Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, September 16, 2021, 8:39am
Was a bit shocked on Tuesday

Young children shouting expletives at Wrexham fans. Shocking language coming from them, and they could only be school year 6 - 8 kids. Had their parents sitting near them too. I felt like I was sitting near the cast of Shameless

Needs sorting out. In my opinion if there kids heard to be swearing like that, then they need kicking out and their parents should be sent with them too.

People coming to football matches do not want to hear anyone shouting out words like illegitimate and girl private and sheep shagger etc. Let alone small children.
Posted by: JMT, September 16, 2021, 8:42am; Reply: 1
In my opinion that’s the beauty of football.

When I was a young child, I was doing that aswell but as soon as I left the ground that’s where it stopped, they’re one of us they’re joining in to what everyone else is doing.

As long as they know it stops when they leave the ground then I’m perfectly okay with it.

We can’t micromanage everything, as long as they aren’t causing harm then what’s the need to be writing a post about it? Let them enjoy the game, let them get engaged within the atmosphere and crowd.
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, September 16, 2021, 8:56am; Reply: 2
Quoted from JMT
In my opinion that’s the beauty of football.

When I was a young child, I was doing that aswell but as soon as I left the ground that’s where it stopped, they’re one of us they’re joining in to what everyone else is doing.

As long as they know it stops when they leave the ground then I’m perfectly okay with it.

We can’t micromanage everything, as long as they aren’t causing harm then what’s the need to be writing a post about it? Let them enjoy the game, let them get engaged within the atmosphere and crowd.

Shocking

Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, September 16, 2021, 9:02am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Young children shouting expletives at Wrexham fans. Shocking language coming from them, and they could only be school year 6 - 8 kids. Had their parents sitting near them too. I felt like I was sitting near the cast of Shameless

Needs sorting out. In my opinion if there kids heard to be swearing like that, then they need kicking out and their parents should be sent with them too.

People coming to football matches do not want to hear anyone shouting out words like illegitimate and girl private and sheep shagger etc. Let alone small children.

If we are to progress as a family club, then Phil has a point. All unsavoury behaviour should be discouraged. There's nothing worse than being stood near the drunk and aggressive Stone Island crew and they do not promote the family culture which we are moving towards.

Posted by: Hagrid, September 16, 2021, 9:02am; Reply: 4
i do agree in fairness, banter between fans is all well and good, but foul language and abuse isnt warranted
Posted by: marinerdazza, September 16, 2021, 9:08am; Reply: 5
I sit in the family section of the main and I rarely hear much of what you’re talking about. Elsewhere? *shrug* It’s a football match not croquet. Sometimes “oh dear” or “fiddlesticks” doesn’t quite hit the mark. Dilute the experience and you lose what was attractive in the first place. It’s the tribalism that makes it unique and pointing out the away fans’ deficiencies and proclivities, is a large part of that.
Posted by: marinerdazza, September 16, 2021, 9:11am; Reply: 6
I’m now angry with myself that I responded to this buffoon who is obviously on another fishing expedition, now that he can’t criticise the management, ownership, team or results. What’s left? Ah yes, I’ll have a pop at the crowd.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 16, 2021, 9:17am; Reply: 7

Fair point....
Posted by: marinerdazza, September 16, 2021, 9:19am; Reply: 8
Those defending him are presuming what he said actually happened. I’ve had a season ticket in that area for years…
Posted by: supertown, September 16, 2021, 9:24am; Reply: 9

I agree, but more importantly you need to sort your ‘there’ from your ‘their’ or is it ‘there are’ , shocking
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 16, 2021, 9:27am; Reply: 10

Oh my. How can I get attention now everything is going so well. ?

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, September 16, 2021, 9:33am; Reply: 11
Are you sure they weren't shout at you Fill
Posted by: MidnightMariner, September 16, 2021, 9:40am; Reply: 12

A great philosopher once said....IF YOU DONT LIKE IT , DONT FACKIN COME !
naughty naughty, very naughty
UTM
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 16, 2021, 10:02am; Reply: 13
If only Nick was Stadium Manager still...
Posted by: Fette Schlange, September 16, 2021, 10:05am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Hagrid
i do agree in fairness, banter between fans is all well and good, but foul language and abuse isnt warranted

Maybe you should practise what you preach, some of your posts on here and fućking foul.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 16, 2021, 10:11am; Reply: 15
Fook off Fill you illegitimate
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 16, 2021, 10:18am; Reply: 16

As the 8 year old said at the match on Tuesday, that’s my fu(king pint
Posted by: Ruston AT, September 16, 2021, 10:20am; Reply: 17

Unfortunately that's the state of the world now, when you hear young parents effin and blinding at children in their buggies what chance do they stand in later life. I do agree with you PN I'm old school as well.
Posted by: Poojah, September 16, 2021, 10:21am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Fette Schlange

Maybe you should practise what you preach, some of your posts on here and fućking foul.

