18 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
lukeo
October 22, 2021, 1:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
Have been given 1,255 seated tickets in the Osmond Stand.. Does thhis mean town fans will have a block or 2 in the osmond for the game.

Also to add a big thanks to Tiny Mariner for helping me with purchasing tickets for the game, wouldn't have been the same a trip bback 'home' without seeing the mighty mariners in action!
Logged Online
Private Message
October 22, 2021, 1:46pm
Guest User
Holds 1884 so sounds like we may have the corner. Might depend on how quick or if they sell there initial allocation out.
Reply: 1 - 174
lukeo
October 22, 2021, 1:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1739
Holds 1884 so sounds like we may have the corner. Might depend on how quick or if they sell there initial allocation out.

Hopefully we're selling them from block E and working across. Atleast then if it's a urine poor turnout for them we can have more home fans 👊
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 174
Kristine
October 22, 2021, 3:20pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
There won’t be any home fans in the Osmond for the County game.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 174
Poojah
October 22, 2021, 3:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,422
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from Kristine

I was going to make a joke and say that that sounds like a bet, but there is a serious point here. Though around 100, mostly restricted view tickets remain in the Main Stand for tomorrow’s game, we appear to have sold over 500 tickets in the Osmond which will probably be closer to 700 come kick-off time.

That means that even ignoring the likely greater demand for the Notts County game, we’d be turning away fans even with the two blocks near the Main Stand. Does this not in fact increase the chances of Town fans ending up amongst County fans in substantial numbers? I realise this is probably not the club’s decision, but it does feel like a potential oversight nonetheless.  

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 174
crusty ole pie
October 22, 2021, 3:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Who the hell would believe this situation OUR GROUNDS NOT BIG ENOUGH there’s now only one way to guarantee a place in the stadium that’s to buy a season ticket.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 174
lukeo
October 22, 2021, 3:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Poojah

I was going to make a joke and say that that sounds like a bet, but there is a serious point here. Though around 100, mostly restricted view tickets remain in the Main Stand for tomorrow’s game, we appear to have sold over 500 tickets in the Osmond which will probably be closer to 700 come kick-off time.

That means that even ignoring the likely greater demand for the Notts County game, we’d be turning away fans even with the two blocks near the Main Stand. Does this not in fact increase the chances of Town fans ending up amongst County fans in substantial numbers? I realise this is probably not the club’s decision, but it does feel like a potential oversight nonetheless.  

Very good point.

Fao Kristine. Thanks for the information, I'm very lucky to have managed to get a ticket then! St holder for  10+ years, followed home and away aswell but now an exile so I deserve the tickets unlike all these fair whether fans Coming along 😉

--- just to confirm that last part is tongue in cheek. I'm loving the massive increase in interest! UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 174
Fillipe Noche
October 22, 2021, 4:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Poojah

I agree
Shouldn’t be allowing Notts to have that many tickets in light of the demand there is for home tickets

Is this the first bit of an issue

If there us Town demand, then our fans should come first
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 174
Limerick Mariner
October 22, 2021, 4:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,659
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Kristine

Possibility then, perhaps not likely admittedly, that the attendance tomorrow is bigger than the County game - if County have two bad results and sales for tomorrow continue apace...shame that this comes to pass that we can't share a stand with opposition fans with some seats left empty and some sensible stewarding.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 174
Poojah
October 22, 2021, 4:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I agree
Shouldn’t be allowing Notts to have that many tickets in light of the demand there is for home tickets

I don’t think there’s an issue necessarily in the size of Notts County’s allocation - of the above figure of 1,255 is correct then we haven’t given them the whole stand, at least yet. Personally, if they are able to sell enough tickets for both sections of the Osmond then I’d be inclined to give them the full allocation, so long as there’s an agreement that they reciprocate for our away game in the new year.

I’m assuming the reason we’re being told of no Town fans in the Osmond is one of safety / segregation. My argument is that by denying home supporters seats which may otherwise remain empty, you run the risk of inflaming the situation and of Town fans obtaining tickets in the away end (which could get messy).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 174
oochiad
October 22, 2021, 5:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
Surely no one in their right mind would go in with the Notts County fans…….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 174
Poojah
October 22, 2021, 5:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from oochiad
Surely no one in their right mind would go in with the Notts County fans…….

Absolutely, no one in their right mind would. So there’s your issue…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 174
Kristine
October 22, 2021, 5:27pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Poojah

Definitely not an oversight.  If match planning was easy, it'd make life much easier but part of the planning for this game is that the Osmond will remain solely for the use of away fans.    

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 174
Poojah
October 22, 2021, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Kristine

Definitely not an oversight.  If match planning was easy, it'd make life much easier but part of the planning for this game is that the Osmond will remain solely for the use of away fans.    

OK, fair enough Kristine - I'll get back in my box.

Certainly wasn't a criticism of you or the club. It'll be a shame if we have empty seats and Town fans unable to attend the game, I think we can all agree on that, but it sounds like it's unavoidable so fair enough.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 174
Bristol Mariner
October 22, 2021, 5:59pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I agree

As usual no fornicator agrees with a word you say

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 174
Fillipe Noche
October 22, 2021, 6:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Poojah

I don’t think there’s an issue necessarily in the size of Notts County’s allocation - of the above figure of 1,255 is correct then we haven’t given them the whole stand, at least yet. Personally, if they are able to sell enough tickets for both sections of the Osmond then I’d be inclined to give them the full allocation, so long as there’s an agreement that they reciprocate for our away game in the new year.

I’m assuming the reason we’re being told of no Town fans in the Osmond is one of safety / segregation. My argument is that by denying home supporters seats which may otherwise remain empty, you run the risk of inflaming the situation and of Town fans obtaining tickets in the away end (which could get messy).

Their ground is significantly larger than ours, and so they are in a position to let us have more than enough tickets

Our ground is very small, and so our fans must come first.

I’d allocate the small area towards the left of the Osmond for them, and the rest of it for us.

Look after your own first  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 174
Swansea_Mariner
October 22, 2021, 6:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Is there a national league requirement for us to make x% of the ground available to away fans?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 174
gtfc98
October 22, 2021, 6:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
It's time to bring the green seats back in the corners between the pontoon and main and the findus and pontoon. We actually need them!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 174
Oly1987
October 22, 2021, 6:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
I would imagine that allocation will be a preliminary amount with the option of giving them more should they sell out?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 174
crusty ole pie
October 22, 2021, 6:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from gtfc98
It's time to bring the green seats back in the corners between the pontoon and main and the findus and pontoon. We actually need them!

Let’s forget about th3 green seats they will be long gone and I can’t see the new owners wasting money on something temporary. If crowds remain high with regular osmand use then it will accelerate the decision on what todo with the main stand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 174
Swansea_Mariner
October 22, 2021, 7:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Let’s forget about th3 green seats they will be long gone and I can’t see the new owners wasting money on something temporary. If crowds remain high with regular osmand use then it will accelerate the decision on what todo with the main stand

Presumably they'd have to take the roof off to sort out  the views on those 300 seats, can't imagine that would be practical though, might be cheaper to build out one of the corners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 174
SuperJoeyWaters
October 22, 2021, 7:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +45
FTAO Kristine

Not sure if it has already been considered but as this game will surely be a sell out for the home fans, why not utilise all the seats in the directors section?
Seats can be used there for the match sponsors and match ball sponsors freeing up more seats they usually occupy further behind the directors
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 174
toontown
October 22, 2021, 7:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70

Temporary seating, If filled, would make money not lose it as people would have to pay to sit in it.

