7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
September 15, 2021, 12:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
in terms of crowds and resources there is most definitely a top 6 - the average crowds, for example, are more or less double those of the 7th best team. So ,how have they done so far?
SARFEND - always thought they would struggle and so far I've been right - 13 points dropped and haven't won either of the games they've played against fellow big 6 sides
STOCKPORT - 10 points dropped , but have got 4 points out of 6 in their 2 big games
WREXHAM - surprised they've dropped 9 points already , and worryingly for them haven't won in their 3 games against the big 6
NOTTS COUNTY - only dropped 6 points, but only had 1 hard game so far
CHESTERFIELD - have had a very easy first few games, not played anyone terribly threatening but have still dropped 4 points
GY - got 4 points out of 6 against Stockport and wrexham, and that draw against the former are the only points we've dropped so far
Logged Offline
Private Message
marinerdazza
September 15, 2021, 8:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,775
Gold Stars: 81
Wrexham aren’t going anywhere. They’ll have sacked Phil Parkinson by Christmas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 60
Jarmo.Is.God
September 15, 2021, 9:03am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from marinerdazza

That's my only slight concern about Wrexham.
Getting rid of him, who clearly isn't up to the job already (thought a strange appointment when it happened, considering the money being thrown)
And being replaced with someone that's up to the job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 60
KingstonMariner
September 15, 2021, 9:11am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Getting rid of him, who clearly isn't up to the job already (thought a strange appointment when it happened, considering the money being thrown)

We want him to be bad but not so bad he gets the sack.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 60
jamesgtfc
September 15, 2021, 9:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,940
Gold Stars: 190
No surprises that we've done alright against the better teams so far. I always feel that our achilles heel is the lower teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 60
marinerdazza
September 15, 2021, 9:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Hopefully it’ll be too late to catch us by then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 60
Poojah
September 15, 2021, 9:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,413
Gold Stars: 1,497
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

It was an odd appointment, and I think if things go badly over the next three or four games then that might be enough to see him out the door. I’m contrast to Town who looked incredibly united, they didn’t look like a proper team -   petulant and cynical. It’s understandable too, if the bloke sat on the desk next to you or in the same van got paid 5x as much to do the same job, that’s not going to do wonders for harmony in the workplace is it?

Out of interest, who was the last manager with no prior non-league experience to win promotion from the national league?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 60
Hagrid
September 15, 2021, 9:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,344
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from forza ivano
in terms of crowds and resources there is most definitely a top 6 - the average crowds, for example, are more or less double those of the 7th best team. So ,how have they done so far?
SARFEND - always thought they would struggle and so far I've been right - 13 points dropped and haven't won either of the games they've played against fellow big 6 sides
STOCKPORT - 10 points dropped , but have got 4 points out of 6 in their 2 big games
WREXHAM - surprised they've dropped 9 points already , and worryingly for them haven't won in their 3 games against the big 6
CHESTERFIELD - have had a very easy first few games, not played anyone terribly threatening but have still dropped 4 points
GY - got 4 points out of 6 against Stockport and wrexham, and that draw against the former are the only points we've dropped so far

only team i can think of who are decent and will threaten is bromley, otherwise their games have been against very unfancied sides
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 60
ska face
September 15, 2021, 9:44am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,522
Gold Stars: 831
Been thinking about Wrexham the last few days and come to the conclusion that their problem lies in the fact nobody likes a flash cúnt. Most people would be happy to see them so well after their recent history, they’ve always seemed a decent club and fans,  but their new owners have turned up and just treated the whole thing as a massive písstake. That’s why people dislike them and why teams will raise their game against them all season.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 60
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 15, 2021, 10:07am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,163
Gold Stars: 290
I get the big six thing but I commented elsewhere that Boreham Wood and Chesterfield are tight defensively and I think that will go a long way in this league. Dagenham score lots but let lots in as well, when they play Chesterfield, Boreham Wood or us it will be interesting to see how they do.

The thing that struck me last night (I listened on the radio) was how easy it was for Town for long periods of the game. I expected to be curled up in a ball wishing for the final whistle but that just wasn't the case.