That’s a little rich coming from someone whose username is an anagram of ‘gent felch seat’.

At last, a username with a more disgusting back story than my own.

Posted by: LH, September 16, 2021, 10:31am; Reply: 19
Moaning about swearing is proper wet pants stuff.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 16, 2021, 10:32am; Reply: 20
Quoted from LH
Moaning about swearing is proper wet pants stuff.

It shows how far we've come in a short space of time when all his merry men have to moan about are fans swearing.
Posted by: Mikey_345, September 16, 2021, 10:36am; Reply: 21
People also come on forums without wanting to see such language Phil  ;D

N n n n nice to see you back trying to fill your need for attention again by the way.

Posted by: Hagrid, September 16, 2021, 10:50am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Fette Schlange

where. find one

and as im certain you used to post under Fat Cobra, i dont think you are in a position to state anything
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 16, 2021, 10:56am; Reply: 23
Did you know all these children personally or are you just casting aspersions about every single one of them? Have they ADHD or on the autism spectrum? Are you judging by class, or at least presuming by class?

It’s easy to be a ‘brave warrior’ on a keyboard, but if you felt that strongly, why didn’t you approach the parent/adult they were with?  Don’t get me wrong, children swearing shocks a part of me too, but I guess it’s just a way of the world
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 16, 2021, 11:33am; Reply: 24
I agree with the the OP.  Doesn’t matter who said this, the comments are valid.

The Club have moved into the 21st Century with the new management.  Maybe some fans need to as well.  

In her programme notes last Tuesday Debbie Cook talked about fans’ behaviour where it did not meet the new aims and culture of the Club.

She said that Blundell Park should be a place where you felt comfortable to bring your 5 year old daughter or your 89 year old mother.  This very sensible approach is the way forward to encourage more fans to attend. Surely that makes good sense?

Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, September 16, 2021, 11:49am; Reply: 25
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I agree with the the OP.  Doesn’t matter who said this, the comments are valid.

The Club have moved into the 21st Century with the new management.  Maybe some fans need to as well.  

In her programme notes last Tuesday Debbie Cook talked about fans’ behaviour where it did not meet the new aims and culture of the Club.

She said that Blundell Park should be a place where you felt comfortable to bring your 5 year old daughter or your 89 year old mother.  This very sensible approach is the way forward to encourage more fans to attend. Surely that makes good sense?

Yes, that does make good sense. I agree. However, Fill Nosher, on the other hand, is just a sad lonely troll desperately trying to provoke a reaction and should be consigned to history like several recently purged GTFC leeches.
Posted by: rancido, September 16, 2021, 12:32pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Did you know all these children personally or are you just casting aspersions about every single one of them? Have they ADHD or on the autism spectrum? Are you judging by class, or at least presuming by class?

It’s easy to be a ‘brave warrior’ on a keyboard, but if you felt that strongly, why didn’t you approach the parent/adult they were with?  Don’t get me wrong, children swearing shocks a part of me too, but I guess it’s just a way of the world

Just because "it's the way of the world" it doesn't mean you shouldn't speak out about it. It's very much like the racial abuse in the UK during the 50's/60's. That was very much "the norm" in lots of areas but we have moved on. No doubt I will get a torrent of criticism for making the comparison but nothing should be above scrutiny.
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, September 16, 2021, 12:49pm; Reply: 27
So pleased that so many are in agreement. And that the new regime at the club are wanting to improve the behaviours of some within the new culture too. Thanks to whoever it was that pointed that aspect out.

