Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts county
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 117 Guests

Notts county

This thread currently has 26,811 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
October 28, 2021, 3:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,374
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from acko338
I think that the front line needs a boost if McAtee is injured for a period of time, and Taylor is still isolating.

The Tuesday game has shown that we are short of a forward to fit in with the previous way of playing.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a young loan striker coming in for a month from an EFL side before Saturday.

Or someone older and experienced needing game time for a month after an injury?

Is it wrong to assume that both Taylor and Efete will be fit enough immediately after Covid positives ?

I can't see Essel being thrown in at the deep end unless as a sub.

Some more tough games coming up, where Town will need to have fit players in all areas.

both pro footballers of course, but when i got it, i tried going back to Sunday league straight away and i couldnt run for more than 10 minutes, i was copulated
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 174
TownSNAFU5
October 28, 2021, 3:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,872
Gold Stars: 42
I think that the term is "they are both available for selection".  This depends on their individual health, fitness and match fitness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 174
Mariner93er
October 28, 2021, 3:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Has it been confirmed that they’re the covid cases? Someone mentioned Efete and Longe-King before Saturday’s game and that could also be the case, in which case Taylor could just have a knock and Hurst’s trying to keep it on the down low and pop him back in for Saturday (wishful thinking maybe)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 174
Poojah
October 28, 2021, 4:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,463
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Doesn't sound like McAtee will be fit.  Hopefully it's not serious.
https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/1453715238948245508
The good news is that we have another two-week break from the league after County, which should at least give the Covid players enough time to get back to match fitness, provided they recover without any drama.  

It also negates the need to make a panic signing in my opinion.  A short-term loan signing would essentially be brought in solely for this weekend; after that they'll be second choice as long as McAtee and Taylor are indeed back for the next league game.  Would rather stick to the plan and make considered additions in January.

It’s a big game this one isn’t it, all things considered. Against a side which, whilst perhaps not doing quite as well as the pre-season odds would suggest, still has to be considered a rival.

Given the two week league break, you’d really want to avoid going into that period on the back of our first home defeat and first back-to-back defeat of the season. We should be setting up for three points, absolutely, but a draw wouldn’t be a terrible result (particularly if Chesterfield don’t win at Dagenham).

Not good timing to be without key players, though Notts have injury worries of their own, with Ruben Rodrigues a doubt for them.

The crowd needs to be on it from the off, even more so if we don’t start well. A few things have gone against us in recent games but we do have home advantage and we make it a big one. The return of fortress Blundell Park.

Come on Town!

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 174
pontoonlew
October 28, 2021, 5:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,980
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Mariner93er
Has it been confirmed that they’re the covid cases? Someone mentioned Efete and Longe-King before Saturday’s game and that could also be the case, in which case Taylor could just have a knock and Hurst’s trying to keep it on the down low and pop him back in for Saturday (wishful thinking maybe)

No idea why this has 3 x’s, it’s a perfectly reasonable point. Nobody knows if Taylor is the covid case and could be injured. (Granted the implications of that could be even worse)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 174
Maringer
October 28, 2021, 5:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
To be honest, I don't think getting a striker in on a short-term loan would necessarily be a panic signing, providing they can offer something. Hopefully, Taylor will be right back on it once his isolation has ended (assuming he has Covid) and McAtee's injury isn't bad, but even if they are available again in a week, we're clearly short of numbers. Having another "body in the building" would be very useful at present so the temptation to bring back either Taylor or McAtee before they are ready could be resisted. It hasn't taken much for us to get down to the bare bones up front and it wouldn't take much again, either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 174
pontoonlew
October 28, 2021, 5:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,980
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Maringer
To be honest, I don't think getting a striker in on a short-term loan would necessarily be a panic signing, providing they can offer something. Hopefully, Taylor will be right back on it once his isolation has ended (assuming he has Covid) and McAtee's injury isn't bad, but even if they are available again in a week, we're clearly short of numbers. Having another "body in the building" would be very useful at present so the temptation to bring back either Taylor or McAtee before they are ready could be resisted. It hasn't taken much for us to get down to the bare bones up front and it wouldn't take much again, either.

If we’d done it when a lot of people were seeing a situation like this coming over the hill a mile off then it wouldn’t have needed to be classed as a panic signing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 174
Poojah
October 28, 2021, 6:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,463
Gold Stars: 1,500
"More than 1,000" County tickets sold. Looks like they might fall a little shy of completely selling out, but it's certain to be the biggest away following and overall crowd of the season so far.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/tickets-grimsby-a-151021/

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 174
aldi_01
October 28, 2021, 6:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah
"More than 1,000" County tickets sold. Looks like they might fall a little shy of completely selling out, but it's certain to be the biggest away following and overall crowd of the season so far.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/tickets-grimsby-a-151021/

With the exception of probably Chesterfield, I’d imagine it’ll be the biggest away following all season…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 174
Humbercod
October 28, 2021, 6:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
I do worry about our attack on Saturday surely Hurst won’t play Lennie up on his own as suggested further down this thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 174
18 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts county

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.