If it wasn't cost effective such things wouldn't exist.

On top of more money to be made in terms of programmes, food, drink etc. Not to mention allow more vocal home support and get more people involved in attending and thus involved in supporting town in future.
I don't know what the break even point would be to make it worthwhile though - depends if its a one off or for longer term I suppose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 174
Kristine
October 22, 2021, 7:29pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Poojah

OK, fair enough Kristine - I'll get back in my box.

Certainly wasn't a criticism of you or the club. It'll be a shame if we have empty seats and Town fans unable to attend the game, I think we can all agree on that, but it sounds like it's unavoidable so fair enough.

Haha no problem. Always ask questions, certainly wasn’t taken as a criticism

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 174
Kristine
October 22, 2021, 7:30pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from SuperJoeyWaters
FTAO Kristine

Not sure if it has already been considered but as this game will surely be a sell out for the home fans, why not utilise all the seats in the directors section?
Seats can be used there for the match sponsors and match ball sponsors freeing up more seats they usually occupy further behind the directors

Will be considered I’m sure

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 174
cod_head_doug
October 23, 2021, 12:12am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 3
here's a radical solution.
in the two open corners each side of the pontoon stand, why not get a local scaffolding company to put some steps in, to allow standing supporters.
we could get another 500 in the ground supporting Town.

Bobby Cummings is my hero ! The main reason I am a Cod Head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 174
immariner
October 23, 2021, 12:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,405
Gold Stars: 59
FAO Kristine. Why are the seats considered restricted view the same price as other seats? Shouldn't they be cheaper to relect the experience rather than it being a case of 'well we told you they were restricted, take it or leave it'. I had always assumed they were a quid or two cheaper, just feels fair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 174
lukeo
October 23, 2021, 12:58am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from immariner
FAO Kristine. Why are the seats considered restricted view the same price as other seats? Shouldn't they be cheaper to relect the experience rather than it being a case of 'well we told you they were restricted, take it or leave it'. I had always assumed they were a quid or two cheaper, just feels fair.

Tough one. We never have sold out before. Pre this season people could have bought the restricted viewed seats and then sat somewhere else. If its looking likely to be a regular home sell out I'm sure the club will look at this.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 174
TwoLeftFeet
October 23, 2021, 6:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,069
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from cod_head_doug
in the two open corners each side of the pontoon stand, why not get a local scaffolding company to put some steps in, to allow standing supporters.

The club isn't allowed to reintroduce standing areas without a change of government policy the club had to go all seater in 1995 because of being in the championship at the time..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 174
grimps
October 23, 2021, 6:31am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Who the hell would believe this situation OUR GROUNDS NOT BIG ENOUGH there’s now only one way to guarantee a place in the stadium that’s to buy a season ticket.

I’ve believed for years that the grounds not big enough , a club of our size and potential needs to have something nearly twice the capacity .
Our only problem has been lack of ambition over the last 29 years which has hopefully now come to an end .
If we had a decent  ground with good facilities and good parking ect we’d be getting a couple of thousand more than we will on Saturday.
People saying let’s fill the ground we’ve got first don’t realise that the current ground is actually holding us back even now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 174
Kristine
October 23, 2021, 8:19am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from cod_head_doug

Our licence is for an all seater stadium, we can’t

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 174
Kristine
October 23, 2021, 8:22am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from immariner

Although they are marked as restricted view, most are only restricted in quite a small way but they have to be marked as so

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 174
HerveJosse
October 23, 2021, 8:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,184
Gold Stars: 139
Can someone explain to me why if the stand is split into two sections one of three locks and one of two for segregation purposes and Notts are allocated are 1255 tickets which I think is what a section containing three blocks holds the rest can’t be used for home fans.Clearly there must be some other issue we are not aware of other then the current configuration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 174
Swansea_Mariner
October 23, 2021, 8:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from grimps

I’ve believed for years that the grounds not big enough , a club of our size and potential needs to have something nearly twice the capacity .
Our only problem has been lack of ambition over the last 29 years which has hopefully now come to an end .
If we had a decent  ground with good facilities and good parking ect we’d be getting a couple of thousand more than we will on Saturday.
People saying let’s fill the ground we’ve got first don’t realise that the current ground is actually holding us back even now

Totally agree with this, hopefully the new owners are starting to see this is a major hindrance to our progression as a club.

Saying ah well we're not selling those couple hundred seats with dreadful views is a non argument.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 174
grimps
October 23, 2021, 8:41am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from HerveJosse
Can someone explain to me why if the stand is split into two sections one of three locks and one of two for segregation purposes and Notts are allocated are 1255 tickets which I think is what a section containing three blocks holds the rest can’t be used for home fans.Clearly there must be some other issue we are not aware of other then the current configuration.

Most Prem clubs just have a line of stewards to separate fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 174
dicko995
October 23, 2021, 11:43am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
If there are any supporters attending the game from Nunsthorpe, allocate them seating on the roof, theyre used to that i,ll get my coat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 174
TinklerMan
October 23, 2021, 12:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +168
Gold Stars: 10
Not sure I have been following Grimsby Town long enough to have a valid opinion on this, but I will make a couple of points.

First of all I have got a feel for the history of the club from some of the many discussions that have taken place on this message board. I'd say that based on what I have read about the clubs decline in the recent history, especially under the previous ownership, that you now seem to have a very refreshing problem for a change. A great problem where you are no on the up, and debating concerns over the lack of tickets for home fans. Whilst it can be frustrating if you haven't got a ticket, what a great situation this is that you have gone into non-league and you are struggling with demand and now exceeding 7,000 fans.

Secondly, I tend to agree with those that have suggested that you need to look after your own first, when considering the amount of away fans you allow. Assuming of course there is no league rule on this. So I would give Notts the least amount of tickets that you are allowed to.

But then that gives rise to problems too, if you aren't 100% sure that you are going to sell the tickets that you was going to give to Notts. Because it's a sure bet that they would sell all of their allocation.

The test for that is games like Yeovil today. If you aren't able to full sell the biggest section of  the Osmond tickets to your home fans, then I would go with the clubs policy of maximising sales to away fans for the Notts game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 174
moosey_club
October 23, 2021, 12:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from lukeo

Tough one. We never have sold out before. Pre this season people could have bought the restricted viewed seats and then sat somewhere else. If its looking likely to be a regular home sell out I'm sure the club will look at this.

I am pretty sure no one would do that or buy a junior ticket when they are over age for that matter....we are all very trustworthy, honest and upstanding.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 174
moosey_club
October 23, 2021, 12:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TinklerMan
Not sure I have been following Grimsby Town long enough to have a valid opinion on this, but I will make a couple of points.

First of all I have got a feel for the history of the club from some of the many discussions that have taken place on this message board. I'd say that based on what I have read about the clubs decline in the recent history, especially under the previous ownership, that you now seem to have a very refreshing problem for a change. A great problem where you are no on the up, and debating concerns over the lack of tickets for home fans. Whilst it can be frustrating if you haven't got a ticket, what a great situation this is that you have gone into non-league and you are struggling with demand and now exceeding 7,000 fans.

Secondly, I tend to agree with those that have suggested that you need to look after your own first, when considering the amount of away fans you allow. Assuming of course there is no league rule on this. So I would give Notts the least amount of tickets that you are allowed to.