To the person that pointed out that this group of children may have ADHD or Autism. Yes that’s a possibility I guess. So then those small children really shouldn’t really be allowed to stand up effin and jeffin by the so-called responsible adults accompanying them, like they did the other night, in the last block of the main stand at the Ossie end of the ground. Could quite clearly see that the adults with them were enjoying the spectacle of the group of children behaving like this. Moreover they also joined on with them and actually led them.

It’s horrendous to see and hear and should not be happening.

It really is the earliest days of nurturing supporters that appear to think that once you enter a football ground, that elements of common decency and respect have to go out of the window, and all of a sudden we live by a different set of standards inside a ground. That’s wholly wrong.

Foul language and aggressive manners are not required in order to create a fantastic atmosphere and occasion. The majority of us are quite able to cheer our team on and sing the club songs brilliantly, without having to be crude with foul and abusive language.

There are actually signs around the ground telling supporters that it won’t be tolerated and that people will be ejected. Let’s hope that the club starts to practice what it preaches on these signs.

To the person who has labelled me a troll. That’s hilarious. I’m just not online enough in this forum to be classed as a troll am I ?
Posted by: pizzzza, September 16, 2021, 12:52pm; Reply: 28

To the person who has labelled me a troll. That’s hilarious.

Person! You think there is only one?
Posted by: buckstown, September 16, 2021, 1:27pm; Reply: 29
I’m not really bothered about swearing at football, especially in songs
However, I don’t like people booing anthems. I sat in front of a small group of morons at the trophy final and they attempted the sheep shagger stuff all through their anthem which I found really sad. Interestingly on the Wrexham equivalent of the just back thread they said there was some racist chanting from their own fans which was universally condemned
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 16, 2021, 1:29pm; Reply: 30

To the person that pointed out that this group of children may have ADHD or Autism. Yes that’s a possibility I guess. So then those small children really shouldn’t really be allowed to stand up effin and jeffin by the so-called responsible adults accompanying them, like they did the other night, in the last block of the main stand at the Ossie end of the ground. Could quite clearly see that the adults with them were enjoying the spectacle of the group of children behaving like this. Moreover they also joined on with them and actually led them.

So, when you took it upon yourself to speak to the parents, what did you say and what was their response?

Unfortunately, my son is severely autistic and some ‘choice words’ have crept into his dialogue. We are dealing with this the best we can but unfortunately, it’s hard to try and control what he is going to say. That said, if ever anyone tried to comment on my parenting, I’d thank them the first time and not be so polite the second.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 16, 2021, 1:37pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

So, when you took it upon yourself to speak to the parents, what did you say and what was their response?

Unfortunately, my son is severely autistic and some ‘choice words’ have crept into his dialogue. We are dealing with this the best we can but unfortunately, it’s hard to try and control what he is going to say. That said, if ever anyone tried to comment on my parenting, I’d thank them the first time and not be so polite the second.

My youngest son was throwing a tantrum outside the cinema on Sunday afternoon and some woman decided to comment that she was watching and offered some advice before telling us she was a health visitor.

I was so glad she told me that last bit because I was just about to tell her where to stick her opinions.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 16, 2021, 1:43pm; Reply: 32
Is Phil telling the truth? Is he exaggerating? I dunno. I'm fairly relaxed about the subject.

It's funny he never objected to this before. Why the sudden concern Phil? It's been going on for years. Your mates who have now left the club had plenty of time to do something about it, yet we've never heard diddly squat from them on it.
Posted by: coddy60, September 16, 2021, 1:48pm; Reply: 33
So pleased that so many are in agreement. And that the new regime at the club are wanting to improve the behaviours of some within the new culture too. Thanks to whoever it was that pointed that aspect out.

It really is the earliest days of nurturing supporters that appear to think that once you enter a football ground, that elements of common decency and respect have to go out of the window, and all of a sudden we live by a different set of standards inside a ground. That’s wholly wrong.

Foul language and aggressive manners are not required in order to create a fantastic atmosphere and occasion. The majority of us are quite able to cheer our team on and sing the club songs brilliantly, without having to be crude with foul and abusive language.

There are actually signs around the ground telling supporters that it won’t be tolerated and that people will be ejected. Let’s hope that the club starts to practice what it preaches on these signs.

To the person who has labelled me a troll. That’s hilarious. I’m just not online enough in this forum to be classed as a troll am I ?

You're welcome to clear off and support FGR, sure the values you hold so highly will be upheld over there...
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, September 16, 2021, 2:04pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Is Phil telling the truth? Is he exaggerating? I dunno. I'm fairly relaxed about the subject.

