ginnywings
October 15, 2021, 9:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from mariner91

Who said anything was dangerous? Forgive me for being a bit la-di-da but I expect to be able to see the pitch if I go to a football match. And if replacing the metal railing has improved the visibility (which it has) for a large number of seats then it's worth the money. It shows the fans and their match day experience is actually valued by the current custodians.

Absolutely this!

I sit in the bottom rows and the view is greatly enhanced. No longer is my seat classed as a restricted view seat and that was the whole point of the glass barrier.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 74
aldi_01
October 15, 2021, 10:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The glass barrier is surely a gesture that they recognise that fans should get the best possible experience? When it was put in it seemed such a sensible and logical thing…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 74
Barrattstander
October 15, 2021, 11:30pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from White_shorts

I'm well aware of the club's official line, but Stockwood and Pettit must have some personal thoughts on the matter. I just hope the apparent lack of urgency doesn't come back to haunt us.

We're just emerging from a period of over 15 years of moribund ownership and you're already accusing the new regime of a lack of urgency ?

Unbelievable.

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 74
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 15, 2021, 11:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,825
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from White_shorts

I'm well aware of the club's official line, but Stockwood and Pettit must have some personal thoughts on the matter. I just hope the apparent lack of urgency doesn't come back to haunt us.

Yeah, maybe they’ll share those personal thoughts in a rambling, Riesling fuelled rant at 2am on The Fishy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 74
aldi_01
October 16, 2021, 10:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

Yeah, maybe they’ll share those personal thoughts in a rambling, Riesling fuelled rant at 2am on The Fishy.

Or be recorded secretly in the back of a Ford Mondeo…or ring Humberside half cut…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.