KingstonMariner
October 13, 2021, 12:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Good to see several people hitting the nail on the head…

BP puts potential fans off. It’s a dump. The casual fan can’t buy a decent ticket with a good view.

There’s no reason we couldn’t get regular 10 figure crowds if we had a nice new stadium with good views from every seat. Especially if we move through the divisions.

Jason & Andrew know this but they aren’t going to go down the Fenty route of promising the world and delivering nothing. When (not if) a new stadium is announced it will be when all pre-planning permission boxes have been ticked (location, funding & contractor).

I think we should be looking at a 13-14,000 seat stadium built with possible future expansion in mind. And built so that away allocations can easily be altered to accommodate more home fans easily.

I’m sure you don’t mean that.

1,000,000,000 people coming to watch Town. Not even Councillor Dorkin [sic.] is that optimistic  😄

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 74
mariner91
October 13, 2021, 12:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262

10 figure crowds. Wow! We really are going places!!

The view from the back of the stand is going to be really terrible though. You'll need binoculars.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 74
LN8Mariner
October 13, 2021, 6:59pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +329
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from forza ivano
the way things are going , we could make a real statement with the world's first 3d laser printed stadium

https://www.gcoportal.com/worl.....eks-of-construction/

How big is the printer? 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 74
KingstonMariner
October 13, 2021, 7:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LN8Mariner

How big is the printer? 😂

As big as we want, because the printer can be printed to scale.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 74
White_shorts
October 13, 2021, 8:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Abdul19

Someone was badgering him with questions about the glass within 3 seconds of the full time whistle at the Wrexham game.

What questions? Unnecessary expenditure when squad strengthening should be the priority? Safety i.e. shatter resistance?

It would be nice if the owners gave us a clue as to what is going on with regard to relocation. For example:

"We have thanked the Freemen for their enthusiasm and patience, but feel most fans would not want to park on the East Marsh."

or

"The old fish dock is our preferred site, and we continue to negotiate with ABP."

or

"We have informed the council that Grimsby West represents the best chance to deliver a new stadium."

or

"League One is our natural level, and so the existing 9,000 capacity is adequate."

It is nearly three years since the high rise flats were demolished. I hoped we would create a 'modern' Blundell Park at Freemo, close enough to Freshney Place for park and ride or park and walk. Alas, I get the impression most people would prefer a vast car park on the western outskirts of town.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 74
mariner91
October 13, 2021, 8:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from White_shorts

What questions? Unnecessary expenditure when squad strengthening should be the priority? Safety i.e. shatter resistance?

It would be nice if the owners gave us a clue as to what is going on with regard to relocation. For example:

"We have thanked the Freemen for their enthusiasm and patience, but feel most fans would not want to park on the East Marsh."

or

"The old fish dock is our preferred site, and we continue to negotiate with ABP."

or

"We have informed the council that Grimsby West represents the best chance to deliver a new stadium."

or

"League One is our natural level, and so the existing 9,000 capacity is adequate."

It is nearly three years since the high rise flats were demolished. I hoped we would create a 'modern' Blundell Park at Freemo, close enough to Freshney Place for park and ride or park and walk. Alas, I get the impression most people would prefer a vast car park on the western outskirts of town.

As we all know they inherited BP in wonderful condition and it didn't need anything doing to it to bring it up to anything like an acceptable standard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 74
toontown
October 13, 2021, 8:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from White_shorts

or

or

or

you epic bell end. Friend of fenty?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 74
White_shorts
October 15, 2021, 4:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from toontown

you epic bell end. Friend of fenty?

No, I'm not a friend of Fenty, far from it. Do you know where the new stadium will be, or where Stockwood wants it to be?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 74
Hagrid
October 15, 2021, 4:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from White_shorts

No, I'm not a friend of Fenty, far from it. Do you know where the new stadium will be, or where Stockwood wants it to be?

They arent planning on one yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 74
Southwark Mariner
October 15, 2021, 4:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from White_shorts

There have been many times where they have been asked about a stadium and each time they've said it's not a priority now and they have many other things they're working on eg a new training facility, which they've said they will be making a decision on where that will be fairly soon, maybe 2 months.

More recently, with increased attendances, they've said a new stadium is still not a priority but they will keep monitoring the situation.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.