urgently need
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 49
diehardmariner
January 24, 2022, 10:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,579
Gold Stars: 537
I thought Sulliman looked ok actually, unfortunately subbed off on his debut wasn't he then got a brief sub appearance a while after that.

Hopefully this lad can bring a bit creativity that we're badly lacking in the middle.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 49
jamesgtfc
January 24, 2022, 10:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from diehardmariner
I thought Sulliman looked ok actually, unfortunately subbed off on his debut wasn't he then got a brief sub appearance a while after that.

Hopefully this lad can bring a bit creativity that we're badly lacking in the middle.

Suliman had to wait until Jolley came in for his debut didn't he and I thought he played very well but then disappeared off the face of the earth. He's spent the last 2 seasons playing in the top 2 tiers of Portugal so he must have something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 49
Abdul19
January 24, 2022, 10:28am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Suliman wasn't helped by Slade not knowing he could only use 5 loanees  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 49
Chrisblor
January 24, 2022, 11:02am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 233
Raikhy played against us for Stockport earlier in the season in the 0-0 draw. Don't recall him making any sort of memorable impression either way, but Stockport did mostly control the midfield in that game so he must have done something right.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 49
dicko995
January 24, 2022, 11:08am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Aston Villa midfielder Arjan Raikhy is set for a loan move to Grimsby Town.

The 19-year-old spent the first half of the season at Stockport County but was recalled early as he wasn't featuring regularly.

A number of clubs have shown an interest in Raikhy but it's Grimsby, the mid-table National League side, who have won the race to sign him.

Raikhy made his senior Villa debut in the FA Cup defeat to Liverpool in January 2021, and although he has not made a matchday squad since, there are still high hopes for him at the club.

Raikhy believes he has outgrown Under-23 level football and wants to test himself amongst seniors, which is why this move appealed.

Villa are also hoping to move a number of other youngsters on this month to further aid their development.

Boss Steven Gerrard says: "We've been trying to sort out moves for a number of our young players this month and we've also got a number of other things bubbling away,"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 49
Zmariner
January 24, 2022, 11:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Hopefully an excellent player. As our midfield is sadly lacking. Yet another loan, from a team that we will not dream to be able to keep the player from. That just does not feel anything even medium-term never mind long-term about this project at the moment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 49
IlkleyMariner
January 24, 2022, 11:33am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Long term plans may need to be delayed in a short term crisis

We are in crisis mode at present not knowing where our next wins are coming from
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
Jarmo.Is.God
January 24, 2022, 12:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I know a stockport fan (long story   )
Basically said he's very good, and wouldn't look out of place in League 2 he feels, but Stockport's midfield is just too good this year with players like Sarcevic somehow playing non-league football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
diehardmariner
January 24, 2022, 12:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Zmariner
Hopefully an excellent player. As our midfield is sadly lacking. Yet another loan, from a team that we will not dream to be able to keep the player from. That just does not feel anything even medium-term never mind long-term about this project at the moment

In fairness, we don't know if that's the case or not.  This lad might be ready to leave Villa's set-up and a loan period is basically an extended trial/opportunity to put himself in the shop window.  

Villa's youth set-up is rated as one of the best in the country at the minute with high hopes for a number of their young lads coming through, it could well be that he's been overtaken in the pecking order by a number of younger lads.

Whilst the reports from Stockport are that he was good, if he couldn't break into their side it doesn't appear that he's going to be kicking down doors at Villa Park.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
quebec38
January 24, 2022, 12:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
Seen a lot of fuss about the number of loans recently and I do understand why people want players who are here for the long term… but it’s about the here and now surely. If loans come in and do very well and (as unlikely as it is) get us promoted, then I wouldn’t worry about where they came from or where they go back to. Deal with that at the time.

We desperately need the centre of midfield sorting out. Coke’s best days are probably behind him as sad as it is to admit. I don’t think Fox has been outstanding but definitely not bad plus I feel like he’s been dealt a tough hand. 2 men anchoring the midfield and his partner not being up to it is going to be tough. Plus chopping and changing each week doesn’t help.

