18 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
October 22, 2021, 1:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.08
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,295
Gold Stars: 133
Have been given 1,255 seated tickets in the Osmond Stand.. Does thhis mean town fans will have a block or 2 in the osmond for the game.

Also to add a big thanks to Tiny Mariner for helping me with purchasing tickets for the game, wouldn't have been the same a trip bback 'home' without seeing the mighty mariners in action!
Logged Offline
Private Message
October 22, 2021, 1:46pm
Guest User
Holds 1884 so sounds like we may have the corner. Might depend on how quick or if they sell there initial allocation out.
Reply: 1 - 174
lukeo
October 22, 2021, 1:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1739
Holds 1884 so sounds like we may have the corner. Might depend on how quick or if they sell there initial allocation out.

Hopefully we're selling them from block E and working across. Atleast then if it's a urine poor turnout for them we can have more home fans 👊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 174
Kristine
October 22, 2021, 3:20pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
There won’t be any home fans in the Osmond for the County game.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 174
Poojah
October 22, 2021, 3:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +75 / -11
Approval: +29,118
Gold Stars: 1,488
Quoted from Kristine

I was going to make a joke and say that that sounds like a bet, but there is a serious point here. Though around 100, mostly restricted view tickets remain in the Main Stand for tomorrow’s game, we appear to have sold over 500 tickets in the Osmond which will probably be closer to 700 come kick-off time.

That means that even ignoring the likely greater demand for the Notts County game, we’d be turning away fans even with the two blocks near the Main Stand. Does this not in fact increase the chances of Town fans ending up amongst County fans in substantial numbers? I realise this is probably not the club’s decision, but it does feel like a potential oversight nonetheless.  

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 174
crusty ole pie
October 22, 2021, 3:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,294
Gold Stars: 62
Who the hell would believe this situation OUR GROUNDS NOT BIG ENOUGH there’s now only one way to guarantee a place in the stadium that’s to buy a season ticket.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 174
lukeo
October 22, 2021, 3:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Poojah

I was going to make a joke and say that that sounds like a bet, but there is a serious point here. Though around 100, mostly restricted view tickets remain in the Main Stand for tomorrow’s game, we appear to have sold over 500 tickets in the Osmond which will probably be closer to 700 come kick-off time.

That means that even ignoring the likely greater demand for the Notts County game, we’d be turning away fans even with the two blocks near the Main Stand. Does this not in fact increase the chances of Town fans ending up amongst County fans in substantial numbers? I realise this is probably not the club’s decision, but it does feel like a potential oversight nonetheless.  

Very good point.

Fao Kristine. Thanks for the information, I'm very lucky to have managed to get a ticket then! St holder for  10+ years, followed home and away aswell but now an exile so I deserve the tickets unlike all these fair whether fans Coming along 😉

--- just to confirm that last part is tongue in cheek. I'm loving the massive increase in interest! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 174
Fillipe Noche
October 22, 2021, 4:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Poojah

I agree
Shouldn’t be allowing Notts to have that many tickets in light of the demand there is for home tickets

Is this the first bit of an issue

If there us Town demand, then our fans should come first
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 174
Limerick Mariner
October 22, 2021, 4:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,502
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from Kristine

Possibility then, perhaps not likely admittedly, that the attendance tomorrow is bigger than the County game - if County have two bad results and sales for tomorrow continue apace...shame that this comes to pass that we can't share a stand with opposition fans with some seats left empty and some sensible stewarding.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 174
Poojah
October 22, 2021, 4:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +75 / -11
Approval: +29,118
Gold Stars: 1,488
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I agree
Shouldn’t be allowing Notts to have that many tickets in light of the demand there is for home tickets

Is this the first bit of an issue

If there us Town demand, then our fans should come first

I don’t think there’s an issue necessarily in the size of Notts County’s allocation - of the above figure of 1,255 is correct then we haven’t given them the whole stand, at least yet. Personally, if they are able to sell enough tickets for both sections of the Osmond then I’d be inclined to give them the full allocation, so long as there’s an agreement that they reciprocate for our away game in the new year.

I’m assuming the reason we’re being told of no Town fans in the Osmond is one of safety / segregation. My argument is that by denying home supporters seats which may otherwise remain empty, you run the risk of inflaming the situation and of Town fans obtaining tickets in the away end (which could get messy).

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 174
18 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts county

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.