But then that gives rise to problems too, if you aren't 100% sure that you are going to sell the tickets that you was going to give to Notts. Because it's a sure bet that they would sell all of their allocation.

The test for that is games like Yeovil today. If you aren't able to full sell the biggest section of  the Osmond tickets to your home fans, then I would go with the clubs policy of maximising sales to away fans for the Notts game.

But you have to consider that the other club may take a mammary for tat approach and only offer a paltry amount of seats in the reverse fixture.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 174
AussieMariner
October 23, 2021, 12:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from TinklerMan

Agree with the sentiment but you can’t really use Yeovil as the yardstick because the most recent block in the Osmond was only made available today. It would have been more likely to sell out if it had been available at the same time as other home allocations,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 174
Heswall Mariner
October 23, 2021, 1:17pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Approval: +583
Gold Stars: 30
It looks like we are required to offer clubs 10% of our official capacity - 9546 say 950 seats.
That equals to some 50% of the Osmond.
The logistics of safe segregation would seem a major obstacle.
If there were any negative incidents we would be in trouble for failing to control fans.
We may as well offer all of the Osmond to those with a sizeable away following - thus benefitting financially & keeping everyone safe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 174
October 24, 2021, 2:55pm
Guest User
Lowers now sold out.
50 left in upper.
50 left in Pontoon.

Will be sold out in the home ends by Tuesday.

UTM
Reply: 41 - 174
dapperz fun pub
October 24, 2021, 9:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
How many free tickets are being given away each game ? Surely no freebies for this one … maybe Kristine would know ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 174
Poojah
October 24, 2021, 9:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Fewer than 350 tickets left almost a week out for an early season league game against Notts County. Honestly never thought I’d see the day.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 174
Croxton
October 24, 2021, 9:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
I may not make it to the Notts game. What notice does the ticket office need to sell my season ticket seat to someone else?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 174
Jaws
October 25, 2021, 10:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
223 tickets left. Not many for a Monday..
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 174
GollyGTFC
October 25, 2021, 4:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,978
Gold Stars: 356
133 tickets remain. 16 in the Upper & 117 in the Main. Pontoon & Lower sold out.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 46 - 174
moosey_club
October 25, 2021, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Should be a gate of around 5500 then ....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 174
The Yard Dog
October 25, 2021, 6:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
107 tickets left according GTFC seating plan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 174
mimma
October 25, 2021, 6:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
So, how many have we actually sold then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 174
forza ivano
October 25, 2021, 7:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from mimma
So, how many have we actually sold then?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 174
Mariner93er
October 25, 2021, 8:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
For the e-tickets, do you need to print them out? I was under the impression I could scan it on my phone but it says on the email I need to print them out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 174
gytone
October 25, 2021, 8:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,019
Gold Stars: 7
I know I it's been mentioned before, but why can't we utilise the seats directly behind the dugout in the main stand, there's quite a few there and they are always empty??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 174
hheh2
October 25, 2021, 8:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Were gonna need to employ the old green plastic corner stands again

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 174
Humbercod
October 25, 2021, 8:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Quoted from Mariner93er
For the e-tickets, do you need to print them out? I was under the impression I could scan it on my phone but it says on the email I need to print them out.

No if there’s a barcode on your email receipt that will do it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 174
Grim up north
October 25, 2021, 8:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
News on development of the Kasbah area of the docks should be announced soon. Along with the already announced conversion of the Ice factory, the future of the docks area looks to be very promising. Add in a few restaurants, a new stadium and for the first time in decades we see the Town start to catch up with the progress already seen in most over large towns across the country.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 174
toontown
October 25, 2021, 9:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from gytone
I know I it's been mentioned before, but why can't we utilise the seats directly behind the dugout in the main stand, there's quite a few there and they are always empty??

Isn't that a covid thing - they are for staff of the clubs and not to be used by fans? I thought that was the case anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 174
ginnywings
October 25, 2021, 9:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from toontown

Isn't that a covid thing - they are for staff of the clubs and not to be used by fans? I thought that was the case anyway

Yes, that is the reason.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 174
gytone
October 25, 2021, 9:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,019
Quoted from toontown

Right fair enough. Cheers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 174
TownSNAFU5
October 25, 2021, 9:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,848
Gold Stars: 42
Further to the above, all the big northern cities have reinvented themselves as modern places to live, work and study.  Liverpool and Hull have even been cities of culture.

No reason that Grimsby cannot regenerate with capital investment, the will and good ideas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 174
mimma
October 25, 2021, 9:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
It's the last bit, "good ideas" that let's us down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 174
easypeersy
October 25, 2021, 10:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Croxton
I may not make it to the Notts game. What notice does the ticket office need to sell my season ticket seat to someone else?

I offered that my season ticket seat could be sold to someone else for this match as I cannot make the game but the ticket office said this is not possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 174
denni266
October 25, 2021, 10:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Grim up north
News on development of the Kasbah area of the docks should be announced soon. Along with the already announced conversion of the Ice factory, the future of the docks area looks to be very promising. Add in a few restaurants, a new stadium and for the first time in decades we see the Town start to catch up with the progress already seen in most over large towns across the country.

Kasbah  , where in africa   never heared it called that and i worked on the docks for too many years to remember ..A Kasbah is  the citadel of a North African city.
"a town dominated by its ancient kasbah"  Not a row of shops that sell fish and clothing etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 174
Limerick Mariner
October 25, 2021, 10:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from denni266

Kasbah  , where in africa   never heared it called that and i worked on the docks for too many years to remember ..A Kasbah is  the citadel of a North African city.
"a town dominated by its ancient kasbah"  Not a row of shops that sell fish and clothing etc

Stadium would be rocking though...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 174
Grim up north
October 25, 2021, 10:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from denni266

Google it and the Grimsby Live article from a while back shows some good pics. Would look ace if developed similar to Hulls Humber street with bars and restaurants alongside restored listed buildings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 174
Heisenberg
October 25, 2021, 10:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,954
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Stadium would be rocking though...

Scun-nee don’t like it…….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 174
denni266
October 25, 2021, 10:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Grim up north

Google it and the Grimsby Live article from a while back shows some good pics. Would look ace if developed similar to Hulls Humber street with bars and restaurants alongside restored listed buildings.

Cant argue with it looking good ,,  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 174
Limerick Mariner
October 26, 2021, 12:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg

Scun-nee don’t like it…….

Who cares it's armagideon time for them...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 174
moss_side_mariner
October 26, 2021, 5:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Who cares it's armagideon time for them...

Yep! They’re going straight to hell.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 174
Ashby mariner
October 26, 2021, 6:11am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Anyone know how many county have sold?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 174
bedders78
October 26, 2021, 7:59am
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
No reason that Grimsby cannot regenerate with capital investment, the will and good ideas.

Belief as well, hopefully the football club revival will show people that things can improve in this area and it is not just a steady decline

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 174
Hagrid
October 26, 2021, 9:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,382
Gold Stars: 527
All rows in the lower seats 1-3 are not being sold for this fixture, so theres 21 off the gate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 174
NorthLondonMariner
October 26, 2021, 9:51am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
The job I had booked for sat canceled yesterday, managed to get the last seat in block C of the upper!!   UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 174
coddy60
October 26, 2021, 10:30am

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from denni266

It was definitely called the Kasbah when I worked down there early 90s...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 174
The Yard Dog
October 26, 2021, 4:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
25 home tickets available
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 174
Garth
October 26, 2021, 4:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Plus 500 seats that will remain empty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 174
supertown
October 26, 2021, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from coddy60

It was definitely called the Kasbah when I worked down there early 90s...

