10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
October 24, 2021, 9:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,486
Gold Stars: 1,500
5:30 for the miss. Everything about that needed to be a bit better, from the pass by McAtee to Lennie’s finish, but one way or another it’s a travesty that didn’t end up in the back of the net.

One observation I’d make is that it’s quite a smart run from Lennie to end up unmarked at the back post like that, but that’s almost part of his issue - he’s got great instinct to get himself in dangerous positions but not quite the finisher’s instinct he needs to complete the job, hence the perception of so many missed chances.

https://youtu.be/KjbeareQ1h8

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 92
marinernige
October 24, 2021, 9:59am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Cheers.

Last game of the season, he misses that chance, it costs us the game and Chesterfield go up automatically instead.
Then let’s see how the fickles react to Lenny. That understanding and fondness will count for nothing then.

To those that are suggesting that if he was scoring goals, he wouldn’t be playing for Grimsby, I give you this. Omar Bogle and Podge. Liam Hearn. Oh and whilst you are at it, Cheek at Bromley, Tshimanga at Chesterfield. Add into that McAtee and Taylor who are looking more than capable of getting somewhere near 20 goals this season.

Lenny is Lenny. Gives plenty but his finishing blots his copybook. Don’t excuse the miss by saying he was stretching. It was a tap in

If last game of the season , Town get a penalty to win the game and win the league , LJL will be the first player to step up and take it,he's got that much bottle .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 92
Poojah
October 24, 2021, 10:04am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from marinernige

If last game of the season , Town get a penalty to win the game and win the league , LJL will be the first player to step up and take it,he's got that much bottle .

I agree with you fully, but that’s a scenario which sends a shiver down my spine…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 92
KingstonMariner
October 24, 2021, 10:06am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from blundellpork
Whilst the penalty and the miss were the two standout moments, I think it’s generous to say he had a good game. The ball bounced off him plenty of times, and he rarely managed to link up with anyone else. I thought it was a poor performance in truth.

Agree. His first touch was often poor. Thought he played better against Bromsgrove. He didn't have that understanding with the other players yesterday, but I don't know if that was him nodding on the ball willy nilly or whether the other players were at fault for not being where they should have.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 92
Ipswin
October 24, 2021, 10:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Poojah
5:30 for the miss. Everything about that needed to be a bit better, from the pass by McAtee to Lennie’s finish, but one way or another it’s a travesty that didn’t end up in the back of the net.

One observation I’d make is that it’s quite a smart run from Lennie to end up unmarked at the back post like that, but that’s almost part of his issue - he’s got great instinct to get himself in dangerous positions but not quite the finisher’s instinct he needs to complete the job, hence the perception of so many missed chances.

https://youtu.be/KjbeareQ1h8

Look at the scoreboard just as LJL misses.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 92
Poojah
October 24, 2021, 10:27am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Look at the scoreboard just as LJL misses.

Great spot, a little to keen on the ‘goal’ button from the scoreboard operator there…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 92
horsforthmariner
October 24, 2021, 10:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,611
Gold Stars: 9
Lenny is big and powerful, scares defences and gets in good positions. If he could finish he'd be playing several divisions above. He's our third best striker, a decent option as a fill in if Mcatee or Taylor are injured or a sub in the last 20 minutes. He's a good, committed squad player and people should get off his back.

We've had the best start to a campaign ever. Can we just accept we don't need a boo boy - they've all been phenomenal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 92
pontoonlew
October 24, 2021, 10:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Lenny is big and powerful, scares defences and gets in good positions. If he could finish he'd be playing several divisions above. He's our third best striker, a decent option as a fill in if Mcatee or Taylor are injured or a sub in the last 20 minutes. He's a good, committed squad player and people should get off his back.

We've had the best start to a campaign ever. Can we just accept we don't need a boo boy - they've all been phenomenal.

I hear this ‘if he could finish he’d be playing levels above’ all the time and I can’t buy it. Ryan Taylor is better at holding the ball up imo and he’s still scoring goals at this level.

The fact LJL regularly has pages debating his abilities shows me that there’s something in it, because no other player in the squad has been questioned this much. Either fans specifically have it ‘in’ for him or there’s some justification in it.

A lot of it is of course, well over the top, but for fans of LJL to claim it’s a witch hunt without any foundations is a falsehood as well IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 92
friskneymariner
October 24, 2021, 10:47am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from dicko995
Lenny is a clone of Akinde, takes penalties, and fk all else, those who think hes our main striker need to give their head a wobble, Hes a liability, his layoffs today were appawling, never ran, poor positioning, never thought of being offside, missed a sitter, only just scored the penalty,which he snatched the ball and was adamant he was taking it. Sorry, but the jury is out on this one, were all sat in the Findus box shouting for Hurst to replace him after 25 minutes. Just hope Taylor shakes off the covid for tuesday.

Case of Nominative determinism.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 92
tashee69
October 24, 2021, 11:10am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +955
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Cheers.

Last game of the season, he misses that chance, it costs us the game and Chesterfield go up automatically instead

A season is 44 games, if we’d have blown it, then you could easily blame other games as much as the last one, Maidenhead for example.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 92
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LJL.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.