It's funny he never objected to this before. Why the sudden concern Phil? It's been going on for years. Your mates who have now left the club had plenty of time to do something about it, yet we've never heard diddly squat from them on it.

You are genuinely suggesting that I’m either lying or exaggerating? 😂😂  Crikey

Why the sudden concern?

Well, first of all I’ve never actually sat in that area before, so haven’t heard these kids before.

Secondly, with attendances up, I’d like to see it stay that way. I wouldn’t want some of our new found fans deciding to stay away because a group of people are ruining their Matchday experience with these foul and abusive outbursts

Nothing more and nothing less

Posted by: Posh Harry, September 16, 2021, 2:25pm; Reply: 35

Take pity on him KM, he’s now in the cheap seats, mixing with us mere underlings.

Must be a shock to the system. Probably waves his hanky around to get rid of the stench of the riff raff.

Posted by: DB, September 16, 2021, 2:56pm; Reply: 36
Would the Pontoon Stand have been built if when donating people were told 'We want your money but not your language'?

Yes we live in a different era today, but when was the last time you heard, saw or read of the Police arresting anybody for using abusive foul language; and when was the last person taken to court for the same thing.

I am not condoning it by any means and foul language is part and parcel of life today; like it or not.

Just saying.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 16, 2021, 3:02pm; Reply: 37
The club should invest in virtual helmets with AI swear filters. Could be a money-spinner, if branded and marketed well.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, September 16, 2021, 3:14pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from GrimRob
The club should invest in virtual helmets with AI swear filters. Could be a money-spinner, if branded and marketed well.

It works for the fishy.
Posted by: rancido, September 16, 2021, 3:29pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from DB
Would the Pontoon Stand have been built if when donating people were told 'We want your money but not your language'?

Yes we live in a different era today, but when was the last time you heard, saw or read of the Police arresting anybody for using abusive foul language; and when was the last person taken to court for the same thing.

I am not condoning it by any means and foul language is part and parcel of life today; like it or not.

Just saying.

I certainly don't want to start an argument on this subject but surely by accepting it is "part and parcel of life today" you are, in effect condoning it?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 16, 2021, 3:37pm; Reply: 40
We are from Grimsby, who the goodness are you doesn’t really cut it, does it?
Posted by: WesternMariner, September 16, 2021, 4:04pm; Reply: 41
I am all for broadening the demographic at BP. However since I first went with my Grandad in the seventies (and I’m sure before that as well) foul language has been used at the football. Many of the crowd are not refined. They call a spade a flipping shovel. Many of the best Grimsby songs include profanity. All of the best one liners I’ve heard coming from the Pontoon contain four letter words.

The first time I took my daughters to a match (seven and eight years old) we sat behind the Pontoon goal, there was ribald language and singing all around. Afterwards I asked them if they had enjoyed the match day experience and the youngest said she wasn’t worried by any of it because we were all on the same side and it made her feel like she was part of something. That’s the difference between the professionally offended like fil and the real fan. We might not go to work and call the Welsh sheep shaggers but on the terraces it’s ok.
Posted by: Humbercod, September 16, 2021, 4:26pm; Reply: 42
I take my 7 year old who just giggled when he first heard the songs with swear words, But he’s been brought up well enough to understand they stay in the stadium. I would personally hate to see the banter between fans disappear, best song from Tuesday night belting out ‘you know who you are, you know who you are, sheep xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx you know who you are’ 😂

I think if you are easily offended then maybe the main stand family would be the best option.
Posted by: Tommy, September 16, 2021, 4:35pm; Reply: 43
Funny how the team are doing well, the owners have made a good start and a great impression so far, so all of a sudden up pops "Felipe" to conjure something up to beat them with.

Starts out as a moan about some kids swearing but soon turns into "the club/owners should be doing something this.....why havent they done something.....this doesnt fit in with the family club they say they want to be....if they dont sort it they're hypocrites...blah blah blah"

I'm so glad JF and his hangers-on are no longer part of our club. Some of them still linger around like a bad smell, but hopefully they'll realise how embarrassing they are and disappear eventually.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 16, 2021, 4:44pm; Reply: 44
Do you think Filipe's a bit upset coz hes having to pay for his ticket for the first time in 15+ years?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 16, 2021, 4:47pm; Reply: 45

You are genuinely suggesting that I’m either lying or exaggerating? 😂😂  Crikey

Why the sudden concern?

