GollyGTFC
October 29, 2021, 1:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from RobDef1
Fully appreciate both comments above regarding selling at a profit. He's not the first to do it and neither is he making a lot of money. Could it be the case that he's covering costs of travel or am I just making excuses for my mate? Plenty of hard working people with families already can't afford to go, so I don't really buy that. I'd be less inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt if he were doubling the price. Even then, people are willing to pay and we live in a capitalist society so...

Reselling (touting) football match tickets is illegal in the UK. I appreciate that football is the only industry where that's the case, but if this individual can no longer attend Saturday's match I'm sure the club would be happy to offer a refund (even if it's only a voucher against future match tickets) and sell the 2 seats to GTFC fans who have not got tickets.

Most clubs ban supporters who are foolish enough to attempt to resell tickets in such a way.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 150 - 174
Poojah
October 29, 2021, 1:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,533
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Reselling (touting) football match tickets is illegal in the UK. I appreciate that football is the only industry where that's the case, but if this individual can no longer attend Saturday's match I'm sure the club would be happy to offer a refund (even if it's only a voucher against future match tickets) and sell the 2 seats to GTFC fans who have not got tickets.

Most clubs ban supporters who are foolish enough to attempt to resell tickets in such a way.

I don’t want to throw complex legal terminology, but it’s what’s known in barristerial circles as “a right cúnt’s trick”.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 174
TownSNAFU5
October 29, 2021, 2:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,879
Gold Stars: 42
The County analysis is interesting.   Only theory though when the match kicks off.  As Mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched on the nose.

County say that we are very efficient at taking and converting chances into goals.  Or just very lucky.  No team can be that lucky.  We have class strikers who score good goals.  Our runs at pace into the box also earn us a well above average number of penalties.

I see Wrexham have a plan to get to the Premier League. They want to dream big.  A Hollywood film would no doubt follow if this was achieved.  After about 11 seasons in NL, they should try smaller steps and just try and get into the EFL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 174
aldi_01
October 29, 2021, 2:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GollyGTFC

This does happen though, and plenty of folk watch too clubs by using ST held by others. I’ve a mate who’s a ST at old Trafford…the season ticket seats around him have different folk regularly, not Becauee the club resell tickets but because the holders sell them, face value but nonetheless.

It’s strange isn’t it, I agree; trying to profit on a non league game is a bit weird and greedy.

When I saw Orlando City, my tickets were season ticket holder seats I bought on stub hub. I asked the club what would happen if the ST holder decided to turn up but apparently, once the ticket was emailed to me, theirs became invalid.

It’s very different though isn’t? Talking about demand for tickets…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 174
forza ivano
October 29, 2021, 2:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
I seem to have found myself in a parallel universe.
In this new weird world fellow gtfc fans are discussing the touting of gtfc tickets at blundell park.
Next, you will be telling me that we have owners ,a club and a team to be proud of, with sell out home crowds and we are top of the league😂😂😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 174
KingstonMariner
October 29, 2021, 3:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from RobDef1
Fully appreciate both comments above regarding selling at a profit. He's not the first to do it and neither is he making a lot of money. Could it be the case that he's covering costs of travel or am I just making excuses for my mate? Plenty of hard working people with families already can't afford to go, so I don't really buy that. I'd be less inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt if he were doubling the price. Even then, people are willing to pay and we live in a capitalist society so...

That’s a fallacious argument Rob. It doesn’t help the situation if even more people can’t afford to go because someone with deeper pockets can afford to snap up tickets above face value.  Your mate might be doing this innocently, but it’s potentially part of a bigger picture. If people can get away with buying tickets and flogging them for a profit they will do. Once it starts then tickets at face value become even scarcer pushing the black market value up further. It’s not in fans’ interests to turn a blind eye.

Your mate won’t have travel costs if he’s selling those tickets because he won’t be using them.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 174
aldi_01
October 29, 2021, 3:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That’s a fallacious argument Rob. It doesn’t help the situation if even more people can’t afford to go because someone with deeper pockets can afford to snap up tickets above face value.  Your mate might be doing this innocently, but it’s potentially part of a bigger picture. If people can get away with buying tickets and flogging them for a profit they will do. Once it starts then tickets at face value become even scarcer pushing the black market value up further. It’s not in fans’ interests to turn a blind eye.

Your mate won’t have travel costs if he’s selling those tickets because he won’t be using them.

Remember when the club celebrated the famous ticket tout?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 174
Davec
October 29, 2021, 3:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from KingstonMariner

He may still have travel costs as if he got train tickets, some of them are non refundable but that does not make selling the tickets at higher than face value ok, if he can't go he should sell them for face value, attempting to make a profit from fans is disgusting.

If he has already booked train tickets and he can't go then tough, that's the risk he takes when booking tickets.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 174
ska face
October 29, 2021, 4:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
I’m afraid he’s going in tomorrow’s half-time wicker man with the new telegraph reporter & Mr White Jumper from Tuesday.
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 174
chaos33
October 29, 2021, 4:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
😂 Brilliant Ska!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 174
18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts county

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.