Woking highlights

This thread currently has 6,255 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 11, 2021, 10:56am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,191
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from Poojah

The likes of Sky Sports and BBC reported Alex Hunt having scored in the 51st minute, and showed the score as 0-1 for around 30 minutes. A fair bit of head scratching ensued for those not at the game.

I'm with Son Of Cod, there was no obvious thing that led to that (like a disallowed goal or whatever). Where I was stood somebody mentioned that the BBC were showing we had scored and everybody was a bit nonplussed by it.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
Poojah
October 11, 2021, 10:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,422
Gold Stars: 1,499

I'm with Son Of Cod, there was no obvious thing that led to that (like a disallowed goal or whatever). Where I was stood somebody mentioned that the BBC were showing we had scored and everybody was a bit nonplussed by it.

Yeah, it seems as if someone from the Press Association spilled their coffee on their keyboard or something.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
ska face
October 11, 2021, 11:04am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,549
Gold Stars: 838
Think the victory seems even better now as Hunt, McAtee, Taylor and Sousa looked to be off their usual high standards. Woking obviously looked to stop the front players getting it into feet and I lost count of the times they nipped in front of a town player who was slightly on his heels to win possession. Dead balls weren’t great and pitch maybe a bit dry as plenty of passes seemed underhit, we just didn’t have any real fluency going forward. Massive win in the circumstances.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
Oly1987
October 11, 2021, 11:09am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
Wondering if Harry's been training as a left winger he certainly didn't seem out of place down that side of the pitch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
buckstown
October 11, 2021, 11:15am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Oly1987
Wondering if Harry's been training as a left winger he certainly didn't seem out of place down that side of the pitch

I recall Jolley bringing him on as a winger when he first arrived and I felt really sorry seeing him being played out of position. However, he seems a different player now and seems to do a job anywhere, including full back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 11, 2021, 11:18am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,191
Gold Stars: 291
Really good highlights package and possibly a bit too balanced (if that's possible). I felt we were fortunate to go in at half time 0-0 and Woking were the better side in that half. If their finishing had been better it might have been a different story.

I thought Effiong was excellent in his work rate, his hold up play and making life very difficult for our defenders but his finishing leaves a bit to be desired.

Final word for Sousa. There is a passage of play where he loses the ball and puts Crookes (I think) under pressure. He follows his man into the penalty box but loses him and Woking get a good chance but Sousa keeps running and gets a foot in to stop the shot. Tremendous work rate when he could have given up on it in the middle of the park.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
diehardmariner
October 11, 2021, 11:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,405
Gold Stars: 532
Those highlights are bloody brilliant, never mind for a fifth tier outfit!
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
Abdul19
October 11, 2021, 11:24am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Woking look a really good side, but there's something gloriously non league about being sponsored by Boz's Fruit and Veg!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
Les Brechin
October 11, 2021, 11:36am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174

An absolute mystery what happened then. A goal came up on the vidiprinter (if you can still call it that these days) on Sky Sports News and it wasn't until a good 15-20 minutes later that it showed a score correction. Normally when something like that happens the score correction comes up within a minute or two, and usually there been a disallowed goal or a very near miss.

At least it all worked out well in the end.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
Ruston AT
October 11, 2021, 11:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Poojah
Certainly the land of the giants at Woking, isn’t it. Didn’t look as crisp a performance as we’ve become accustomed to recently, but we appeared to defend well from the front. You’re not going to play well every week, so when you don’t the next best thing is to be resolute and clinical - I think that’s a fair description of that performance.

As for the footage itself, that’s as good a highlights package as you’re going to get at this level (and probably a couple of levels higher).

It occurred to me a couple of weeks ago, in these times of progression on and off the pitch, that we might be able to do a little more with the highlights now we seem to have this enforced 30+ hour embargo which affords more time to edit them. I’m not sure how feasible it would be to have a camera behind the goal as you’d lose seats in the Pontoon and the old scoreboard posts would obscure the view from the Osmond - I’ve no idea if they still serve a structural purpose to the stand or whether they could come down.

But there are easier options, such as GoPros in the goal nets, or even interspersing some of the footage from the match day moments videos. They’ve already given us some brilliant alternative angles of goals scored this season.

Now the highlights are on YouTube, they’re a lot more predisposed for sharing on social media. Making those highlights as compelling as possible can only help amplify all that’s going on at the good ship Blundell Park.

One for the club to look into I think, if they’re not already.

Got it in one poojah. As you'll probably remember the TV companies built a scaffolded platform behind the goal in the inside of the pontoon, I wonder what the requirements would be in todays HSE world if we could do that again . It surely could stay up there all season with regular inspections, any scaffold companies prepared to donate some scaffold ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Woking highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.