Well, first of all I’ve never actually sat in that area before, so haven’t heard these kids before.

Secondly, with attendances up, I’d like to see it stay that way. I wouldn’t want some of our new found fans deciding to stay away because a group of people are ruining their Matchday experience with these foul and abusive outbursts

Nothing more and nothing less

I do doubt your report and your concern on this Phil. What you’ve said is that you’ve sat in other parts of the ground and not heard swearing? You must have ear plugs in. Or do you think it’s acceptable for adults to swear but not kids?

What was the previous management’s attitude on this? Did they not care?

Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, September 16, 2021, 5:28pm; Reply: 46
Good job them kids weren't waving flags too.. or someone would have had to deconstruct them.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, September 16, 2021, 5:33pm; Reply: 47

And how do you feel about the new board, the squad, the atmosphere, the food, the fanzone…
Posted by: newarkmariner, September 16, 2021, 5:44pm; Reply: 48
oh bless,has Fillipe got too sit with the commoners now,well Fillipe with the utmost disrespect i would just like too sing
ITS NICE TO KNOW YOUR HERE
ITS NICE TOO KNOW YOUR HERE
ITS NICE TOO KNOW YOUR HERE

NOW FU&K OFF

UTFM
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, September 16, 2021, 5:59pm; Reply: 49
I used to swear as a kid, my mam used to stick a bar of coal tar soap in my mouth whenever I did, soon learned my lesson.  Funnily enough even now my parents have passed away, I carry on buying Wrights coal tar soap.

Grimsby is rough as a badgers bottom in some places, like a lot of poverty stricken Towns, with not much opportunity now in life here. Does it matter what walk of life kids come from? They will most likely mix with other children, whose parents swear at them, then those children think it's alright for them to do so also.  My single parent next door neighbour with two kids from different blokes is always swearing at her kids, it really does annoy me to hear it loud through the walls, part of it is upbringing, some parents like her, who have never worked EVER in their whole life don't deserve children and should be sterilised at birth.
Posted by: HerveJosse, September 16, 2021, 6:58pm; Reply: 50

If you knew anything about autism you would know that autistic people don’t like either noise or being in crowds.best not to make ignorant comments about which you clearly know nothing just for effect
Posted by: TAGG, September 16, 2021, 6:58pm; Reply: 51
intercourse off

Thats from my 9 year old
Posted by: DB, September 16, 2021, 7:37pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from rancido

I certainly don't want to start an argument on this subject but surely by accepting it is "part and parcel of life today" you are, in effect condoning it?

So I am walking down the street and somebody starts effing of. I see a policeman and tell him and the offender carries on in front of the policeman.

Will the policeman arrest him, caution him or ignore him. The man then walks off saying what the effing hell was that about.

So seeing this situation have I condoned it, I do not think so, unfortunately it part of life today. The other thing is I could be arrested for wasting police time! ;) ;) ;)

Posted by: Simon, September 16, 2021, 8:12pm; Reply: 53
How about we issue the stewards with swear boxes, £1.00 for a charity of your choice every time a fan swears  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 16, 2021, 8:18pm; Reply: 54
It's my 60th anniversary of hearing the word girl private.
It's not used enough in my opinion.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 16, 2021, 8:33pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Simon
How about we issue the stewards with swear boxes, £1.00 for a charity of your choice every time a fan swears  ;D ;D ;D

Given the standard of refs in this league, I’ll just sell my house, all it’s contents and one of my kidneys. Then send the money straight to that charity.  Cut out the middle man  ;)
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 16, 2021, 8:55pm; Reply: 56

Of course nothing like this happened under JF's tenure.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 16, 2021, 8:58pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from promotion plaice

Of course nothing like this happened under JF's tenure.

It didn't.

They were too busy swearing at the board to swear at the opposition.
Posted by: Grimsby2012, September 16, 2021, 9:09pm; Reply: 58
If you believe swearing is part if the game and os almost a right of passage then I feel sorry for you...

Letting kids swear is just pointless and teaches them nothing.

All it does is make our town look scummy, and basically look like the Grimsby film by sacha baron cohen.

