IlkleyMariner
January 24, 2022, 11:33am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Long term plans may need to be delayed in a short term crisis

We are in crisis mode at present not knowing where our next wins are coming from
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
Jarmo.Is.God
January 24, 2022, 12:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I know a stockport fan (long story   )
Basically said he's very good, and wouldn't look out of place in League 2 he feels, but Stockport's midfield is just too good this year with players like Sarcevic somehow playing non-league football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
diehardmariner
January 24, 2022, 12:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,545
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from Zmariner
Hopefully an excellent player. As our midfield is sadly lacking. Yet another loan, from a team that we will not dream to be able to keep the player from. That just does not feel anything even medium-term never mind long-term about this project at the moment

In fairness, we don't know if that's the case or not.  This lad might be ready to leave Villa's set-up and a loan period is basically an extended trial/opportunity to put himself in the shop window.  

Villa's youth set-up is rated as one of the best in the country at the minute with high hopes for a number of their young lads coming through, it could well be that he's been overtaken in the pecking order by a number of younger lads.

Whilst the reports from Stockport are that he was good, if he couldn't break into their side it doesn't appear that he's going to be kicking down doors at Villa Park.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
quebec38
January 24, 2022, 12:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
Seen a lot of fuss about the number of loans recently and I do understand why people want players who are here for the long term… but it’s about the here and now surely. If loans come in and do very well and (as unlikely as it is) get us promoted, then I wouldn’t worry about where they came from or where they go back to. Deal with that at the time.

We desperately need the centre of midfield sorting out. Coke’s best days are probably behind him as sad as it is to admit. I don’t think Fox has been outstanding but definitely not bad plus I feel like he’s been dealt a tough hand. 2 men anchoring the midfield and his partner not being up to it is going to be tough. Plus chopping and changing each week doesn’t help.

I feel like an outstanding centre mid will solve a lot of problems. We have good defenders individually and some great attackers but nothing to link any of it. I guess everyone wants an outstanding midfielder though so I appreciate they’re not easy to come by.

Hopefully this guy is the man to do it. I’m surprised Villa would send him back after our treatment of Revan. I fully admit what I saw wasn’t good but he never got a run which Villa must have been expecting at least.

Edit - never has the word outstanding been used since Andy Cole’s “hit” in the 90s.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
GollyGTFC
January 24, 2022, 12:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Building for the future… Aston Villa’s.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 49
denni266
January 24, 2022, 12:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Yep what happened to building for our future ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
TAGG
January 24, 2022, 1:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Hope he's better than what we have or what's the point.
Can't see anyone Hurst has brought in this January has improved the side.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
fishcake63
January 24, 2022, 1:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,224
Gold Stars: 62
if we got this lad then i'd like to see a midfield of him burgess fox with mcatee in no10 feeding taylor & abrahams our wingers offer nothing away from home i'd like to see 4/3.1/2 but doubt we will go this way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
oochiad
January 24, 2022, 2:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 27
To say any of the January’s signings aren’t an improvement is just ridiculous. This guy could be just what we need. I’m keeping the faith!! UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
TAGG
January 24, 2022, 2:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from oochiad
To say any of the January’s signings aren’t an improvement is just ridiculous. This guy could be just what we need. I’m keeping the faith!! UTM!!

Tell me where they have improved the team or the performances?? the full backs are no better (or worse) than the players they replaced, the other lad has had 10 minutes, if he was better than we have the manager should have the confidence to start him.
The other new bloke Abrahams, (thought he had a decentish debut) not a patch on Max or Erico in that position.
The keeper is no better or worse than Macca.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Arjan Raikhy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.