7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
September 15, 2021, 12:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
in terms of crowds and resources there is most definitely a top 6 - the average crowds, for example, are more or less double those of the 7th best team. So ,how have they done so far?
SARFEND - always thought they would struggle and so far I've been right - 13 points dropped and haven't won either of the games they've played against fellow big 6 sides
STOCKPORT - 10 points dropped , but have got 4 points out of 6 in their 2 big games
WREXHAM - surprised they've dropped 9 points already , and worryingly for them haven't won in their 3 games against the big 6
NOTTS COUNTY - only dropped 6 points, but only had 1 hard game so far
CHESTERFIELD - have had a very easy first few games, not played anyone terribly threatening but have still dropped 4 points
GY - got 4 points out of 6 against Stockport and wrexham, and that draw against the former are the only points we've dropped so far
Logged Offline
Private Message
marinerdazza
September 15, 2021, 8:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Wrexham aren’t going anywhere. They’ll have sacked Phil Parkinson by Christmas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 60
Jarmo.Is.God
September 15, 2021, 9:03am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from marinerdazza
Wrexham aren’t going anywhere. They’ll have sacked Phil Parkinson by Christmas.

That's my only slight concern about Wrexham.
Getting rid of him, who clearly isn't up to the job already (thought a strange appointment when it happened, considering the money being thrown)
And being replaced with someone that's up to the job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 60
KingstonMariner
September 15, 2021, 9:11am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Getting rid of him, who clearly isn't up to the job already (thought a strange appointment when it happened, considering the money being thrown)

We want him to be bad but not so bad he gets the sack.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 60
jamesgtfc
September 15, 2021, 9:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
No surprises that we've done alright against the better teams so far. I always feel that our achilles heel is the lower teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 60
marinerdazza
September 15, 2021, 9:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Hopefully it’ll be too late to catch us by then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 60
Poojah
September 15, 2021, 9:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

It was an odd appointment, and I think if things go badly over the next three or four games then that might be enough to see him out the door. I’m contrast to Town who looked incredibly united, they didn’t look like a proper team -   petulant and cynical. It’s understandable too, if the bloke sat on the desk next to you or in the same van got paid 5x as much to do the same job, that’s not going to do wonders for harmony in the workplace is it?

Out of interest, who was the last manager with no prior non-league experience to win promotion from the national league?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 60
Hagrid
September 15, 2021, 9:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,383
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from forza ivano
in terms of crowds and resources there is most definitely a top 6 - the average crowds, for example, are more or less double those of the 7th best team. So ,how have they done so far?
SARFEND - always thought they would struggle and so far I've been right - 13 points dropped and haven't won either of the games they've played against fellow big 6 sides
STOCKPORT - 10 points dropped , but have got 4 points out of 6 in their 2 big games
WREXHAM - surprised they've dropped 9 points already , and worryingly for them haven't won in their 3 games against the big 6
NOTTS COUNTY - only dropped 6 points, but only had 1 hard game so far
CHESTERFIELD - have had a very easy first few games, not played anyone terribly threatening but have still dropped 4 points
GY - got 4 points out of 6 against Stockport and wrexham, and that draw against the former are the only points we've dropped so far

only team i can think of who are decent and will threaten is bromley, otherwise their games have been against very unfancied sides
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 60
ska face
September 15, 2021, 9:44am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
Been thinking about Wrexham the last few days and come to the conclusion that their problem lies in the fact nobody likes a flash cúnt. Most people would be happy to see them so well after their recent history, they’ve always seemed a decent club and fans,  but their new owners have turned up and just treated the whole thing as a massive písstake. That’s why people dislike them and why teams will raise their game against them all season.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 60
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 15, 2021, 10:07am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,263
Gold Stars: 295
I get the big six thing but I commented elsewhere that Boreham Wood and Chesterfield are tight defensively and I think that will go a long way in this league. Dagenham score lots but let lots in as well, when they play Chesterfield, Boreham Wood or us it will be interesting to see how they do.

The thing that struck me last night (I listened on the radio) was how easy it was for Town for long periods of the game. I expected to be curled up in a ball wishing for the final whistle but that just wasn't the case.

I am genuinely beginning to think that we are the real deal.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 60
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Big 6 watch

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.