If that's what your after then go ahead, but don't moan when other people call grimsby a scummy place.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 16, 2021, 9:15pm; Reply: 59

You’re linking Autism and ADHD with being sat near the cast of Shameless? Some kind of sweeping generalisation there!
I’ve got two autistic sons with season tickets, one sings along with all of the songs because the words are in the songs whilst the other would never utter a swear word. I would be very careful before a. you use mental health conditions to categorise people and b. you cast aspersions on them.
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, September 16, 2021, 11:21pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You’re linking Autism and ADHD with being sat near the cast of Shameless? Some kind of sweeping generalisation there!
I’ve got two autistic sons with season tickets, one sings along with all of the songs because the words are in the songs whilst the other would never utter a swear word. I would be very careful before a. you use mental health conditions to categorise people and b. you cast aspersions on them.

I haven’t said any of those children had autism or ADHD. It was someone else that did, and frankly without any knowledge of the group of children involved, it was actually he that made a generalisation and used the potential of mental illness as an excuse.

I have relatives that have two children with autism and one with what describe as a tick (not sure that’s the correct diagnosis). I will be very clear though, that when their children have problems in public, they still address the situation and steer the children the best they can.

But let me be clear. This was approximately 6 kids effin and jeffin, loudly. And doing so with the adults with them, who were clearly their parents or carers, behaving in a similar fashion too.

Now as much as the woke brigade want to suggest that I might be unsympathetic or lacking understanding of mental health problems, frankly you are wide of the mark. I know entirely what this was. It was a group of people with very low standards of public behaviour that were enjoying being loud, overpowering, tribal and foul mouthed.

It needs stopping as it ruins the enjoyment of others

Posted by: forza ivano, September 16, 2021, 11:40pm; Reply: 61

i am amused that you are now considering the 'enjoyment of others'
i could conceivably argue that your mate's 17 years reign ruined the enjoyment of hundreds/thousands of GTFC fans' enjoyment , but you seem to ignore the joy and positivity your mate's demise & the ascendancy of 1878  has brought to the club.
i would take you more seriously if you could acknowledge that Fenty's 17 year reign was a failure and that 1878 have produced more positive results in 4 months than Fenty managed in 4 or possibly 14 years
Posted by: LH, September 16, 2021, 11:47pm; Reply: 62
7 pages and not one person has posted a picture of John Peel introducing the Foul Mouthed Children’s new record. Disappointed.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, September 17, 2021, 12:11am; Reply: 63
Quoted from LH
7 pages and not one person has posted a picture of John Peel introducing the Foul Mouthed Children’s new record. Disappointed.

Dub Version?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 17, 2021, 12:28am; Reply: 64
“6 kids effin and jeffin”?! SIX! Hardly the last days of Sodom and Gomorrah. Strewth Phil you really ought to get out more. The way you opened this thread, it was as if the whole of Western Civilisation was under threat.

I get swearing upsets some people. But amongst 6,500 joyous voices, some cracking football, biggest crowd for an ordinary league game for yonks, you choose to focus on this?! Get some perspective man.
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, September 17, 2021, 1:57am; Reply: 65
Quoted from LH

Played at the wrong speed.
Posted by: DB, September 17, 2021, 5:10am; Reply: 66
“6 kids effin and jeffin”?! SIX! Hardly the last days of Sodom and Gomorrah. Strewth Phil you really ought to get out more. The way you opened this thread, it was as if the whole of Western Civilisation was under threat.

I get swearing upsets some people. But amongst 6,500 joyous voices, some cracking football, biggest crowd for an ordinary league game for yonks, you choose to focus on this?! Get some perspective man.

I didn't realise that all this thread was about 6 kids in a crowd of 6,663;  0.01% of the crowd has upset somebody at only 1 game and he wants them out. For the last few years, 1 person has upset over 90% of the fans and he stayed for 16 years till May 5th.

I thought the days of dictatorship were over at the club, but alas not. It seems that all have to act and perform in a manner to be presented to the Queen. A new language must be spoken ' One had a jolly spiffing attempt at making a chance to score a goal', etc.

Still it is 2021 and not 1957 when I first attended when the air was blue with language and of course we had free speech!