I am genuinely beginning to think that we are the real deal.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 60
FishOutOfWater
September 15, 2021, 10:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from marinerdazza

That's not such a revelation

Around Xmas we all know it'll get a bit parky out  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 60
toontown
September 15, 2021, 12:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from marinerdazza

I think Wrexham will still be in and around the top 7, it's Stockport that will get shot first. Their fans have already turned and were chanting for him to be sacked after another home defeat last Saturday. They play Wrexham at home soon which could be curtains for him (Stockport manager) if they get turned over yet again at home. Think he's won 1 out of 9 at home since he was appointed or something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 60
TwoLeftFeet
September 15, 2021, 12:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,069
Gold Stars: 18
Wrexham for me apart from the two strikers in Hyde and Mullins didn't look all that.

Thought French at right wing back was okay 1st half but Clifton took better care of him in 2nd so stopped his forward runs.

There midfield looked poor and in Tozer (200k) think they have well overspent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 60
toontown
September 15, 2021, 12:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
There central midfield did look poor... definitely not as creative amongst all of them as just Hunt!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 60
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 15, 2021, 12:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Wrexham for me apart from the two strikers in Hyde and Mullins didn't look all that.

Thought French at right wing back was okay 1st half but Clifton took better care of him in 2nd so stopped his forward runs.

There midfield looked poor and in Tozer (200k) think they have well overspent.

Tondeur and Croft on the radio thought Tozer played well. They also said Hyde looked good but agreed with you about Mullins.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 60
buckstown
September 15, 2021, 1:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,167
Gold Stars: 79
Wrexham still favourites to win the league at 3/1 after last nights games
Town at 8/1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 60
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
September 15, 2021, 1:05pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from buckstown
Town at 8/1

I think those odds will change when Town are sat at the top of the league, 12 points clear by Christmas
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 60
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 15, 2021, 3:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from buckstown
Town at 8/1

They're 7 points off top after only 6 games. I know it's very early in the season but that is not championship form.

The old cliche is always look at the table after 10 games - Wrexham won't be close to top after 10.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 60
Bignic69
September 15, 2021, 4:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5

Tondeur and Croft on the radio thought Tozer played well. They also said Hyde looked good but agreed with you about Mullins.

Being honest, I thought Tozer was decent last night, those around him weren’t great. It’s just the fact that Wrexham have paid handsomely for him that made him one that we love to hate.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 60
DB
September 15, 2021, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,968
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from forza ivano

I didn't rate SARFEND before the season started, mainly because I don't rate Phil Brown. His return as manager has the old saying of never go back written all over it. Hurst on the other hand, I believe saw a future with a new regime and excellent fan base.

STOCKPORT are really hot and cold and will soon lose patience with Simon Rusk if the results don't improve.

WRECKSAM the money boys will have their season defined in their next 2 games, Daggers and Stockport. It has to be 6 points or Parkinson can pack his suitcase pretty soon after that. The Yanks don't mind spending but expect results or else it's the chop.

NOTTS COUNTY are a bit like Town and can get a result. That said they have not had a decent opposition.

CHESTERFIELD, spending the cash but couldn't score against Dover. Again their opposition have been mediocre sides and their victories are expected.

TOWN. In terms of spending on players very little. The come back kids and can hold themselves proud against the big spenders. Looking at the above 5 we have nothing to fear, but the banana skin at one of the lower clubs.

YEOVIL are looking strong but again have really played nobody good. Saturday they a have revised fixture with Chesterfield at home which might show which is the stronger.

As for Stockport and Wrecksam sacking managers, that is good news to me, new manager wants his players in and the others out, time to gel, etc. will take time and although they may challenge to be champions it would take luck.

Being positive and optimistic I can see Town being champions at the first attempt and out of this sh it league. My only worry is if there is another Sutton!

UTM   going up

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 60
HertsGTFC
September 15, 2021, 8:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,869
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Poojah

It was an odd appointment, and I think if things go badly over the next three or four games then that might be enough to see him out the door. I’m contrast to Town who looked incredibly united, they didn’t look like a proper team -   petulant and cynical. It’s understandable too, if the bloke sat on the desk next to you or in the same van got paid 5x as much to do the same job, that’s not going to do wonders for harmony in the workplace is it?

