6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
October 11, 2021, 11:39am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,708
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Ruston AT

Got it in one poojah. As you'll probably remember the TV companies built a scaffolded platform behind the goal in the inside of the pontoon, I wonder what the requirements would be in todays HSE world if we could do that again . It surely could stay up there all season with regular inspections, any scaffold companies prepared to donate some scaffold ?

Is Tony Gallimore still scaffolding locally?  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
RichMariner
October 11, 2021, 11:41am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Didn't Gally lose a thumb in some kind of factory accident a while back?

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
October 11, 2021, 1:29pm
Guest User
Really good highlights package and possibly a bit too balanced (if that's possible). I felt we were fortunate to go in at half time 0-0 and Woking were the better side in that half. If their finishing had been better it might have been a different story.

I thought Effiong was excellent in his work rate, his hold up play and making life very difficult for our defenders but his finishing leaves a bit to be desired.

Final word for Sousa. There is a passage of play where he loses the ball and puts Crookes (I think) under pressure. He follows his man into the penalty box but loses him and Woking get a good chance but Sousa keeps running and gets a foot in to stop the shot. Tremendous work rate when he could have given up on it in the middle of the park.

I think if Effiong hadn't hurdled Macca in the 1-on-1 situation in the first half - but carried on and fell over Macca - the ref (who looked good on the highlights)
would probably have given a penalty as Macca wasn't close to getting a hand on the ball. So credit to Effiong for that. He'll cause plenty of problems for the
sides in this league without a doubt.
Reply: 22 - 50
KingstonMariner
October 11, 2021, 1:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I thought that about Efiong not going down under that challenge. Fair play to him for that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
Zmariner
October 11, 2021, 1:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Great highlights what a fantastic win that was and the coverage on the radio probably did not do Woking justice. They were a bit more dangerous in that second half then I seem to recall from the radio

The Woking striker Effiong looked very useful… I wonder
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
mimma
October 11, 2021, 1:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
You can get small unabtrusive
remote camers that don't need any scaffolding these days that can be bolted on to the stands.

Talking of highlights,  why don't we get replays on our scoreboard anymore? It's brilliant to get goal replays after we have scored, but for some reason it has stopped.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
October 11, 2021, 2:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I thought that about Efiong not going down under that challenge. Fair play to him for that.

You and I may applaud him, but I'd imagine his manager will have had a word or two in his ear...
Reply: 26 - 50
immariner
October 11, 2021, 2:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
Couple of things to note from the highlights compared to the immediate matxh reports. The save from Fox was nothing like the worldie I was expecting. It was a good save but the ball was heading for the centre of the goal. Taylor had a big chance to make it 1-0 but don't recall this being mentioned much at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 11, 2021, 2:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,270
Gold Stars: 304
Quoted from Zmariner
Great highlights what a fantastic win that was and the coverage on the radio probably did not do Woking justice. They were a bit more dangerous in that second half then I seem to recall from the radio

The Woking striker Effiong looked very useful… I wonder

I said the same thing at half time, by full time I wasn't so sure. His finishing was not great.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
Davec
October 11, 2021, 2:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I seem to recall Inih Effiong playing as a trialist in a reserve match for us a few years ago, in the Bignot era I think it was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Woking highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.