FishOutOfWater
September 15, 2021, 10:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from marinerdazza
Wrexham aren’t going anywhere. They’ll have sacked Phil Parkinson by Christmas.

That's not such a revelation

Around Xmas we all know it'll get a bit parky out  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 60
toontown
September 15, 2021, 12:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,262
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from marinerdazza
Wrexham aren’t going anywhere. They’ll have sacked Phil Parkinson by Christmas.

I think Wrexham will still be in and around the top 7, it's Stockport that will get shot first. Their fans have already turned and were chanting for him to be sacked after another home defeat last Saturday. They play Wrexham at home soon which could be curtains for him (Stockport manager) if they get turned over yet again at home. Think he's won 1 out of 9 at home since he was appointed or something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 60
TwoLeftFeet
September 15, 2021, 12:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
Wrexham for me apart from the two strikers in Hyde and Mullins didn't look all that.

Thought French at right wing back was okay 1st half but Clifton took better care of him in 2nd so stopped his forward runs.

There midfield looked poor and in Tozer (200k) think they have well overspent.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 60
toontown
September 15, 2021, 12:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,262
Gold Stars: 70
There central midfield did look poor... definitely not as creative amongst all of them as just Hunt!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 60
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 15, 2021, 12:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,262
Gold Stars: 295
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Wrexham for me apart from the two strikers in Hyde and Mullins didn't look all that.

Thought French at right wing back was okay 1st half but Clifton took better care of him in 2nd so stopped his forward runs.

There midfield looked poor and in Tozer (200k) think they have well overspent.

Tondeur and Croft on the radio thought Tozer played well. They also said Hyde looked good but agreed with you about Mullins.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 60
buckstown
September 15, 2021, 1:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 79
Wrexham still favourites to win the league at 3/1 after last nights games
Town at 8/1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 60
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
September 15, 2021, 1:05pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +832
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from buckstown
Town at 8/1

I think those odds will change when Town are sat at the top of the league, 12 points clear by Christmas
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 60
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 15, 2021, 3:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,262
Gold Stars: 295
Quoted from buckstown
Town at 8/1

They're 7 points off top after only 6 games. I know it's very early in the season but that is not championship form.

The old cliche is always look at the table after 10 games - Wrexham won't be close to top after 10.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 60
Bignic69
September 15, 2021, 4:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5

Tondeur and Croft on the radio thought Tozer played well. They also said Hyde looked good but agreed with you about Mullins.

Being honest, I thought Tozer was decent last night, those around him weren’t great. It’s just the fact that Wrexham have paid handsomely for him that made him one that we love to hate.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 60
DB
September 15, 2021, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from forza ivano
in terms of crowds and resources there is most definitely a top 6 - the average crowds, for example, are more or less double those of the 7th best team. So ,how have they done so far?
SARFEND - always thought they would struggle and so far I've been right - 13 points dropped and haven't won either of the games they've played against fellow big 6 sides
STOCKPORT - 10 points dropped , but have got 4 points out of 6 in their 2 big games
WREXHAM - surprised they've dropped 9 points already , and worryingly for them haven't won in their 3 games against the big 6
NOTTS COUNTY - only dropped 6 points, but only had 1 hard game so far
CHESTERFIELD - have had a very easy first few games, not played anyone terribly threatening but have still dropped 4 points
GY - got 4 points out of 6 against Stockport and wrexham, and that draw against the former are the only points we've dropped so far

I didn't rate SARFEND before the season started, mainly because I don't rate Phil Brown. His return as manager has the old saying of never go back written all over it. Hurst on the other hand, I believe saw a future with a new regime and excellent fan base.

STOCKPORT are really hot and cold and will soon lose patience with Simon Rusk if the results don't improve.

WRECKSAM the money boys will have their season defined in their next 2 games, Daggers and Stockport. It has to be 6 points or Parkinson can pack his suitcase pretty soon after that. The Yanks don't mind spending but expect results or else it's the chop.

NOTTS COUNTY are a bit like Town and can get a result. That said they have not had a decent opposition.

CHESTERFIELD, spending the cash but couldn't score against Dover. Again their opposition have been mediocre sides and their victories are expected.

TOWN. In terms of spending on players very little. The come back kids and can hold themselves proud against the big spenders. Looking at the above 5 we have nothing to fear, but the banana skin at one of the lower clubs.

YEOVIL are looking strong but again have really played nobody good. Saturday they a have revised fixture with Chesterfield at home which might show which is the stronger.

As for Stockport and Wrecksam sacking managers, that is good news to me, new manager wants his players in and the others out, time to gel, etc. will take time and although they may challenge to be champions it would take luck.

Being positive and optimistic I can see Town being champions at the first attempt and out of this sh it league. My only worry is if there is another Sutton!

UTM   going up

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Big 6 watch

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.