Out of interest, who was the last manager with no prior non-league experience to win promotion from the national league?

Someone may have beat me to it, Graham Alexander?

If anyone wants to get out of this league having someone who really understands it in my opinion is a massive advantage, John Sill and Gary Johnson feel like good examples if that.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 60
marinerdazza
September 15, 2021, 11:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Wrexham’s problem apart from their manager is that they bought Mullin but didn’t bring Hoolahan too. And now they’re stuck until their transfer window opens in January.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 60
RonMariner
September 15, 2021, 11:09pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,535
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from marinerdazza
Wrexham’s problem apart from their manager is that they bought Mullin but didn’t bring Hoolahan too. And now they’re stuck until their transfer window opens in January.

Well I didn't see Mullen do much at all last night. One tame shot from the edge of the box. That was about it.

If you had said to someone who didn't know that there was player worth £1million over three years on show last night I imagine they would have thought you meant Towler, McAtee, Taylor, Hunt, Sousa or even Waterfall.

But then they would have realised. It's bloody obvious. It must be Max Wright.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 60
Poojah
September 15, 2021, 11:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner

Well I didn't see Mullen do much at all last night. One tame shot from the edge of the box. That was about it.

If you had said to someone who didn't know that there was player worth £1million over three years on show last night I imagine they would have thought you meant Towler, McAtee, Taylor, Hunt, Sousa or even Waterfall.

Of all of those above, I think Hunt and Towler are absolutely nailed on to command those kind of transfer fees at some point in their career, if not a lot more. First I've seen of Towler, but shades of real class there. Hunt, even accounting for his age, is different gravy.

Early days, but McAtee is the other one who wouldn't surprise me. From Scunny to Grimsby, given both club's recent predicaments, doesn't sound like a career path that's going to lead to a big pay day, but I find it mind boggling that he only turned 22 six weeks ago. He neither looks nor plays like it - from what I've seen so far his career has a very high ceiling.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 60
jamesgtfc
September 15, 2021, 11:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Of all of those above, I think Hunt and Towler are absolutely nailed on to command those kind of transfer fees at some point in their career, if not a lot more. First I've seen of Towler, but shades of real class there. Hunt, even accounting for his age, is different gravy.

Early days, but McAtee is the other one who wouldn't surprise me. From Scunny to Grimsby, given both club's recent predicaments, doesn't sound like a career path that's going to lead to a big pay day, but I find it mind boggling that he only turned 22 six weeks ago. He neither looks nor plays like it - from what I've seen so far his career has a very high ceiling.

His brother is a Man City youth player too...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 60
toontown
September 15, 2021, 11:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner

Mullin did put in a great delivery for their goal that was offside to be fair, their no 9 went to early it would seem as there weren't many complaints from them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 60
Jarmo.Is.God
September 16, 2021, 8:16am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86

I think those odds will change when Town are sat at the top of the league, 12 points clear by Christmas

The optimism didn't last long then...
ONLY 12 points clear????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 60
forza ivano
October 6, 2021, 12:01am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
BUMP!
Southend - 19 points dropped
County - 15 points dropped (btw you should read their forum tonight - they're not happy!)
Wrexham - 14
Stockport  - 13
Chesterfield -11
GY - 7

Interestingly Borehamwood have only played 1 of the big 6 (Stockport draw) so you could say they've had  a very easy run so far
Dagenham have played 2 of the big 6 and lost both
the ones perhaps worth keeping an eye on are Halifax who have played 3 of the big 6 and won them all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 60
mimma
October 6, 2021, 12:34am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
The only test we haven't faced yet is the lowly team that just parks the bus. You know the ones, ball in row Z, waste as much time as possible, fake injury, scream in agony when tackled. They are a real test of character when we get one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 60
Mayaman
October 6, 2021, 3:23am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,393
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from Poojah

I work at a place like that and It's not good for morale.  There was no work around because of COVID otherwise, i'd be out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 60
Swansea_Mariner
October 6, 2021, 7:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from mimma
The only test we haven't faced yet is the lowly team that just parks the bus. You know the ones, ball in row Z, waste as much time as possible, fake injury, scream in agony when tackled. They are a real test of character when we get one.

