December 14, 2021, 12:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Civvy at last

Kevin Killmore ??

Yeah but what's the connection to Scunny. Is KK a grade of steel or something?  Obviously commentators were more high brow in those days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 72
forza ivano
December 14, 2021, 8:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Just saw this on Twatter https://twitter.com/onthisGTFCday/status/1470688392971227140

Suspect Les Brechin would've been in about his 10th or 12th year of supporting Town when this was taken  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 72
Teestogreen
December 14, 2021, 10:22pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -151
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Hate to spoil your spell in the main stand but I think you will find Kidd put Everton 1-0 ahead quite early in the first half but Brolly got his brace before half time so we were made to endure a nervous second half.

Thanks South Lakes - haven’t checked but prefer to rely on fading memory and yes - Brian Kidd did score at the Pontoon end from my fading memory - so happy to succomb to superior stats.

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 72
KingstonMariner
December 16, 2021, 8:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Poojah
That’s exactly how I remember the old girl when being inside her was new and exciting.

I look back at old photos of my wife with the same sentiment.

So do I. 😉

(Can’t believe no one else has said that yet)

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 72
HerveJosse
December 17, 2021, 9:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Civvy at last

Kevin Killmore ??

Kevin Kilmore signed from Scunny for £60k from memory. Good player but should have achieved more. Who can forget his miss at the alp end that would have put us one nil up at the European chambers.
The other KK also ex Scunny was the opposite achieved far more then his basic ability.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 72
HerveJosse
December 17, 2021, 9:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 144
Kop end European champions  sorry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 72
promotion plaice
December 17, 2021, 9:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from HerveJosse

Kevin Kilmore signed from Scunny for £60k from memory. Good player but should have achieved more. Who can forget his miss at the alp end that would have put us one nil up at the European chambers.
The other KK also ex Scunny was the opposite achieved far more then his basic ability.

Once played Kevin Kilmore at pool in the old Lifeboat hotel/pub, lost  

Chose us over Leeds if I remember rightly.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 72
White_shorts
June 15, 2022, 5:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -646
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Grim up north
I found Donny’s Keepmoat one of the most boring designed new stadiums Ive been in, mainly due to all sides being of equal size. For me you need one home stand to be bigger than the rest to help generate a volume of noise.
On the other note , Grimsby I oh was a loud popular chant in the day and still popular with Pompey. Also anyone remember the jock guy who used to yell …now give me a GGGGGGG, RRRRRR and so on until he got to ….and what have you f…….. got !

That makes no sense at all. Four stands of equal height is best for atmosphere. Most of the noise generated by the upper Findus goes over the Main Stand and is lost to the estuary.

I haven't finished criticising Blundell Park yet: pitches should ideally be aligned north to south, with the benches on the west side. BP's alignment is more east-west, so the Main Stand ought to have been on the south side. You often see managers on the touchline shielding their eyes from the sun.

The club had a chance to correct that mistake in 1982, but for some reason the Findus Stand was not equipped with changing rooms. Probably penny pinching.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 72
ska face
June 15, 2022, 5:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,657
Gold Stars: 847
Give it a rest now.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 72
grimps
June 15, 2022, 7:51pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,118
Gold Stars: 46
I used to love going in the Osmand stand whenever I got chance in the 80s and 90s .
The acoustics in there are great and when the corner was standing it made a great atmosphere .
I was in there against Spurs when we have them the corner and Town had the rest of the stand , they still had 1800 just in that corner on those days , I think the crowd was nearly 18000.

When I sit in the Main stand these days I still look at that small bit of terrace left in the osmand corner and wish it was still allowed to be used
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BP back in the day

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.