October 24, 2021, 11:26am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,113
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
After seeing the miss on youtube, I wouldn't lay the blame at Lenny's door for the miss.

All those moaning about Lenny would have been the same people who used to moan at Livvo because he didn't score enough. As strikers there is more to a team game than just putting just scoring.

I can’t remember Lester scoring more than ten a season but he did a lot more than score
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 92
It Bites
October 24, 2021, 11:31am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,183
Gold Stars: 260
Having seen the miss if anyone is to blame it has to be JM . Although if it had come off everyone would of been purring about a wonderful team goal. Slagging LJL off is about as boring as slagging Macca off
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 92
Yoda
October 24, 2021, 12:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
To say he hasn’t played for a long period of time he’s done really well.
I think of a lot of teams at this level would snap him up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 92
lew chaterleys lover
October 24, 2021, 12:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Yoda
To say he hasn’t played for a long period of time he’s done really well.
I think of a lot of teams at this level would snap him up.

Seeing it again I didn't realise McAtee had so much space and all the time in the world to slam it past the keeper so I suppose Lennie was not expecting the pass at all. It was a bad miss, but not quite as bad given those circumstances. At 1-0, McAtee has to score there.

These are just observations, as I am absolutely made up with this team who are fast becoming one of my favourite Town sides, even allowing for the fact they are in the National League.

Yeovil were much better than anticipated and gave us a good test which we overcame.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 92
RonMariner
October 24, 2021, 1:07pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,665
Gold Stars: 226

Seeing it again I didn't realise McAtee had so much space and all the time in the world to slam it past the keeper so I suppose Lennie was not expecting the pass at all. It was a bad miss, but not quite as bad given those circumstances. At 1-0, McAtee has to score there.

Hurst agrees with you in his post match interview. And adds that it was not a good enough pass.

But then some of the posters on here think they know more about football than Hurst.........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 92
moosey_club
October 24, 2021, 1:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
He scored the penalty, was involved in the second goal and but for a great save from their keeper could have had an assist for Clifton.

He is LJL, trying to compare him to anyone else is pointless.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 92
RonMariner
October 24, 2021, 1:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,665
Anyone who thinks that was a ‘tap in’ is just plain stupid.

It took great awareness and athleticism to get into that position, and it was a bad pass from McAtee who should have buried it anyway.

So if you really must slag off our players, you should be having a go at McAtee who, by the way, has missed more penalties than Lenny this season.

Alternatively you could support the players who have taken us to the top of the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 92
HerveJosse
October 24, 2021, 2:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 143
What I got from Hursts post match interview was that he felt it necessary to big up Lenny and take Macatee down a notch.Will be interesting to see how they fair as a partnership going forward as we need it to work for the next two games at least .Mcatee excellent as he is has greatly benefited from playing with Taylor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 92
Bigdog
October 24, 2021, 3:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Great movement by both LJL and McAtee to create the opening. I don't think there was anything wrong with the pass, just Lenny was a tiny bit on his heels. Lenny will know he should have done better, both with his anticipation and execution. Understand people being over-protective of  LJL completely due to his honesty and workrate, but I can't believe people think we should be spurning chances like that. McAtee's awareness was just better in that situation.. You ask Lenny himself, he'll be beating himself up about it, and most probably rightly so..As a forward you dream of chances like that.. whatever level..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 92
Bigdog
October 24, 2021, 3:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HerveJosse
What I got from Hursts post match interview was that he felt it necessary to big up Lenny and take Macatee down a notch.Will be interesting to see how they fair as a partnership going forward as we need it to work for the next two games at least .Mcatee excellent as he is has greatly benefited from playing with Taylor.

Got a sneaky feeling that Hurst may play Bapaga, Sousa and McAtee in a front three on Tuesday night, like he did against Bromley. Just a hunch..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 92
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LJL.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.