We've only played one of the current top 7
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
buckstown
October 6, 2021, 8:16am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,167
Gold Stars: 79
I know there are lots of gamblers on here so the odds to win the league after last night:
Wrexham 100/30
Chesterfield 9/2
Daggers 5/1
Grimsby 11/2

Look at the Wrexham forum and most of their fans think they were very lucky to get a point last night. Bookies normally get these things right so hope we're sneaking under the radar
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
RonMariner
October 6, 2021, 8:52am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,535
Gold Stars: 224
With such a wholesale change in the team there were some who said, let's see how we are doing after 10 games before assessing the situation.

Well, here we are two points clear at the top.  I'm convinced we are serious title contenders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
HertsGTFC
October 6, 2021, 8:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from buckstown
I know there are lots of gamblers on here so the odds to win the league after last night:
Wrexham 100/30
Chesterfield 9/2
Daggers 5/1
Grimsby 11/2

Look at the Wrexham forum and most of their fans think they were very lucky to get a point last night. Bookies normally get these things right so hope we're sneaking under the radar

Though it’s only 10 games in Wrexham are 13 points behind the leaders (us) with a game in hand. Even at this early stage they’ll need to start putting a good run together if they’re going to win the league. It’s not impossible though as this feels like a Division that can change very quickly Dagenham top this time last week 4th this morning.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
ivanosandwich
October 6, 2021, 9:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 16
There's lots of optimism on here and it's good to see but we've not played anyone above us.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
jamesgtfc
October 6, 2021, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Altrincham are a very good side this season who have had a decent start. By all accounts we were comfortably beating them until the ref started making it about him.

We are beating the teams expected to be around us. Notts County expect to be up there. They got thumped by Woking at the weekend and lost to Halifax last night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
October 6, 2021, 9:22am
Guest User
Quoted from ivanosandwich
There's lots of optimism on here and it's good to see but we've not played anyone above us.  

That's because we are top of the League.  It's time we stopped worrying about other teams and let them worry about coming to play us!

Reply: 36 - 60
HertsGTFC
October 6, 2021, 10:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

That's because we are top of the League.  It's time we stopped worrying about other teams and let them worry about coming to play us!

I wonder if opposing managers are thinking about how to stop us versus how to beat us.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
Northbank Mariner
October 6, 2021, 10:31am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,440
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from 123614

Take it you missed the point of the text 🥴🥴
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
jamesgtfc
October 6, 2021, 10:40am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I wonder if opposing managers are thinking about how to stop us versus how to beat us.

Look at how Bromley did a job on Sousa last week. I'm full flow we are that good, teams can't target one player to double up on so they have to resort to other methods.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
crusty ole pie
October 6, 2021, 6:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
I wonder if Altrincham have used that tactic before noticed it’s his job to slow down the taking of the throw knowing he is on a yellow and that a player will always jump at the ball. Am I being a bit cynical in my thinking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 60
LN8Mariner
October 6, 2021, 6:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +313
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from crusty ole pie
I wonder if Altrincham have used that tactic before noticed it’s his job to slow down the taking of the throw knowing he is on a yellow and that a player will always jump at the ball. Am I being a bit cynical in my thinking

Not you being cynical at all. How many times have we watched a defender on a yellow and we’ve just wanted our pacy and tricky players to get at them to try and draw another foul. As mentioned elsewhere I think it was a yellow, does that mean I don’t think they played for it, of course not. Those two things can go together. Bapaga will learn, he stands still he can’t get booked if the player has moved towards him, he jumps and the referee has a decision to make.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 60
lew chaterleys lover
October 6, 2021, 6:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,644
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from LN8Mariner

Not you being cynical at all. How many times have we watched a defender on a yellow and we’ve just wanted our pacy and tricky players to get at them to try and draw another foul. As mentioned elsewhere I think it was a yellow, does that mean I don’t think they played for it, of course not. Those two things can go together. Bapaga will learn, he stands still he can’t get booked if the player has moved towards him, he jumps and the referee has a decision to make.

I don't agree with that at all.

Bapaga was on the touchline when the ball went out (being a winger) and was trying to shuffle back into his defensive position when their player quickly gathered the ball and hurled it (with one foot off the ground) at Bapaga.

