This thread currently has 8,529 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire
December 4, 2021, 5:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +247
Gold Stars: 15
Really, really poor. How were we ever top? Only plusses the two finishes. Absolutely everything else utter garbage. Other than Waterfall all the other "defenders" were rubbish. No movement. Passing none existent or too slow and lateral. No confidence. No decent balls into Taylor. Less said about McAtee's two footer the better.

We have nothing. The top 6 will murder us.

I really do not know where we go from here and how Hurst turns it around. After the first went in our confidence was shot. We hadn't looked too bad up to then.

I'm off for a drink and bet on relegation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
December 4, 2021, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
How was Mcguire Drew?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 74
Hagrid
December 4, 2021, 5:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,933
Gold Stars: 505
Crookes Injured Sousa Injured according to Hurst

Poor Interview from Tondeur, no pressing of the concerns staring us all in the face
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 74
IlkleyMariner
December 4, 2021, 6:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,879
Gold Stars: 66
Waiting for the cricket season in 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 74
sonofmadeleymariner
December 4, 2021, 6:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from MuddyWaters
How was Mcguire Drew?

Can't imagine it was too great he hardly got a mention by JT

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 74
DB
December 4, 2021, 6:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.57
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,831
Gold Stars: 382
The good news is we're not going to get relegated and in August mid-table was going to be good, top 7 even better. We started the decline because we needed  Taylor and McAtee together on the pitch, but neither finished the game today! Something has gone massively wrong as suggested on RH by Hagrid, and as suggested last September the strength-in-depth, has gone to what strength.

Hurst has now hinted twice that there will be movement in and out in January, so has this upset the team spirit and subsequently the form? Has Hurst's tactics been sussed out and accounted for, including no left defense or has he suddenly become inept? We hit the ground running in August and has the dream start been too much and over raised our expectations?

Hurst has just suggested on RH that some players are not performing to the potential they did earlier and perhaps the bo!!oking they got didn't go down well? So there we have it at the minute, too many questions and not enough, if any, answers.

We enjoyed the good times and now we have, reluctantly, have to accept the bad but we are still in the play-off positions. Other clubs will also go through bad times so let's hope some points against Chesterfield will start a bad run for them.

Edit.
Forgot to say there's something in the London air that upsets our players.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 74
Ipswin
December 4, 2021, 6:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters
How was Mcguire Drew?

He's just been to see Hurst to ask if he can be released from his contract, said playing for such a crap team was upsetting him

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 74
dapperz fun pub
December 4, 2021, 6:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,685
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Hagrid

Poor Interview from Tondeur, no pressing of the concerns staring us all in the face

Never heard the interview but when’s he ever pressed a manger on excrement results or performances ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 74
ginnywings
December 4, 2021, 6:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,953
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Hagrid

Just listened and it seemed a fair assessment to me.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 74
DB
December 4, 2021, 6:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.57
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,831
Gold Stars: 382
Quoted from ginnywings

Just listened and it seemed a fair assessment to me.  

I agree with you, what do expect JT to say? He asked the relevant questions to a downbeat Hurt.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 74
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.