HertsGTFC
December 5, 2021, 12:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Vance Warner

Just like last time it seems to be a small number of the Stone Island crew who have a particular issue with Hurst. Others then follow like sheep. I can only assume this is because they admire their ability to bounce up and down behind the police and spend a fortune to look exactly the same as their mates.

Don’t mention Stone Island on here I got slaughtered last time I made that link.

Maybe some people are just warming up for Halifax away so they can be true to form.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 74
MarinerWY
December 5, 2021, 12:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Davec
Here is my attempt at a report, please forgive me for any inaccuracies as by the time kick off come round I already had too much to drink and was seeing double for most of the first half.

Well we didn't get going did we?

By the sounds of it mate we could've peppered their goal all of the first half and you wouldn't have thought we'd got going... or you'd have thought it was 2-2 at half time 😉
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 74
Davec
December 5, 2021, 12:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from MarinerWY

By the sounds of it mate we could've peppered their goal all of the first half and you wouldn't have thought we'd got going... or you'd have thought it was 2-2 at half time 😉

I was sober enough to keep count and know what is happening  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 74
forza ivano
December 5, 2021, 1:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
71 posts and about 3 on the actual game!
thought we played pretty well for the first 20 , there was a lot more energy and some good passing ,although we looked very vulnerable with their wide players. It looked like the first goal was a fluke header, but others have said he meant it
We then went to pieces with confidence obviously gone. Great bit of work from the new man and Efete to create the chance for Mcatee who took it well.
We started the 2nd half really well and were well on top until the centre forward completely 'did' Longe King and slotted home. Hurst seems convinced the 3rd was offside but i thought it came off Waterfall's head.
McAtee got deservedly sent off and then Bell came on and immediately scored a beauty. We then  failed to give him the ball for the rest of the game! Shop came on and showed why he's not the answer and after that we fell away.
So it was a real mix, some good stuff at times but long periods when we looked poor, with confidence shot
Crocombe - not impressed (see the other thread)
Efete - had his hands full, up against their motm (who was good)
Waterfall - my motm, thought he was excellent, given everything that was happening around him
Longe -King - would worry if he became a regular starter. Not a patch on Towler/Menayese/Hewitt
Towler - might have played LB, but don't think he'll play for GTFC there again! As i said in another thread Hurst had v little choice
Fox and Clifton - both summed up the performance - busy and good in patches, but then ineffective/anonymous
Hunt - probably the epitome of how we've changed for the worst.It's as if it's all become a bit too much for him
Maguire-Drew - he seems to solve 1 problem, but then causes another. Replaces Sousa who's busy, exciting, almost constantly involved but v little end product. This guy was the polar opposite, anonymous except on 2 or 3 occasions when his quality was excellent
McAtee - our only bright spark, and his recklessness probably cost us getting anything out of the game
Bell - looked like he could be really dangerous, but we never gave him the ball! Got to be worth starting up top with Taylor imho
The Shop - we need a new centre forward option! nuff said
Taylor - another who's a shadow of his September self. Think he's being asked to perform an impossible task, up there on his won and constantly surrounded /overwhelmed by 2 or 3 players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 74
arryarryarry
December 5, 2021, 2:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Vance Warner

Just like last time it seems to be a small number of the Stone Island crew who have a particular issue with Hurst. Others then follow like sheep. I can only assume this is because they admire their ability to bounce up and down behind the police and spend a fortune to look exactly the same as their mates.

FFS is that the best you can do, calling somebody by the clothes they wear.

I bet you wear long pointed shoes, a baggy white suit, a big red nose and far too much rouge. 🤡
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.