Yep it was. Not sure why though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 174
DB
October 27, 2021, 12:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,972
Gold Stars: 386
Ian Burchnall mentions the Town match at about 5.30 ins in.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38282211&page=9

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 174
lukeo
October 27, 2021, 8:54am
Season Ticket Holder
11 tickets remaining.. All scattered in the main with only one giving you a non restricted view.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 174
psgmariner
October 27, 2021, 12:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Balls i need 3 together.

Not read all the threads - is the osmond 100% away fans only on Saturday?

EDIT just read page 1.

Private Message
Reply: 79 - 174
psgmariner
October 27, 2021, 1:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Quoted from psgmariner
Balls i need 3 together.

Not read all the threads - is the osmond 100% away fans only on Saturday?

EDIT just read page 1.

For anyone without a ticket - just popped to the ticket office and back row of main stand (quite a few) are still available.  

Private Message
Reply: 80 - 174
Limerick Mariner
October 27, 2021, 2:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

For anyone without a ticket - just popped to the ticket office and back row of main stand (quite a few) are still available.  

H block of the Main. Now also online - not been released for general sale before. I’d understood this was the social distancing area only bookable in person.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 174
Youngy
October 27, 2021, 5:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Notts County reporting they've sold 900 thus far. Going to be a cracking atmosphere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 174
Poojah
October 27, 2021, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Youngy
Notts County reporting they've sold 900 thus far. Going to be a cracking atmosphere

950 as of this morning apparently. I’d imagine they’ll get pretty close to selling out, and may even request the extra section in the Osmond if we’ve given them that option. Great to see.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/tickets-grimsby-a-151021/

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 174
gtfc98
October 27, 2021, 7:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68

I didn't literally mean the same set of green seats.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 174
GollyGTFC
October 28, 2021, 8:27am

Whiskey Drinker
SOLD OUT for GTFC fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 85 - 174
lukeo
October 28, 2021, 8:59am
Season Ticket Holder
Are the club purposely not showing us its a home sell out to try help prevent home fans buying tickets in the away end.?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 174
Henryscat
October 28, 2021, 11:13am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from lukeo
Are the club purposely not showing us its a home sell out to try help prevent home fans buying tickets in the away end.?

No
https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1453662692087111687?s=21

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 174
quebec38
October 28, 2021, 12:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Be interesting to see who is out for the weekend.

Expecting McAtee is a certainty and fear for Clifton as well. I think Taylor misses the game still as well? All of a sudden I think it’s fair to say we are quite depleted.

Macca

Sears  Waterfall Towler Crooks

Hunt     Fox
Sousa        Clifton         Bapaga

Lenny

Hopefully we can field that at the least. If Clifton is out then I’m guessing Revan will replace him.

Still some quality players in there and I don’t see Notts as anything for us to worry too much about. Just wonder how much this side will be drilled in playing together but still confident of pinching a win.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 174
Roast Em Bobby
October 28, 2021, 12:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from quebec38
Be interesting to see who is out for the weekend.

Expecting McAtee is a certainty and fear for Clifton as well. I think Taylor misses the game still as well? All of a sudden I think it’s fair to say we are quite depleted.

Macca

Sears  Waterfall Towler Crooks

Hunt     Fox
Sousa        Clifton         Bapaga

Lenny

Hopefully we can field that at the least. If Clifton is out then I’m guessing Revan will replace him.

Still some quality players in there and I don’t see Notts as anything for us to worry too much about. Just wonder how much this side will be drilled in playing together but still confident of pinching a win.

If McAtee is out I think he might play Bapaga in that number 10 role, Clifton right midfield and Revan left midfield. I think he is maybe having some doubts over Sousa as a starter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 174
ska face
October 28, 2021, 12:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,547
Gold Stars: 838
Obvious change would be Bapaga in at 10 for McAtee, Clifton back in on the left.

Then again I’ve no idea what Notts are like or how they play, so anything could be on the cards.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 174
GollyGTFC
October 28, 2021, 1:01pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Obvious change would be Bapaga in at 10 for McAtee, Clifton back in on the left.

Then again I’ve no idea what Notts are like or how they play, so anything could be on the cards.

They try and play tippy tippy football.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 91 - 174
Heswall Mariner
October 28, 2021, 1:02pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Approval: +583
There is no questioning the defensive qualities of Sears & Crookes but it wouldn't surprise me to see Efete &/or Revan coming in a full back to give us something extra going forward..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 174
ska face
October 28, 2021, 1:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Pearson up top then.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 174
GollyGTFC
October 28, 2021, 1:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
There is no questioning the defensive qualities of Sears & Crookes but it wouldn't surprise me to see Efete &/or Revan coming in a full back to give us something extra going forward..

Efete has/had COVID and is unavailable. And Crookes is undroppable.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 94 - 174
GollyGTFC
October 28, 2021, 1:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Re: Notts County.

They sacked Neal Ardley after 27 matches last season with 26 counting on the league table after a defeat at Dover was expunged. Their record without the Dover defeat was W 13 D 7 L 6 Pts 46 PPG 1.70.

Ian Burchnall was appointed Head Coach and his current league record (excluding play-off last season) is P 29 W 13 D 7 L 9 Pts 46 PPG 1.59.

So not only has their PPG dropped by about 6.5% since he took over, but they also find themselves 3 places & 3 points behind Neal Ardley’s new club Solihull Moors in the table.

So that appointment is going well for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 95 - 174
Maringer
October 28, 2021, 1:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,398
Gold Stars: 184
If they are tippy-tappy, I wonder if we'll put 3 central midfielders in at the weekend? As he's not likely to be first choice most of the time, I'm not sure if Coke is ever likely to get up to speed this season. Older players who do well tend to be the ones playing week-in, week-out, keeping their fitness going at the right level. Despite this, I'd expect Coke to start on Saturday. Perhaps alongside Fox and Hunt? If so, you'd imagine the front 3 would be LJL with Sousa and Bapaga behind them. Assuming that McAtee isn't fit, of course. The relative lack of options does show the squad is a bit thin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 174
Hagrid
October 28, 2021, 2:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
harry owuld have played Tuesday if Hurst felt it was needed so im sure he'll be in from the start Saturday

Mcatee will be out, he got on the coach on Crutches, I hope we'll see a striker come in. If not, bapaga in the 10, clifton in on the left and id imagine hunt in for Coke, who i do like but he and fox are too similar
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 174
GollyGTFC
October 28, 2021, 2:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
If they are tippy-tappy, I wonder if we'll put 3 central midfielders in at the weekend? As he's not likely to be first choice most of the time, I'm not sure if Coke is ever likely to get up to speed this season. Older players who do well tend to be the ones playing week-in, week-out, keeping their fitness going at the right level. Despite this, I'd expect Coke to start on Saturday. Perhaps alongside Fox and Hunt? If so, you'd imagine the front 3 would be LJL with Sousa and Bapaga behind them. Assuming that McAtee isn't fit, of course. The relative lack of options does show the squad is a bit thin.