Posted by: aldi_01, September 17, 2021, 6:16am; Reply: 67
After the flipping disgraceful running of the club, the dire stuff we’ve seen on the pitch and the sheer arrogance of a failed owner and his contempt for the very people that are actually the life and soul of a club, I think a few potty mouthed kids can be excused…

Perhaps not potty mouthed necessarily but our previous intrepid leader certainly made some extremely offensive comments in his tenure, much more offensive than a 13 year old calling the oppo a Welsh twit.

What do they say Phil old chap? People in glass house and all that?

While you’re here, can you shed any light on the missing £400k? That troubles me much more than a few kids saying ‘f.uck’…
Posted by: lukeo, September 17, 2021, 7:40am; Reply: 68
What a excrement flipping thread this is. Jeeze
Posted by: toontown, September 17, 2021, 7:54am; Reply: 69

that were enjoying being .....tribal.....

Football is tribal you plum
Posted by: Meza, September 17, 2021, 8:54am; Reply: 70
Quoted from HerveJosse

If you knew anything about autism you would know that autistic people don’t like either noise or being in crowds.best not to make ignorant comments about which you clearly know nothing just for effect

My son is autistic (12 yo) and not once has he sworn despite everything he hears, from me (i swear), other people and from tv.  He never repeats it, i can remember it all started when he had a phase of being interested in tornados, so put on the twister film on thinking cant remember any swearing so should be ok, and then 10 mins in first swear word he turned to me panicking thinking he was going to be told off to say its ok dad we can ignore it.  Sooo sweet.  He has ADHD too so its like having the Tazmanian devil meets duracell lol.

Football is about emotions Fillipe, maybe not for you but sometimes it is hard to keep it in check.  Even grown men have this problem look at the amount of grown men that have been done for being racist.  
Posted by: lukeo, September 17, 2021, 12:45pm; Reply: 71
Talking of autism. My girlfriends so is 6 and autistic and doesn't swear. My cousin is 20 and autistic and only swears at games and basically copies others around him then goes a bit OTT (Torquay away constantly calling the ref a paedo) 😂 I work with an autistic 10 year old and he doesn't copy or swear.

There's no two the same when it comes to autism
Posted by: Poojah, September 17, 2021, 3:11pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from lukeo
Talking of autism. My girlfriends so is 6 and autistic and doesn't swear. My cousin is 20 and autistic and only swears at games and basically copies others around him then goes a bit OTT (Torquay away constantly calling the ref a paedo) 😂 I work with an autistic 10 year old and he doesn't copy or swear.

There's no two the same when it comes to autism

Christ, I momentarily misread that as “my girlfriend is 6”. Best thing I can say about you in that nanosecond is that I admired your honesty…

:o
Posted by: ginnywings, September 17, 2021, 7:30pm; Reply: 73
The thing is, swearing is meant to be offensive. If you weren't offended by it, then it loses it's power, so would be pointless as a tool to offend. You may as well call someone a cabbage instead of a coont for instance.

I personally feel that swear words are a part of our rich and colourful language. Used sparingly and in the right place, they can be a very powerful tool and some of the finest writers in the English language swore like troopers. Irvine Welsh put it better than me.

"It seems to be an attempt to erase and/or marginalise certain cultures, ie the working class, the ghetto, and so on. Language is a living, organic thing. If you start to try to control that and prescribe what people say, the next thing is prescribing what people think"

Imagine Trainspotting without the salty dialect.

What I find truly offensive, is poverty, food banks and massively unequal wealth distribution, but that's just me.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 17, 2021, 8:24pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from ginnywings
The thing is, swearing is meant to be offensive. If you weren't offended by it, then it loses it's power, so would be pointless as a tool to offend. You may as well call someone a cabbage instead of a coont for instance.

I personally feel that swear words are a part of our rich and colourful language. Used sparingly and in the right place, they can be a very powerful tool and some of the finest writers in the English language swore like troopers. Irvine Welsh put it better than me.

"It seems to be an attempt to erase and/or marginalise certain cultures, ie the working class, the ghetto, and so on. Language is a living, organic thing. If you start to try to control that and prescribe what people say, the next thing is prescribing what people think"

Imagine Trainspotting without the salty dialect.

What I find truly offensive, is poverty, food banks and massively unequal wealth distribution, but that's just me.

This is my issue; I’m more offended by those things you mention, similar to work, swearing is genuinely or even something on my radar to even challenge…
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 6:22pm