I feel like an outstanding centre mid will solve a lot of problems. We have good defenders individually and some great attackers but nothing to link any of it. I guess everyone wants an outstanding midfielder though so I appreciate they’re not easy to come by.

Hopefully this guy is the man to do it. I’m surprised Villa would send him back after our treatment of Revan. I fully admit what I saw wasn’t good but he never got a run which Villa must have been expecting at least.

Edit - never has the word outstanding been used since Andy Cole’s “hit” in the 90s.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
GollyGTFC
January 24, 2022, 12:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Building for the future… Aston Villa’s.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 49
denni266
January 24, 2022, 12:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Yep what happened to building for our future ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
TAGG
January 24, 2022, 1:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Hope he's better than what we have or what's the point.
Can't see anyone Hurst has brought in this January has improved the side.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
fishcake63
January 24, 2022, 1:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,224
Gold Stars: 62
if we got this lad then i'd like to see a midfield of him burgess fox with mcatee in no10 feeding taylor & abrahams our wingers offer nothing away from home i'd like to see 4/3.1/2 but doubt we will go this way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
oochiad
January 24, 2022, 2:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 27
To say any of the January’s signings aren’t an improvement is just ridiculous. This guy could be just what we need. I’m keeping the faith!! UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
TAGG
January 24, 2022, 2:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from oochiad
To say any of the January’s signings aren’t an improvement is just ridiculous. This guy could be just what we need. I’m keeping the faith!! UTM!!

Tell me where they have improved the team or the performances?? the full backs are no better (or worse) than the players they replaced, the other lad has had 10 minutes, if he was better than we have the manager should have the confidence to start him.
The other new bloke Abrahams, (thought he had a decentish debut) not a patch on Max or Erico in that position.
The keeper is no better or worse than Macca.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
quebec38
January 24, 2022, 3:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Splitting hairs here - Crocombe has been here all season. But anyway, I think he was brilliant on Saturday. Hard to say whether he did better or worse than Macca but every time he left his line to collect a high ball in a melee he took it well. This is Macca’s major downfall IMO and it was a vital quality to possess on Saturday with their aerial bombardment and physicality. He spilled one simple catch in to his chest but then gathered the ball straight away. I thought he was great and glad again it was him chosen to start the game.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
dicko995
January 24, 2022, 3:09pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
gold star for you fishcake63, fully agree
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
TAGG
January 24, 2022, 4:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from quebec38
Splitting hairs here - Crocombe has been here all season. But anyway, I think he was brilliant on Saturday. Hard to say whether he did better or worse than Macca but every time he left his line to collect a high ball in a melee he took it well. This is Macca’s major downfall IMO and it was a vital quality to possess on Saturday with their aerial bombardment and physicality. He spilled one simple catch in to his chest but then gathered the ball straight away. I thought he was great and glad again it was him chosen to start the game.

Agree re Saturday, his double save just before half time was brilliant but overall I would say ones not better than the other.
My point is that when new players come into the club they should at the least give you something you don't already have and I don't think any of the ones signed up over the last couple of weeks have.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
quebec38
January 24, 2022, 4:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Not too sure really.

I liked what I saw of Abrahams. He looked quick as well as strong. I will only judge him when he gets a go through the middle but it looked like he definitely had something that we don’t have already.

Amos looks ok to me and no worse than Crookes. I think Crookes is injured at the minute so that deal needed to be done.

Smith is another playing out of position. With Towler and DLK going, again it seemed like another that needed to happen. Harsh judging him when he’s played full back only so far.

Burgess is a strange one. Seems like he plays high up in midfield. Wasn’t trusted on Saturday and can’t remember him touching the ball in his 5 mins or so at the end of the Altrincham game. No chance to judge what he can or can’t do.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
Mayaman
January 24, 2022, 4:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Problem with a lot of these lads is that they have talent but lack the driven mentality that is needed to make top flight football on a regular basis.  They get farmed out but need nurturing to get the best out of them. Then their ego gets in the way, and it all feels to them to be a bit lower than their expectations.  You really need good leadership to get the best out of them.  Where's Ernest Shackleton when you need him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
barrattstandman
January 24, 2022, 4:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Mayaman
Problem with a lot of these lads is that they have talent but lack the driven mentality that is needed to make top flight football on a regular basis.  They get farmed out but need nurturing to get the best out of them. Then their ego gets in the way, and it all feels to them to be a bit lower than their expectations.  You really need good leadership to get the best out of them.  Where's Ernest Shackleton when you need him?

