Humbercod
October 24, 2021, 8:45am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Poojah

Indeed. The effigy of Jon-Paul Pittman at today’s game is testament to this.

As trolls go, I’ll admit you’re quite good at getting a rise out of people, but could you not just go and have a wànk or something instead? If only your dad had done that…

Come on bit over the top! Nothing wrong with that post give the guy a break.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 92
TheRealJohnLewis
October 24, 2021, 8:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
After seeing the miss on youtube, I wouldn't lay the blame at Lenny's door for the miss.

All those moaning about Lenny would have been the same people who used to moan at Livvo because he didn't score enough. As strikers there is more to a team game than just putting just scoring.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 92
Fillipe Noche
October 24, 2021, 8:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Humbercod

Cheers.

Last game of the season, he misses that chance, it costs us the game and Chesterfield go up automatically instead.
Then let’s see how the fickles react to Lenny. That understanding and fondness will count for nothing then.

To those that are suggesting that if he was scoring goals, he wouldn’t be playing for Grimsby, I give you this. Omar Bogle and Podge. Liam Hearn. Oh and whilst you are at it, Cheek at Bromley, Tshimanga at Chesterfield. Add into that McAtee and Taylor who are looking more than capable of getting somewhere near 20 goals this season.

Lenny is Lenny. Gives plenty but his finishing blots his copybook. Don’t excuse the miss by saying he was stretching. It was a tap in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 92
Poojah
October 24, 2021, 8:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Humbercod

If a player trying his best to carry out his duties for the club misses an important goal, is it “unforgivable”?

If the guy wants a break I’d suggest he stops pretending he used to be ‘someone’ at the club (he blatantly didn’t) and stops posting inflammatory bullshít designed to wind people up for no other reason than his own pathetic titillation. He’s the sort of character endemic of this modern digital age who I imagine when he’s not peddling his shíte on here is trolling the social media profiles of Little Mix, despite the fact the only shag he’s ever had was from his uncle.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 92
Fillipe Noche
October 24, 2021, 9:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Poojah

If a player trying his best to carry out his duties for the club misses an important goal, is it “unforgivable”?

If the guy wants a break I’d suggest he stops pretending he used to be ‘someone’ at the club (he blatantly didn’t) and stops posting inflammatory bullshít designed to wind people up for no other reason than his own pathetic titillation. He’s the sort of character endemic of this modern digital age who I imagine when he’s not peddling his shíte on here is trolling the social media profiles of Little Mix, despite the fact the only shag he’s ever had was from his uncle.

Pot kettle black from quite possible the most narcissistic person that spends most of his life on this message board

PS. I don’t want a break
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 92
Poojah
October 24, 2021, 9:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Pot kettle black from quite possible the most narcissistic person that spends most of his life on this message board

PS. I don’t want a break

Most of my life on this messageboard, with a daily post ratio a quarter of yours? Ok mate.

I’m not one to have personal digs at people on here, but I draw the line where their sole purpose is to disrupt the wider conversation in order to gain attention.

That, my friend, is narcissism.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 92
HertsGTFC
October 24, 2021, 9:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Cheers.

Last game of the season, he misses that chance, it costs us the game and Chesterfield go up automatically instead.
Then let’s see how the fickles react to Lenny. That understanding and fondness will count for nothing then.

To those that are suggesting that if he was scoring goals, he wouldn’t be playing for Grimsby, I give you this. Omar Bogle and Podge. Liam Hearn. Oh and whilst you are at it, Cheek at Bromley, Tshimanga at Chesterfield. Add into that McAtee and Taylor who are looking more than capable of getting somewhere near 20 goals this season.

Lenny is Lenny. Gives plenty but his finishing blots his copybook. Don’t excuse the miss by saying he was stretching. It was a tap in

What a stupid comment, I will guarantee that in any game he'll miss a chance, especially in this side who are creating lots more chances than we've done in years. All forwards do another hypothetical scenario based upon what we've seen this season to date "could be" that McAtee will miss a penalty.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 92
Ipswin
October 24, 2021, 9:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

All those moaning about Lenny would have been the same people who used to moan at Livvo because he didn't score enough. As strikers there is more to a team game than just putting just scoring.

Please! I can put up with all the simpering love for LJL but to even mention him in the same breath as Livvo is just too much. He is not fit to have laced Livvos boots, Livvo was a footballer

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 92
jimgtfc
October 24, 2021, 9:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 44
Agree with those saying it was a poor pass from McAtee, not sure why he’s not hitting that. Also yep, Lennie’s work rate is never in question, yesterday was no exception.

I think Paul Hurst has been spoiling us though. Ryan Taylor has shown us just how good a target man can be, and through no fault of his own, Lennie is no Taylor. The main difference between them is that John Lewis flicks it on or lays it off hoping someone will get on the end of it. Taylor flicks it on or lays it off knowing there’s someone on the end of it. He’s essential to the way we play and the perfect foil for your McAtee’s, Sousa’s and Bapaga’s.

I think if yesterday taught us anything, it’s how good Ryan Taylor is, not how poor Lennie is.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 92
mariner91
October 24, 2021, 9:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from jimgtfc
Agree with those saying it was a poor pass from McAtee, not sure why he’s not hitting that. Also yep, Lennie’s work rate is never in question, yesterday was no exception.

I think Paul Hurst has been spoiling us though. Ryan Taylor has shown us just how good a target man can be, and through no fault of his own, Lennie is no Taylor. The main difference between them is that John Lewis flicks it on or lays it off hoping someone will get on the end of it. Taylor flicks it on or lays it off knowing there’s someone on the end of it. He’s essential to the way we play and the perfect foil for your McAtee’s, Sousa’s and Bapaga’s.

I think if yesterday taught us anything, it’s how good Ryan Taylor is, not how poor Lennie is.

I think the bit about Taylor is the crux of the matter. There will not be a classier target man in this division and we really are spoilt to have him. Lenny is a little less refined but still does a job for us and creates space and havoc just through his sheer size and effort. But we do need another striker, can’t be going in to difficult games with no recognised striker available off the bench.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 92
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LJL.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.