I did wonder if we’d play Hunt in the McAtee role and give him a more disciplined role to play. Particularly if we’re missing Clifton’s work rate on the left.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 98 - 174
Maringer
October 28, 2021, 2:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
Mcatee will be out, he got on the coach on Crutches, I hope we'll see a striker come in. If not, bapaga in the 10, clifton in on the left and id imagine hunt in for Coke, who i do like but he and fox are too similar

Providing Clifton is fit, I'd agree with that. What's happening regarding Spokes? Is he near the squad? I only bought coverage of a few games last year and none of the performances were particularly memorable so I'm not sure what sort of a player he is. As a young lad, you'd think he should be getting near the squad if he's up to the job but this doesn't seem to be the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 174
Poojah
October 28, 2021, 2:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Providing Clifton is fit, I'd agree with that. What's happening regarding Spokes? Is he near the squad? I only bought coverage of a few games last year and none of the performances were particularly memorable so I'm not sure what sort of a player he is. As a young lad, you'd think he should be getting near the squad if he's up to the job but this doesn't seem to be the case.

He’s in the squad. It just so happens to be Boston United’s where he’s currently on loan.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 174
Hagrid
October 28, 2021, 2:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

He’s in the squad. It just so happens to be Boston United’s where he’s currently on loan.

he's back at town. barely played in his month at Boston
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 174
Poojah
October 28, 2021, 2:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

he's back at town. barely played in his month at Boston

He played on Saturday. Didn’t know he was back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 174
GollyGTFC
October 28, 2021, 2:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Spokes came back last week.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 103 - 174
TownSNAFU5
October 28, 2021, 2:29pm
Vodka Drinker
The Trust have just announced food outlets for the match.

In the UF pre-ordered food can be delivered to your seat!.   Very innovative.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 174
Mariner93er
October 28, 2021, 2:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Think we’ll see a Clifton and hunt return and coke drop out. We really missed their energy levels which will be important against County. I actually think, if we can bounce back and play with the same intensity as in other games, playing tippy tally football might suit us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 174
Maringer
October 28, 2021, 2:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Hopefully, Hunt can regain his form from a few weeks ago. He was well below par against Yeovil and Hurst must have wanted to rest him against Wealdstone. I know he sits quite deep usually, but I'd like to see him getting into more advanced positions from time to time as we've seen how well he can hit the ball given the chance. Would be a good time for him to chip in with a goal or two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 174
acko338
October 28, 2021, 3:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
I think that the front line needs a boost if McAtee is injured for a period of time, and Taylor is still isolating.

The Tuesday game has shown that we are short of a forward to fit in with the previous way of playing.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a young loan striker coming in for a month from an EFL side before Saturday.

Or someone older and experienced needing game time for a month after an injury?

Is it wrong to assume that both Taylor and Efete will be fit enough immediately after Covid positives ?

I can't see Essel being thrown in at the deep end unless as a sub.

Some more tough games coming up, where Town will need to have fit players in all areas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 174
Southwark Mariner
October 28, 2021, 3:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The Trust have just announced food outlets for the match.

In the UF pre-ordered food can be delivered to your seat!.   Very innovative.

Should trial for Cleethorpes Cricket Team with throwing like that!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 174
MarinerDevil
October 28, 2021, 3:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,706
Gold Stars: 80
Doesn't sound like McAtee will be fit.  Hopefully it's not serious.
https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/1453715238948245508
The good news is that we have another two-week break from the league after County, which should at least give the Covid players enough time to get back to match fitness, provided they recover without any drama.  

It also negates the need to make a panic signing in my opinion.  A short-term loan signing would essentially be brought in solely for this weekend; after that they'll be second choice as long as McAtee and Taylor are indeed back for the next league game.  Would rather stick to the plan and make considered additions in January.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 174
Hagrid
October 28, 2021, 3:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from acko338
I think that the front line needs a boost if McAtee is injured for a period of time, and Taylor is still isolating.

The Tuesday game has shown that we are short of a forward to fit in with the previous way of playing.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a young loan striker coming in for a month from an EFL side before Saturday.

Or someone older and experienced needing game time for a month after an injury?

Is it wrong to assume that both Taylor and Efete will be fit enough immediately after Covid positives ?

I can't see Essel being thrown in at the deep end unless as a sub.

Some more tough games coming up, where Town will need to have fit players in all areas.

both pro footballers of course, but when i got it, i tried going back to Sunday league straight away and i couldnt run for more than 10 minutes, i was copulated
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 174
TownSNAFU5
October 28, 2021, 3:46pm
Vodka Drinker
I think that the term is "they are both available for selection".  This depends on their individual health, fitness and match fitness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 174
Mariner93er
October 28, 2021, 3:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Has it been confirmed that they’re the covid cases? Someone mentioned Efete and Longe-King before Saturday’s game and that could also be the case, in which case Taylor could just have a knock and Hurst’s trying to keep it on the down low and pop him back in for Saturday (wishful thinking maybe)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 174
Poojah
October 28, 2021, 4:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Doesn't sound like McAtee will be fit.  Hopefully it's not serious.
https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/1453715238948245508
The good news is that we have another two-week break from the league after County, which should at least give the Covid players enough time to get back to match fitness, provided they recover without any drama.  

It also negates the need to make a panic signing in my opinion.  A short-term loan signing would essentially be brought in solely for this weekend; after that they'll be second choice as long as McAtee and Taylor are indeed back for the next league game.  Would rather stick to the plan and make considered additions in January.

It’s a big game this one isn’t it, all things considered. Against a side which, whilst perhaps not doing quite as well as the pre-season odds would suggest, still has to be considered a rival.

Given the two week league break, you’d really want to avoid going into that period on the back of our first home defeat and first back-to-back defeat of the season. We should be setting up for three points, absolutely, but a draw wouldn’t be a terrible result (particularly if Chesterfield don’t win at Dagenham).

Not good timing to be without key players, though Notts have injury worries of their own, with Ruben Rodrigues a doubt for them.

The crowd needs to be on it from the off, even more so if we don’t start well. A few things have gone against us in recent games but we do have home advantage and we make it a big one. The return of fortress Blundell Park.

Come on Town!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 174
pontoonlew
October 28, 2021, 5:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,833
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from Mariner93er
Has it been confirmed that they’re the covid cases? Someone mentioned Efete and Longe-King before Saturday’s game and that could also be the case, in which case Taylor could just have a knock and Hurst’s trying to keep it on the down low and pop him back in for Saturday (wishful thinking maybe)

No idea why this has 3 x’s, it’s a perfectly reasonable point. Nobody knows if Taylor is the covid case and could be injured. (Granted the implications of that could be even worse)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 174
Maringer
October 28, 2021, 5:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
To be honest, I don't think getting a striker in on a short-term loan would necessarily be a panic signing, providing they can offer something. Hopefully, Taylor will be right back on it once his isolation has ended (assuming he has Covid) and McAtee's injury isn't bad, but even if they are available again in a week, we're clearly short of numbers. Having another "body in the building" would be very useful at present so the temptation to bring back either Taylor or McAtee before they are ready could be resisted. It hasn't taken much for us to get down to the bare bones up front and it wouldn't take much again, either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 174
pontoonlew
October 28, 2021, 5:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,833
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from Maringer
To be honest, I don't think getting a striker in on a short-term loan would necessarily be a panic signing, providing they can offer something. Hopefully, Taylor will be right back on it once his isolation has ended (assuming he has Covid) and McAtee's injury isn't bad, but even if they are available again in a week, we're clearly short of numbers. Having another "body in the building" would be very useful at present so the temptation to bring back either Taylor or McAtee before they are ready could be resisted. It hasn't taken much for us to get down to the bare bones up front and it wouldn't take much again, either.

