10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
October 23, 2021, 7:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Everytime I see a negative post I'm posting this below.

Four points clear top of the league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 92
Phil the cod
October 23, 2021, 7:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
At least they're leaving Peter bore alone......
LJL helped us cope with the physical threat Yeovil had, most probably lost that game had Lennie not been picked.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 92
moosey_club
October 23, 2021, 7:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
He played...

He tried...

He wasn't lazy....

He scored....

3 points.

Utm

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 92
mariner91
October 23, 2021, 8:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261
He’s a great squad player and you know he will always give everything and be a nuisance for the opposition. I think we do need another striker but more just to give us something different from our strikers. And we are also very light in numbers up top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 92
Plankton
October 23, 2021, 8:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,213
Gold Stars: 38
You could see the look on his face how gutted he was when he didn't put that squared chance away. He was physical, kept the ball, opened up the play with passes and he just didn't get an open play goal. He did alright and we won the game.

I'm sure if someone said do you want to be top of the league, win a game 2-0 when playing average and the only thing to moan about is that it wasn't by a few more? We'd all have taken that at the beginning of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 92
Fillipe Noche
October 23, 2021, 8:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Love Lenny. Let’s face it we all love The Shop

Brings tonnes to the team and his work rate and physicality is brilliant. Did superb today in every area of his game, apart from the howler of a miss and one errant pass.

But, no matter how much we all love the guy, if he misses a chance like that and it costs us promotion, then I’m afraid it then becomes unforgivable.

It’s a horrible situation because we are all so fond of him and we are all willing him to do the business
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 92
HertsGTFC
October 23, 2021, 8:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Whatever some may think Lennie will be sat at home smiling knowing he scored in a winning performance, experienced forwards tend to focus on the positives rather than misses.

Every side especially at this level needs a LJL type player and he maybe should have put that chance away but I would imagine he was a bit surprised to see McAtee pass to be quite honest.

The chance where Clifton brought a really good save from their keeper was created by the work LJL did that’s all you need to know.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 92
LH
October 23, 2021, 8:50pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

But, no matter how much we all love the guy, if he misses a chance like that and it costs us promotion, then I’m afraid it then becomes unforgivable.  

Unforgiveable is allowing us to drop down into the Conference. Twice.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 92
Plankton
October 23, 2021, 8:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,213
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Whatever some may think Lennie will be sat at home smiling knowing he scored in a winning performance, experienced forwards tend to focus on the positives rather than misses.

Every side especially at this level needs a LJL type player and he maybe should have put that chance away but I would imagine he was a bit surprised to see McAtee pass to be quite honest.

The chance where Clifton brought a really good save from their keeper was created by the work LJL did that’s all you need to know.

Which is exactly what Hurst said in his interview that McAtee shouldn't be passing that ball. The fact that we can analyse one specific ball in a game we won 2-0 shows how far we've come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 92
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 23, 2021, 8:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,823
Gold Stars: 554
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Love Lenny. Let’s face it we all love The Shop

Brings tonnes to the team and his work rate and physicality is brilliant. Did superb today in every area of his game, apart from the howler of a miss and one errant pass.

It’s a horrible situation because we are all so fond of him and we are all willing him to do the business

Your drivel and nepotistic sycophancy is unforgivable. Missing a chance is never and never will be unforgivable.

Get a grip!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 92
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LJL.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.