HertsGTFC
December 4, 2021, 8:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,637
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I can answer that for you. Revan is shite and Towler has played left back for Bristol City’s academy and Crookes was injured.

Can you say we’ve seen enough of Reevan to truly make an assessment Towler may have played LB for Bristol City’s academy but Reevan I’d assume has played in that position for Villa’s academy.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 74
jamesgtfc
December 4, 2021, 8:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
I've got a feeling Revan is going back next month.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 74
barralad
December 4, 2021, 8:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Confidence is clearly shot to pieces. We were on top until the first goal but you could see the players deflate when it went in. Mcatees equaliser was against the run of play but I wouldn't have thought there were many Town fans who didn't think we would go on from there and win the game.
What happened instead was a toothless capitulation. Their second was a good finish but we allowed him to turn and hit it. The third goal coming so soon after the second was the coup de grace.
Mcatee is far and away our best player but his two-footed challenge (surely borne out of frustration) was beyond stupid. Hurst should make an example of him.
Positives? Not many but a wonderful strike from Bell for our second. Crocombe did OK but on several occasions overhit his clearances.
Negatives? If LJL is in the team for his ability to hold the ball up then we need an urgent Plan B..not sure he held the ball once.
Least said about the internal fighting towards the end the better...sad events.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 74
Hagrid
December 4, 2021, 8:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from barralad
Confidence is clearly shot to pieces. We were on top until the first goal but you could see the players deflate when it went in. Mcatees equaliser was against the run of play but I wouldn't have thought there were many Town fans who didn't think we would go on from there and win the game.
What happened instead was a toothless capitulation. Their second was a good finish but we allowed him to turn and hit it. The third goal coming so soon after the second was the coup de grace.
Mcatee is far and away our best player but his two-footed challenge (surely borne out of frustration) was beyond stupid. Hurst should make an example of him.
Positives? Not many but a wonderful strike from Bell for our second. Crocombe did OK but on several occasions overhit his clearances.
Negatives? If LJL is in the team for his ability to hold the ball up then we need an urgent Plan B..not sure he held the ball once.
Least said about the internal fighting towards the end the better...sad events.

PH Was saying it was a yellow card so he isnt going to make an example of him.

The internal fighting so im told was started by those Chanting Hurst Out and then led to fists flying betweeen In and out.

I cant hell but sense a toxic atmosphere is looming
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 74
HertsGTFC
December 4, 2021, 8:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,637
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Hagrid

PH Was saying it was a yellow card so he isnt going to make an example of him.

The internal fighting so im told was started by those Chanting Hurst Out and then led to fists flying betweeen In and out.

I cant hell but sense a toxic atmosphere is looming

Well I’d guess we couldn’t let Halifax away pass without one.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 74
denni266
December 4, 2021, 9:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
Quoted from chaos33
I was waiting to see if there might be some balance and rationality - you’ve just brought it.
Everyone knows it’s really disappointing. It’s not good enough. But we need to regroup, take a critical but constructive overview and get on with it. I’ve watched Town for 40 years. I’ve seen many, many poorer squads and managers than this. One thing is for sure - if the fans turn against this committed and quality squad, we’ll deteriorate, not improve.
UTM

So we are just supposed to sit back and accept it . Never heared such a load of crap in my life.. Hurst has turned the team in to a bunch of no hopers.. They have gone from a free flowing  energetic team with flair and hunger to this shambles, and it is what Hurst has done to them with his dour way of playing . Ffs Hurst would have had ruined George best  and many more with the way he gets teams to play  he has to go for me .And the same will happen to the nextlot he gets in . Its a big mistake letting him have a free roam with our new owners money and our club  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 74
Hagrid
December 4, 2021, 9:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from denni266

So we are just supposed to sit back and accept it . Never heared such a load of crap in my life.. Hurst has turned the team in to a bunch of no hopers.. They have gone from a free flowing  energetic team with flair and hunger to this shambles, and it is what Hurst has done to them with his dour way of playing . Ffs Hurst would have had ruined George best  and many more with the way he gets teams to play  he has to go for me .And the same will happen to the nextlot he gets in . Its a big mistake letting him have a free roam with our new owners money and our club  

I think your going over the top
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 74
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 4, 2021, 9:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from denni266

So we are just supposed to sit back and accept it . Never heared such a load of crap in my life

Haven’t you?

Can I point you towards your post history? I don’t think you read them before posting so it’ll be like a freshly curled out turd for you to sniff.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 74
Vance Warner
December 4, 2021, 9:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from denni266

So he gets no credit for building a team and taking it to the top of the league but all the blame for the last 5 weeks. By any chance we’re you one of the snowflakes who was upset by his spoilt comment and his ear cupping?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 74
ginnywings
December 4, 2021, 9:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from denni266

Firstly, we have no option but to sit back and accept it. If I don't accept it, what should I do? Stop going? Car park protest? Shout obscenities at PH?

Secondly it was PH who put together and coached that free flowing, energetic team with flair and hunger that you speak of.

I don't get your arguments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.