Len Shackleton would be a better option ( only us oldies remember him )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
Garth
January 24, 2022, 4:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from barrattstandman

Len Shackleton would be a better option ( only us oldies remember him )

The clown prince of soccer, Sunderland I think
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
arryarryarry
January 24, 2022, 4:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from quebec38

I thought he was poor for their second goal, I know a daft header from Clifton but he went to punch it and got nowhere near.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
January 24, 2022, 5:10pm
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

I thought he was poor for their second goal, I know a daft header from Clifton but he went to punch it and got nowhere near.

That's ridiculous, he went to punch it where he saw it, the deflection from Clifton gave him no chance.

Reply: 28 - 49
oochiad
January 24, 2022, 5:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from TAGG
Hope he's better than what we have or what's the point.
Can't see anyone Hurst has brought in this January has improved the side.

If you don’t go to the matches then I can understand if you can’t tell, if you do go then it’s pointless having a conversation with you about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
TAGG
January 24, 2022, 5:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from oochiad

If you don’t go to the matches then I can understand if you can’t tell, if you do go then it’s pointless having a conversation with you about it.

Ye ST holders
My opinion.
Who are you, the reincarnation of Brian Clough??

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 24, 2022, 5:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from TAGG

Ye ST holders
My opinion.
Who are you, the reincarnation of Brian Clough??

I made exactly the same point as you in the “Just back thread” on Saturday night. I accept Smith is out of position and Amos looked good via Altrincham and was ok on Saturday but I’m not convinced he’s an upgrade on Crookes who is certainly the better defensively of the two. Abraham’s looked ok first half but I thought when he played more centrally in the second half he disappeared from the game ( but so did town) and scuffed his one real chance. Too early to make a real assessment of him as one game is not enough and Burgess can’t get in the side in a midfield where we are particularly weak.

What I’m sure we all hoped is that players coming in would be more like Miller, Palmer and Nolan who all immediately made us a better team and were not just squad members.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
lew chaterleys lover
January 24, 2022, 6:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I made exactly the same point as you in the “Just back thread” on Saturday night. I accept Smith is out of position and Amos looked good via Altrincham and was ok on Saturday but I’m not convinced he’s an upgrade on Crookes who is certainly the better defensively of the two. Abraham’s looked ok first half but I thought when he played more centrally in the second half he disappeared from the game ( but so did town) and scuffed his one real chance. Too early to make a real assessment of him as one game is not enough and Burgess can’t get in the side in a midfield where we are particularly weak.

What I’m sure we all hoped is that players coming in would be more like Miller, Palmer and Nolan who all immediately made us a better team and were not just squad members.

It's just a smorgasbord of players of similar abilities coming and going.

I don't think the manager really knows what he wants.

I think we all agree the team was terrific during the first part of the season but he has panicked and before you know it we will have yet another new team before January is out.

Quality over quantity would serve us better surely?
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
Kris2
January 24, 2022, 6:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Ah just what we need when our season is on the rocks.....Another kid from Villa that struggles to get in the team of a non league team. Was Seb Revan lonely warming the bench? We really needed a player in this window who can come and have an impact, it lifts the team when somebody comes in making things happen and we are mostly replacing our kids on loan with more kids on loan.

At this point it feels like we lost two or three talented young players and replaced them with worse.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
denni266
January 24, 2022, 7:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
How many players has hurst signed while he has been here ?  And have we got any better Nope we have not.  New owners have wasted there money and time with him in charge , It takes a special kind of manager to make a poor team worse and send them down , Then take a reasonable winning team and turn them in to losers . Now either the new owners are completley stupid not to see what is happining  or too soft and frightened to do something about it . Fenty will be on his back with laughter at what is happining  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
Northbank Mariner
January 24, 2022, 7:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
[quote=1770]How many players has hurst signed while he has been here ?  And have we got any better Nope we have not.  New owners have wasted there money and time with him in charge , It takes a special kind of manager to make a poor team worse and send them down , Then take a reasonable winning team and turn them in to losers . Now either the new owners are completley stupid not to see what is happining  or too soft and frightened to do something about it . Fenty will be on his back with laughter at what is happining  [/quote]

Aye, no doubt with his little clan of followers tickling his belly!..🤡
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
MuddyWaters
January 24, 2022, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Like many, I was hoping that the January window would allow us to add two or three to augment/improve what we had when we’d got to the top of the league.

