moosey_club
October 11, 2021, 8:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Les Brechin

An absolute mystery what happened then. A goal came up on the vidiprinter (if you can still call it that these days) on Sky Sports News and it wasn't until a good 15-20 minutes later that it showed a score correction. Normally when something like that happens the score correction comes up within a minute or two, and usually there been a disallowed goal or a very near miss.

At least it all worked out well in the end.

Far east betting scam I reckon, hack the system, update a fictitious first scorer , cash the bet in before its corrected.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
moosey_club
October 11, 2021, 8:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from acko338
Anyone got a translation for the Woking manager's post match interview?

I've contracted with work nationwide,  and many local dialects speakers, but trying to understand him was hard work.

I THINK  he said that his strikers failed to score from good chances and that lost them the game.

I thought the same.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
Poojah
October 11, 2021, 8:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,468
Gold Stars: 1,500
I thought he sounded a lot like the Geordie bits from Paul Whitehouse’s Julio Geordio sketch from the nineties. I honestly don’t think I could listen to that every week.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
SouthLakesMariner
October 12, 2021, 1:31am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +934
Gold Stars: 21
Always wondered what became of Alan Partridge’s Michael.

https://youtu.be/m4T_4uLQ7e0
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
Fillipe Noche
October 12, 2021, 9:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Just watched the highlights. That’s a game we would have definitely lost in days gone by.

One of those grind it out games, where you aren’t able to dominate. You probably say looking at the highlights, that on the balance of play, Woking actually carved open 6 clear cut chances, compared to 3 for us. But we’ve stuck in there and ground it out. A little bit of Lady Luck shone us I suppose with some of those misses from Woking. Especially the free header that didn’t hit the target. When you are in the doldrums, like we have been before, you never seem to get those bits of luck that fall your way.

Definitely a game that we would have come away with nothing in the past. So, very positive for me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
LondonMariner43
October 12, 2021, 9:08am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,942
Gold Stars: 64
Really good highlights package and possibly a bit too balanced (if that's possible). I felt we were fortunate to go in at half time 0-0 and Woking were the better side in that half. If their finishing had been better it might have been a different story.

I thought Effiong was excellent in his work rate, his hold up play and making life very difficult for our defenders but his finishing leaves a bit to be desired.

Final word for Sousa. There is a passage of play where he loses the ball and puts Crookes (I think) under pressure. He follows his man into the penalty box but loses him and Woking get a good chance but Sousa keeps running and gets a foot in to stop the shot. Tremendous work rate when he could have given up on it in the middle of the park.

I agree about that block by Sousa - was great to see a wide player track back to amend for his mistake.  Epitomises the team spirit.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
Les Brechin
October 12, 2021, 9:10am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,699
Gold Stars: 174
McKeown rather fortunate I'd say as well. If Effiong had gone down in the box in the first half it would certainly have given the ref a decision to make. Well done to him for not going over like a lot of players would have done.

Don't think we had a keeper on the bench did we so it would have meant playing a lot of the game with probably Shaun Pearson in goal.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
TheRealJohnLewis
October 12, 2021, 9:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Les Brechin
McKeown rather fortunate I'd say as well. If Effiong had gone down in the box in the first half it would certainly have given the ref a decision to make. Well done to him for not going over like a lot of players would have done.

Don't think we had a keeper on the bench did we so it would have meant playing a lot of the game with probably Shaun Pearson in goal.

Effiong had been going down lack a sack of spuds every 2 seconds up until his booking, which I thought was harsh on him this time as Waterfall ran straight into him. I'm guessing that if Effiong hadn't already have been on a yellow he would have gone for the pen.

Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
Poojah
October 12, 2021, 9:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,468
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Les Brechin

It would obviously have been problematic if Effiong had gone down and won a pen, but Macca wouldn’t have been sent off due to the double jeopardy rule. Same reason the Dover keeper wasn’t sent off for bringing Bapaga down a week or so ago.

If anything, I think the rule helps justify not having a keeper on the bench as you’re only going to lose your keeper through injury, violent conduct or an incident outside the box - all of which are fairly rare.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
wuffing
October 12, 2021, 9:58am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 38
Wow, the Woking PA system sounds good Jason!!!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Woking highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.