If we’d done it when a lot of people were seeing a situation like this coming over the hill a mile off then it wouldn’t have needed to be classed as a panic signing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 174
Poojah
October 28, 2021, 6:16pm
Vodka Drinker
"More than 1,000" County tickets sold. Looks like they might fall a little shy of completely selling out, but it's certain to be the biggest away following and overall crowd of the season so far.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 174
aldi_01
October 28, 2021, 6:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah
"More than 1,000" County tickets sold. Looks like they might fall a little shy of completely selling out, but it's certain to be the biggest away following and overall crowd of the season so far.

With the exception of probably Chesterfield, I’d imagine it’ll be the biggest away following all season…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 174
Humbercod
October 28, 2021, 6:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
I do worry about our attack on Saturday surely Hurst won’t play Lennie up on his own as suggested further down this thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 174
ginnywings
October 28, 2021, 7:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from pontoonlew

No idea why this has 3 x’s, it’s a perfectly reasonable point. Nobody knows if Taylor is the covid case and could be injured. (Granted the implications of that could be even worse)

He is.

As for Notts, they have the highest possession rate in the league, so the fans will have to show some patience at times. They do blow hot and cold though judging by their results, so let's hope they don't have one of their hot days on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 174
lukeo
October 28, 2021, 7:25pm
Season Ticket Holder
A little bit annoying and disappointing if county sell less than 1200. Over 6000 empty seats.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 174
ginnywings
October 28, 2021, 7:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from lukeo
A little bit annoying and disappointing if county sell less than 1200. Over 6000 empty seats.  

Has the ground got bigger overnight?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 174
lukeo
October 28, 2021, 7:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
600* 😂
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 174
ginnywings
October 28, 2021, 7:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from lukeo
600* 😂

The first two rows of seats have been covered with a tarp today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 174
lukeo
October 28, 2021, 7:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Ok, i totally understand safety measures etc. So I assume the whole osmond bottom 2 rows aree tapped up and they're to spread out over the 5-6 blocks above them? Possibly leaving the last block near the main empty
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 174
lew chaterleys lover
October 28, 2021, 8:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Just a thought - what day did Taylor test positive? Does anybody know for definite? If it was the start to the middle of last week the 10 days would be up. It was in the build-up to the Yeovil game when we knew about covid in the camp but maybe he was tested positive earlier than we thought?

Assuming he would be fit enough to play and hasn't been poorly with it of course.

I think Taylor has been our most influential player and it is a big blow to be without him.
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 174
ska face
October 28, 2021, 8:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

I know it’s a bit small time to be going on about crowd numbers, but I can’t understand how these can be getting 7k at home and fail to sell 1200 for a game less than 2 hours away at 3pm on a Saturday?
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 174
ginnywings
October 28, 2021, 8:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Just a thought - what day did Taylor test positive? Does anybody know for definite? If it was the start to the middle of last week the 10 days would be up. It was in the build-up to the Yeovil game when we knew about covid in the camp but maybe he was tested positive earlier than we thought?

Assuming he would be fit enough to play and hasn't been poorly with it of course.

I think Taylor has been our most influential player and it is a big blow to be without him.

I heard about it at the end of last week; Thursday or Friday I think, when I was at the ground doing some work. Don't know what day the diagnosis was though. Would think it will be pretty close to the ten days being up, but Hurst himself said in an interview last week that the covid affected players would be out until after the County game. Think he will only miss out by a whisker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 174
HertsGTFC
October 28, 2021, 8:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from ska face

I know it’s a bit small time to be going on about crowd numbers, but I can’t understand how these can be getting 7k at home and fail to sell 1200 for a game less than 2 hours away at 3pm on a Saturday?

I’ve got a mate who’s a STH at Notts County he doesn’t expect them to get a result so has deceived to go on the p1ss for the weekend in London instead.

Apparently a lot of their supporters are underwhelmed with their start, agree though you’d expect them to at least get close to selling all of their allocation.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 174
LH
October 28, 2021, 8:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
They’ve hardly ever travelled well here. I can only remember one where they brought four figures in the last 15 or so years?
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 174
Humbercod
October 28, 2021, 9:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face

They only got 7k last week because of the large Stockport county following, they seem to do match specials as well looking at their website next home game £5 for an adult under 16 for a £1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 174
Poojah
October 28, 2021, 9:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

They only got 7k last week because of the large Stockport county following, they seem to do match specials as well looking at their website next home game £5 for an adult under 16 for a £1

They currently average a couple of hundred more than us (including that decent Stockport following), but that should change with a 7,000+ crowd on Saturday. After that, we should leapfrog both County’s to be the second best supported side in the division, behind Wrexham.

Over the last 10 years or so, Town must be one of the best supported sides in terms of away followings as a percentage of home crowds. Even with our improved followings this season we must be close to 20%, despite most away games either being a good track or on a Tuesday night (or both).

It’s hard to compare as the further you go up the leagues the more away capacities begin to limit things, but I wouldn’t be surprised if our away:home support ratio is the best in the country, this despite the best home crowds BP has seen in decades.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 174
Southwark Mariner
October 28, 2021, 11:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Quoted from Poojah

They currently average a couple of hundred more than us (including that decent Stockport following), but that should change with a 7,000+ crowd on Saturday. After that, we should leapfrog both County’s to be the second best supported side in the division, behind Wrexham.

Best in England
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 174
Poojah
October 29, 2021, 10:45am
Vodka Drinker
"More than 1,100 sold" by County as of this morning, with a few hours of sales left. In theory, that's a smidge over 8,000 tickets sold for tomorrow based on the official home capacity of 6,893 - be interesting to see how that translates into tomorrow's attendance. It has to be north of 7,000, Shirley!?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 174
Hagrid
October 29, 2021, 10:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
some twit trying to sell 2 tickets on Facebook tomorrow for 50 quid, how desperate can you be to try make a small profit on your own fanbase
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 174
Theimperialcoroner
October 29, 2021, 10:48am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,140
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Hagrid
some twit trying to sell 2 tickets on Facebook tomorrow for 50 quid, how desperate can you be to try make a small profit on your own fanbase

Bet it’s Fenty

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 174
Poojah
October 29, 2021, 10:58am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

Selling your soul for a £10 profit. Tells you a lot about that person.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 174
TwoLeftFeet
October 29, 2021, 11:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Approval: +2,069
Gold Stars: 18
Ticket tout at BP never thought I would see that happen...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 174
Hagrid
October 29, 2021, 11:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Bet it’s Fenty

bloke called lewis pexman. he's quite rightly being scolded
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 174
Mariner_09
October 29, 2021, 11:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from lukeo
11 tickets remaining.. All scattered in the main with only one giving you a non restricted view.

All the seats are restricted view in the Main Stand!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 174
Mariner93er
October 29, 2021, 12:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Notts preview of the game - apparently we’re overachieving although I’d love to know how they work out all these stats. One thing in our favour I think is that, if we struggle going forward, we can usually rely on our defence, whereas they concede more. Will be an interesting game tomorrow.

https://www.nottscountystats.com/post/preview-grimsby-town-a
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 174
RobDef1
October 29, 2021, 1:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Approval: +1,115
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Hagrid

bloke called lewis pexman. he's quite rightly being scolded

I know Lewis personally. Although I haven't spoken to him for some time, last I heard he was living in Manchester raising a new born. Could be a million reasons why he wants rid of those tickets. I think I paid 50 quid for my Scunny away ticket. Things happen and everyone has an opinion but judgement is as poisonous as greed in our society.