Instead, we’re filling gaps with more loans and Port Vale reserves. So much for building a squad.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
ex-merseymariner
January 24, 2022, 7:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Like many, I was hoping that the January window would allow us to add two or three to augment/improve what we had when we’d got to the top of the league.

Instead, we’re filling gaps with more loans and Port Vale reserves. So much for building a squad.

So you moan when we bring players in on loan from the prem and the championship, and predictably you moan when we bring in players from teams in league 2. Just wondering where the actual intercourse  do you expect us to get players from?!?!

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
forza ivano
January 24, 2022, 7:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,167
Gold Stars: 265
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
LH
January 24, 2022, 8:06pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
I completely understand why people would be pessimistic about this signing given recent loans from Villa but I’m willing to give him a chance to prove himself before I write him off. That might be a a bit radical for on here.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
Maringer
January 24, 2022, 8:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Anybody know what sort of a midfielder he is? Does he have any pace or physicality? Is he the sort of box to box player or one more like Hunt who wants to be passing the ball rather than getting into the box himself? I know that, ideally, it would be nice to have a player with all of these attributes, but it would be interesting to know what he will add.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
MuddyWaters
January 24, 2022, 8:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from LH
I completely understand why people would be pessimistic about this signing given recent loans from Villa but I’m willing to give him a chance to prove himself before I write him off. That might be a a bit radical for on here.

I hope he’s a great signing. However, I sort of hoped our last midfield signing (Burgess) might have been in the starting eleven ahead of Coke by now.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
DaleH
January 24, 2022, 9:25pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +814
Gold Stars: 167
Welcome

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
smokey111
January 24, 2022, 9:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3,349
Gold Stars: 46
Although no guarantees of football can be assured I would imagine Villa are expecting him to see more minutes than Revan. I am led to believe he has plenty of composure on the ball and can pick a pass. Fingers crossed.

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That’s how I see football, that’s how I see life.” Bill Shankly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
RonMariner
January 24, 2022, 9:52pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,665
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from dicko995

A number of clubs have shown an interest in Raikhy but it's Grimsby, the mid-table National League side, who have won the race to sign him.

'Mid table National league side'.

Yup, that is how far we have sunk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
geir
January 24, 2022, 10:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9

He certainly looks way older than 19.... could be around 32 years old judging by that photo. Mature for his age.

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
Norseman
January 24, 2022, 11:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +286
Doesn't matter how good or bad players are if they are bench warming for 85 minutes ,or playing totally out of position in a formation only Hurst understands
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
acko338
January 25, 2022, 1:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
What's he like??

Well, he won player of the match when playing for Stockport against us earlier this season, so I'm prepared to give him a go !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
diehardmariner
January 25, 2022, 2:40pm
Vodka Drinker
McAtee got Man of the Match on Saturday despite touching the ball about 5 times in the whole of the game.  That doesn't tend to hold much weight really, especially when it's picked by the sponsors.

Villa supporting mate says he's seen a few of the youth games with him in and said he's rangey without really having lots of pace.  Breaks stuff up and gets it moving again with nice passing.  More of a No 6 or 8 than a No10.  From that he sounds more like a replacement for Hunt.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
sam gy
January 25, 2022, 3:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I hope he’s a great signing. However, I sort of hoped our last midfield signing (Burgess) might have been in the starting eleven ahead of Coke by now.

We literally signed him 11 days ago to be fair, it's not as if he's had loads of chances to play. Coke by all accounts had his best game in a town shirt against Alty so i see why he was kept in against Bromley - though he did have a crap game.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Arjan Raikhy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.