8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
September 16, 2021, 3:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
We are from Grimsby, who the goodness are you doesn’t really cut it, does it?
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 74
WesternMariner
September 16, 2021, 4:04pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 38
I am all for broadening the demographic at BP. However since I first went with my Grandad in the seventies (and I’m sure before that as well) foul language has been used at the football. Many of the crowd are not refined. They call a spade a flipping shovel. Many of the best Grimsby songs include profanity. All of the best one liners I’ve heard coming from the Pontoon contain four letter words.

The first time I took my daughters to a match (seven and eight years old) we sat behind the Pontoon goal, there was ribald language and singing all around. Afterwards I asked them if they had enjoyed the match day experience and the youngest said she wasn’t worried by any of it because we were all on the same side and it made her feel like she was part of something. That’s the difference between the professionally offended like fil and the real fan. We might not go to work and call the Welsh sheep shaggers but on the terraces it’s ok.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 74
Humbercod
September 16, 2021, 4:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
I take my 7 year old who just giggled when he first heard the songs with swear words, But he’s been brought up well enough to understand they stay in the stadium. I would personally hate to see the banter between fans disappear, best song from Tuesday night belting out ‘you know who you are, you know who you are, sheep xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx you know who you are’ 😂

I think if you are easily offended then maybe the main stand family would be the best option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 74
Tommy
September 16, 2021, 4:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Funny how the team are doing well, the owners have made a good start and a great impression so far, so all of a sudden up pops "Felipe" to conjure something up to beat them with.

Starts out as a moan about some kids swearing but soon turns into "the club/owners should be doing something this.....why havent they done something.....this doesnt fit in with the family club they say they want to be....if they dont sort it they're hypocrites...blah blah blah"

I'm so glad JF and his hangers-on are no longer part of our club. Some of them still linger around like a bad smell, but hopefully they'll realise how embarrassing they are and disappear eventually.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 74
forza ivano
September 16, 2021, 4:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Do you think Filipe's a bit upset coz hes having to pay for his ticket for the first time in 15+ years?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 74
KingstonMariner
September 16, 2021, 4:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

You are genuinely suggesting that I’m either lying or exaggerating? 😂😂  Crikey

Why the sudden concern?

Well, first of all I’ve never actually sat in that area before, so haven’t heard these kids before.

Secondly, with attendances up, I’d like to see it stay that way. I wouldn’t want some of our new found fans deciding to stay away because a group of people are ruining their Matchday experience with these foul and abusive outbursts

Nothing more and nothing less

I do doubt your report and your concern on this Phil. What you’ve said is that you’ve sat in other parts of the ground and not heard swearing? You must have ear plugs in. Or do you think it’s acceptable for adults to swear but not kids?

What was the previous management’s attitude on this? Did they not care?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 74
TwoLeftFeet
September 16, 2021, 5:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
Good job them kids weren't waving flags too.. or someone would have had to deconstruct them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 74
Bristol Mariner
September 16, 2021, 5:33pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Was a bit shocked on Tuesday

Young children shouting expletives at Wrexham fans. Shocking language coming from them, and they could only be school year 6 - 8 kids. Had their parents sitting near them too. I felt like I was sitting near the cast of Shameless

Needs sorting out. In my opinion if there kids heard to be swearing like that, then they need kicking out and their parents should be sent with them too.

People coming to football matches do not want to hear anyone shouting out words like illegitimate and girl private and sheep shagger etc. Let alone small children.

And how do you feel about the new board, the squad, the atmosphere, the food, the fanzone…

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 74
newarkmariner
September 16, 2021, 5:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
oh bless,has Fillipe got too sit with the commoners now,well Fillipe with the utmost disrespect i would just like too sing
ITS NICE TO KNOW YOUR HERE
ITS NICE TOO KNOW YOUR HERE
ITS NICE TOO KNOW YOUR HERE

NOW FU&K OFF

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 74
Nelly GTFC
September 16, 2021, 5:59pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31
I used to swear as a kid, my mam used to stick a bar of coal tar soap in my mouth whenever I did, soon learned my lesson.  Funnily enough even now my parents have passed away, I carry on buying Wrights coal tar soap.

Grimsby is rough as a badgers bottom in some places, like a lot of poverty stricken Towns, with not much opportunity now in life here. Does it matter what walk of life kids come from? They will most likely mix with other children, whose parents swear at them, then those children think it's alright for them to do so also.  My single parent next door neighbour with two kids from different blokes is always swearing at her kids, it really does annoy me to hear it loud through the walls, part of it is upbringing, some parents like her, who have never worked EVER in their whole life don't deserve children and should be sterilised at birth.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Foul Mouthed Children

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.