Codhead, socialist, recovered addict.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 174
Hagrid
October 29, 2021, 1:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RobDef1

I know Lewis personally. Although I haven't spoken to him for some time, last I heard he was living in Manchester raising a new born. Could be a million reasons why he wants rid of those tickets. I think I paid 50 quid for my Scunny away ticket. Things happen and everyone has an opinion but judgement is as poisonous as greed in our society.

yeah there could be, but sell them at face value, dont make a small poxy profit on your own fanbase
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 174
KingstonMariner
October 29, 2021, 1:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Is it not illegal to sell your tickets at a profit? At the very least it’s a breach of the implied contract you make with the club when you buy tickets.

Mr Pexman would be well advised to stop selling them at a profit.

Apart from that Rob, there’s the issue that if this sort of thing flourishes, lots of other people raising families of their own won’t be able to afford to go.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 174
oochiad
October 29, 2021, 1:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
I’ve seen someone also wanting to buy a ticket and offering to pay double on FB……..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 174
GollyGTFC
October 29, 2021, 1:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Mariner93er
Notts preview of the game - apparently we’re overachieving although I’d love to know how they work out all these stats. One thing in our favour I think is that, if we struggle going forward, we can usually rely on our defence, whereas they concede more. Will be an interesting game tomorrow.

I see he's an xG fan. The stat loved by fans of unsuccessful clubs who are clutching at the straw of them just being unlikely rather than them being shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 146 - 174
Poojah
October 29, 2021, 1:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mariner93er

Bit too heavy on the made up stats. I’d be surprised if stats such as xG were remotely reliable at this level.

One simple stat; neither Town or Notts have beaten a top 8 side this season (granted we’ve only played Bromley), so it will be interesting to see how that pans out. Incidentally though, they’ve picked up the vast majority of their points against the bottom 8 - they’ve been flat track bullies thus far.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 174
RobDef1
October 29, 2021, 1:43pm

Table Wine Drinker
Fully appreciate both comments above regarding selling at a profit. He's not the first to do it and neither is he making a lot of money. Could it be the case that he's covering costs of travel or am I just making excuses for my mate? Plenty of hard working people with families already can't afford to go, so I don't really buy that. I'd be less inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt if he were doubling the price. Even then, people are willing to pay and we live in a capitalist society so...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 174
GollyGTFC
October 29, 2021, 1:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Bit too heavy on the made up stats. I’d be surprised if stats such as xG were remotely reliable at this level.

One simple stat; neither Town or Notts have beaten a top 8 side this season (granted we’ve only played Bromley), so it will be interesting to see how that pans out. Incidentally though, they’ve picked up the vast majority of their points against the bottom 8 - they’ve been flat track bullies thus far.

I don't think xG is reliable or relevant at any level. Didn't Brighton finish 5th on the xG Premier League table last season when in reality they finished 16th?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 149 - 174
GollyGTFC
October 29, 2021, 1:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from RobDef1
Fully appreciate both comments above regarding selling at a profit. He's not the first to do it and neither is he making a lot of money. Could it be the case that he's covering costs of travel or am I just making excuses for my mate? Plenty of hard working people with families already can't afford to go, so I don't really buy that. I'd be less inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt if he were doubling the price. Even then, people are willing to pay and we live in a capitalist society so...

Reselling (touting) football match tickets is illegal in the UK. I appreciate that football is the only industry where that's the case, but if this individual can no longer attend Saturday's match I'm sure the club would be happy to offer a refund (even if it's only a voucher against future match tickets) and sell the 2 seats to GTFC fans who have not got tickets.

Most clubs ban supporters who are foolish enough to attempt to resell tickets in such a way.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 150 - 174
Poojah
October 29, 2021, 1:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Reselling (touting) football match tickets is illegal in the UK. I appreciate that football is the only industry where that's the case, but if this individual can no longer attend Saturday's match I'm sure the club would be happy to offer a refund (even if it's only a voucher against future match tickets) and sell the 2 seats to GTFC fans who have not got tickets.

Most clubs ban supporters who are foolish enough to attempt to resell tickets in such a way.

I don’t want to throw complex legal terminology, but it’s what’s known in barristerial circles as “a right cúnt’s trick”.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 174
TownSNAFU5
October 29, 2021, 2:19pm
Vodka Drinker
The County analysis is interesting.   Only theory though when the match kicks off.  As Mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched on the nose.

County say that we are very efficient at taking and converting chances into goals.  Or just very lucky.  No team can be that lucky.  We have class strikers who score good goals.  Our runs at pace into the box also earn us a well above average number of penalties.

I see Wrexham have a plan to get to the Premier League. They want to dream big.  A Hollywood film would no doubt follow if this was achieved.  After about 11 seasons in NL, they should try smaller steps and just try and get into the EFL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 174
aldi_01
October 29, 2021, 2:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

This does happen though, and plenty of folk watch too clubs by using ST held by others. I’ve a mate who’s a ST at old Trafford…the season ticket seats around him have different folk regularly, not Becauee the club resell tickets but because the holders sell them, face value but nonetheless.

It’s strange isn’t it, I agree; trying to profit on a non league game is a bit weird and greedy.

When I saw Orlando City, my tickets were season ticket holder seats I bought on stub hub. I asked the club what would happen if the ST holder decided to turn up but apparently, once the ticket was emailed to me, theirs became invalid.

It’s very different though isn’t? Talking about demand for tickets…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 174
forza ivano
October 29, 2021, 2:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
I seem to have found myself in a parallel universe.
In this new weird world fellow gtfc fans are discussing the touting of gtfc tickets at blundell park.
Next, you will be telling me that we have owners ,a club and a team to be proud of, with sell out home crowds and we are top of the league😂😂😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 174
KingstonMariner
October 29, 2021, 3:33pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from RobDef1

That’s a fallacious argument Rob. It doesn’t help the situation if even more people can’t afford to go because someone with deeper pockets can afford to snap up tickets above face value.  Your mate might be doing this innocently, but it’s potentially part of a bigger picture. If people can get away with buying tickets and flogging them for a profit they will do. Once it starts then tickets at face value become even scarcer pushing the black market value up further. It’s not in fans’ interests to turn a blind eye.

Your mate won’t have travel costs if he’s selling those tickets because he won’t be using them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 174
aldi_01
October 29, 2021, 3:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That’s a fallacious argument Rob. It doesn’t help the situation if even more people can’t afford to go because someone with deeper pockets can afford to snap up tickets above face value.  Your mate might be doing this innocently, but it’s potentially part of a bigger picture. If people can get away with buying tickets and flogging them for a profit they will do. Once it starts then tickets at face value become even scarcer pushing the black market value up further. It’s not in fans’ interests to turn a blind eye.

Your mate won’t have travel costs if he’s selling those tickets because he won’t be using them.

Remember when the club celebrated the famous ticket tout?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 174
Davec
October 29, 2021, 3:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440

He may still have travel costs as if he got train tickets, some of them are non refundable but that does not make selling the tickets at higher than face value ok, if he can't go he should sell them for face value, attempting to make a profit from fans is disgusting.

