WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 16, 2021, 1:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

To the person that pointed out that this group of children may have ADHD or Autism. Yes that’s a possibility I guess. So then those small children really shouldn’t really be allowed to stand up effin and jeffin by the so-called responsible adults accompanying them, like they did the other night, in the last block of the main stand at the Ossie end of the ground. Could quite clearly see that the adults with them were enjoying the spectacle of the group of children behaving like this. Moreover they also joined on with them and actually led them.

It’s horrendous to see and hear and should not be happening.

So, when you took it upon yourself to speak to the parents, what did you say and what was their response?

Unfortunately, my son is severely autistic and some ‘choice words’ have crept into his dialogue. We are dealing with this the best we can but unfortunately, it’s hard to try and control what he is going to say. That said, if ever anyone tried to comment on my parenting, I’d thank them the first time and not be so polite the second.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 74
jamesgtfc
September 16, 2021, 1:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

So, when you took it upon yourself to speak to the parents, what did you say and what was their response?

Unfortunately, my son is severely autistic and some ‘choice words’ have crept into his dialogue. We are dealing with this the best we can but unfortunately, it’s hard to try and control what he is going to say. That said, if ever anyone tried to comment on my parenting, I’d thank them the first time and not be so polite the second.

My youngest son was throwing a tantrum outside the cinema on Sunday afternoon and some woman decided to comment that she was watching and offered some advice before telling us she was a health visitor.

I was so glad she told me that last bit because I was just about to tell her where to stick her opinions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 74
KingstonMariner
September 16, 2021, 1:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Is Phil telling the truth? Is he exaggerating? I dunno. I'm fairly relaxed about the subject.

It's funny he never objected to this before. Why the sudden concern Phil? It's been going on for years. Your mates who have now left the club had plenty of time to do something about it, yet we've never heard diddly squat from them on it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 74
coddy60
September 16, 2021, 1:48pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
So pleased that so many are in agreement. And that the new regime at the club are wanting to improve the behaviours of some within the new culture too. Thanks to whoever it was that pointed that aspect out.

To the person that pointed out that this group of children may have ADHD or Autism. Yes that’s a possibility I guess. So then those small children really shouldn’t really be allowed to stand up effin and jeffin by the so-called responsible adults accompanying them, like they did the other night, in the last block of the main stand at the Ossie end of the ground. Could quite clearly see that the adults with them were enjoying the spectacle of the group of children behaving like this. Moreover they also joined on with them and actually led them.

It’s horrendous to see and hear and should not be happening.

It really is the earliest days of nurturing supporters that appear to think that once you enter a football ground, that elements of common decency and respect have to go out of the window, and all of a sudden we live by a different set of standards inside a ground. That’s wholly wrong.

Foul language and aggressive manners are not required in order to create a fantastic atmosphere and occasion. The majority of us are quite able to cheer our team on and sing the club songs brilliantly, without having to be crude with foul and abusive language.

There are actually signs around the ground telling supporters that it won’t be tolerated and that people will be ejected. Let’s hope that the club starts to practice what it preaches on these signs.

To the person who has labelled me a troll. That’s hilarious. I’m just not online enough in this forum to be classed as a troll am I ?

You're welcome to clear off and support FGR, sure the values you hold so highly will be upheld over there...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 74
Fillipe Noche
September 16, 2021, 2:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Is Phil telling the truth? Is he exaggerating? I dunno. I'm fairly relaxed about the subject.

It's funny he never objected to this before. Why the sudden concern Phil? It's been going on for years. Your mates who have now left the club had plenty of time to do something about it, yet we've never heard diddly squat from them on it.

You are genuinely suggesting that I’m either lying or exaggerating? 😂😂  Crikey

Why the sudden concern?

Well, first of all I’ve never actually sat in that area before, so haven’t heard these kids before.

Secondly, with attendances up, I’d like to see it stay that way. I wouldn’t want some of our new found fans deciding to stay away because a group of people are ruining their Matchday experience with these foul and abusive outbursts

Nothing more and nothing less

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 74
Posh Harry
September 16, 2021, 2:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,359
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Take pity on him KM, he’s now in the cheap seats, mixing with us mere underlings.

Must be a shock to the system. Probably waves his hanky around to get rid of the stench of the riff raff.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 74
DB
September 16, 2021, 2:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Would the Pontoon Stand have been built if when donating people were told 'We want your money but not your language'?

Yes we live in a different era today, but when was the last time you heard, saw or read of the Police arresting anybody for using abusive foul language; and when was the last person taken to court for the same thing.

I am not condoning it by any means and foul language is part and parcel of life today; like it or not.

Just saying.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 74
GrimRob
September 16, 2021, 3:02pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
The club should invest in virtual helmets with AI swear filters. Could be a money-spinner, if branded and marketed well.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 74
Mariner Ronnie
September 16, 2021, 3:14pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from GrimRob
The club should invest in virtual helmets with AI swear filters. Could be a money-spinner, if branded and marketed well.

It works for the fishy.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 74
rancido
September 16, 2021, 3:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from DB
Would the Pontoon Stand have been built if when donating people were told 'We want your money but not your language'?

Yes we live in a different era today, but when was the last time you heard, saw or read of the Police arresting anybody for using abusive foul language; and when was the last person taken to court for the same thing.

I am not condoning it by any means and foul language is part and parcel of life today; like it or not.

Just saying.

I certainly don't want to start an argument on this subject but surely by accepting it is "part and parcel of life today" you are, in effect condoning it?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Foul Mouthed Children

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.