If he has already booked train tickets and he can't go then tough, that's the risk he takes when booking tickets.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 174
ska face
October 29, 2021, 4:05pm

Vodka Drinker
I’m afraid he’s going in tomorrow’s half-time wicker man with the new telegraph reporter & Mr White Jumper from Tuesday.
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 174
chaos33
October 29, 2021, 4:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
😂 Brilliant Ska!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 174
RobDef1
October 29, 2021, 5:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
All fair points, we are talking about a tenner though. I appreciate ticket touting is a dangerous and slippery slope. Conceded.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 174
Norseman
October 29, 2021, 10:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +275
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The County analysis is interesting.   Only theory though when the match kicks off.  As Mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched on the nose.

County say that we are very efficient at taking and converting chances into goals.  Or just very lucky.  No team can be that lucky.  We have class strikers who score good goals.  Our runs at pace into the box also earn us a well above average number of penalties.

I see Wrexham have a plan to get to the Premier League. They want to dream big.  A Hollywood film would no doubt follow if this was achieved.  After about 11 seasons in NL, they should try smaller steps and just try and get into the EFL.

Ordinarily you would be right but we don't have any strikers for tomorrow's game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 174
MarinerRob
October 30, 2021, 11:32am
Snakebite drinker
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
I will miss today's game because I have tested positive for Covid. Which considering the precautions I take when I go to football is surprising. On the train I wear a mask, likewise as I come into Blundell Park and go to the toilet I wear a mask. I stand out like a sore thumb with my mask on. During the game I don't wear a mask as we are all facing forward in an outdoor area.

I went to Wealdstone on Tuesday. Again I had a mask on throughout except when  seated. I chose a seat at the back of the stand in front of the walkway so there was no one in front of me. I can't think where else I may have got it. The only other place I went was for my Covid booster on Wednesday. I had been taking a lateral flow test each day since Sunday and were clear until Thursday morning.

It is unlikely I will be back for a long time as my wife is paranoid about Covid. When I came home from a game I had to sleep in the spare room and I assured her the chances of getting Covid were slim. I have been prove wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 174
lukeo
October 30, 2021, 12:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from MarinerRob
I will miss today's game because I have tested positive for Covid. Which considering the precautions I take when I go to football is surprising. On the train I wear a mask, likewise as I come into Blundell Park and go to the toilet I wear a mask. I stand out like a sore thumb with my mask on. During the game I don't wear a mask as we are all facing forward in an outdoor area.

I went to Wealdstone on Tuesday. Again I had a mask on throughout except when  seated. I chose a seat at the back of the stand in front of the walkway so there was no one in front of me. I can't think where else I may have got it. The only other place I went was for my Covid booster on Wednesday. I had been taking a lateral flow test each day since Sunday and were clear until Thursday morning.

It is unlikely I will be back for a long time as my wife is paranoid about Covid. When I came home from a game I had to sleep in the spare room and I assured her the chances of getting Covid were slim. I have been prove wrong.

Sorry to hear this Rob, how are youu feeling in yourself?
Covid is just such a bizarre thing. I've been at school with 8 of the children in my class with covid, I've been to zoos, town at Torquay, local footballl matches every Saturday and Sunday yet I've never tested positive. My friends wife had it, they still shared the same bed.. He never got it. 🤔
Anyway. Hope you recover quickly fella.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 174
MarinerRob
October 30, 2021, 12:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from lukeo

Sorry to hear this Rob, how are youu feeling in yourself?
Covid is just such a bizarre thing. I've been at school with 8 of the children in my class with covid, I've been to zoos, town at Torquay, local footballl matches every Saturday and Sunday yet I've never tested positive. My friends wife had it, they still shared the same bed.. He never got it. 🤔
Anyway. Hope you recover quickly fella.

Just a little tired at the moment with some aches. More frustration about how I got it. Thanks for the good wishes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 174
Humbercod
October 30, 2021, 1:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Maybe don’t wear a mask
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 174
chaos33
October 30, 2021, 1:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Yeah great advice. Give it to others eh.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 174
Hagrid
October 30, 2021, 1:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
Maybe don’t wear a mask

Wear what he wants to wear nothing to do with you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 174
marinerjase
October 30, 2021, 1:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,629
Gold Stars: 147
My own personal take on it is whether you wear a mask, or not - follow ‘safe’ procedures or not -,you’re just as susceptible to catching it as anyone else. Think it’s all down to each individuals immune system. Key word is individual - everyone is different. Do hope the fella above is alright, I myself got ‘pinged’ as being in contact with someone who tested positive on 23rd - only place I went is the fanzone and the game. Thankfully all negative but I don’t think it should be seen as a surprise that the risk is there when attending large crowd events. But do you stop living for the fear/risk or carry on as you normally would? It’s not going to stop me going anywhere personally, after all - could get hit by a bus tomorrow for example..but I do also understand the trepidation some feel. A vast majority are living ‘normally’ - ie no masks, distancing - think everyone’s had enough of the restrictions a long time ago, whether that’s right or not - who’s to say - and again degree of sympathy to those who still follow the ‘rules’ and are at risk.

I’m not sure the experts/scientists can conclusively say what’s happening/ or predict - and I can understand the trepidation and concern of inoculations, given there’s no way anyone can say for definite there’s no long term implications. But we’re being told it’s to lessen symptoms and protect NHS, so in that respect you feel duty bound to have them. Again - it’s a personal choice - don’t think there’s a right or wrong in whatever anyone decides.  

Think this thing is a way of life now, it won’t be going anywhere - so it’s up to folk to do what’s best for them, but living in fear of it doesn’t (in my view) seem a nice way of living. Anyway - best wishes to anyone affected be it now, past or in future.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 174
Brazilnut
October 30, 2021, 2:15pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Quoted from MarinerRob

My thoughts are with you mate , I really hope you get a very mild illness and it does not make the leap to your lass, not only for her health  but also for your sanity  because you will probably torture yourself if the wife got it ..... but not as much as the told you so's from the wife will  torture you tho ......anyway best of luck mate

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 174
ginnywings
October 30, 2021, 2:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
I've felt dreadful all week but tested negative for covid. Lots of nasty sh1t going round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 174
The Yard Dog
October 30, 2021, 2:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Brazilnut

My thoughts are with you mate , I really hope you get a very mild illness and it does not make the leap to your lass, not only for her health  but also for your sanity  because you will probably torture yourself if the wife got it ..... but not as much as the told you so's from the wife will  torture you tho ......anyway best of luck mate

I have to isolate for next 3 days, just been over to Castle Hill for PCR test, having a operation on Tuesday.

So its listen to the Mariners, while watching England v Australia with the sound off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 174
KingstonMariner
October 30, 2021, 4:17pm
Meths Drinker
Hope you recover soon Rob and your wife doesn’t catch it. Sounds like you’ve been doing the decent thing. Just bad luck.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 174
KingstonMariner
October 30, 2021, 4:18pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from The Yard Dog

I have to isolate for next 3 days, just been over to Castle Hill for PCR test, having a operation on Tuesday.

So its listen to the Mariners, while watching England v Australia with the sound off.

Good luck for the test and the op

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 174
MarinerRob
October 30, 2021, 4:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Hope you recover soon Rob and your wife doesn’t catch it. Sounds like you’ve been doing the decent thing. Just bad luck.

I'm praying my wife doesn't get it as she has so many ailments.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 174
18 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts county

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.