Every professional player will try to head the ball if it is coming at him around head height, it's instinctive.  

There is nothing Bapaga could do to avoid the situation, apart from turning his back on the play and Paul Hurst would have something to say about that.

I don't know whether their player knew he was on a yellow card, but it looked deliberate to me and there is no lesson for Bapaga to learn in my opinion - he was just incredibly unlucky.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 60
Son of Cod
October 22, 2021, 12:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,327
Gold Stars: 196
Stockport have signed Antoni Sarcevic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 60
Poojah
October 22, 2021, 12:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod

Christ on a bike, that’s absolutely mental. Bolton’s captain and has been pretty much ever present for them this season.

I think that trumps Wrexham’s signing of Paul Mullin, in fact I think it’s the most mental signs I’ve I can remember at this level even going back to Crawley / Fleetwood days. He’d have already been on £5k - £6k basic surely - they much have thrown an absolute wedge at him.

Echoes of Fulham signing Chris Coleman. Didn’t work for them though that season, did it? Let’s just hope we don’t need to beat them in the play-offs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 60
mariner91
October 22, 2021, 1:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,563
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from Son of Cod

Wow, some of the money being spent in this league is absolutely mental this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 60
Les Brechin
October 22, 2021, 1:11pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Son of Cod

Has that actually been confirmed yet. I know it was rumoured but I can't find anywhere where it says that it has actually gone through.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 60
Meza
October 22, 2021, 1:17pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
I thought NL clubs can only sign unattached or loan players now the transfer window is closed.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 60
Theimperialcoroner
October 22, 2021, 1:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,138
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Meza
I thought NL clubs can only sign unattached or loan players now the transfer window is closed.

I thought so too. I’m sure there will be others sniffing.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 60
BeijingMariner
October 22, 2021, 2:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
[url]https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10120089/Bolton-Wanderers-captain-Antoni-Sarcevic-makes-shock-departure-non-league-Stockport-County.html[/url]
Quoted from Les Brechin

Has that actually been confirmed yet. I know it was rumoured but I can't find anywhere where it says that it has actually gone through.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 49 - 60
Poojah
October 22, 2021, 2:17pm
Vodka Drinker

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
Theimperialcoroner
October 22, 2021, 2:19pm

Blimey

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
Theimperialcoroner
October 22, 2021, 2:19pm

Something very fishy about this one. FFP? ‘Free’ transfer…..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
ska face
October 22, 2021, 2:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,522
Gold Stars: 831
Doesn’t matter where he’s come from if he’s got 2 broken legs. Needs booting up in the air pronto
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
Les Brechin
October 22, 2021, 2:27pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from ska face
Doesn’t matter where he’s come from if he’s got 2 broken legs. Needs booting up in the air pronto

Nice. Very classy wishing 2 broken legs on someone!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
Poojah
October 22, 2021, 2:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Sounds like he had a bust up with Ian Evatt. Couldn’t go anywhere in the EFL for another couple of months (or Wrexham for that matter), so can only imagine his agent was on the blower touting his wares for another couple of grand a week on his package.

Must be on Mullin-esque wages. Like with Wrexham though, I’m still not sure that having a squad with a handful of players on upper-League One wages alongside players earning tens of thousands of year less is a great thing though.

Individually, a great player for this level - not disputing that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
crusty ole pie
October 22, 2021, 3:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
In my eyes a star player is only as good as the other 10, can soon get brought down to there level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
The Yard Dog
October 22, 2021, 4:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Wrexham & Stockport need to sign big signings now, before next season, as the new rules on salary cap comes in £900K on wages.
That's why we are seeing 3 year deals, as players already contracted with not count.

Thats why its important to get out of the National League at the first attempt, likes of Wrexham, Stockport, Notts County, Chesterfield & Bromley know that next season its going to be a bit more of a level playing field.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
Theimperialcoroner
October 22, 2021, 5:18pm

Notts Vs Stockport tomorrow. Hope it’s a brutal affair.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
grimps
October 23, 2021, 6:33am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
We took 4 points off Bolton last season with Holloway in charge , he can’t have been that good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
aldi_01
October 23, 2021, 7:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah
Sounds like he had a bust up with Ian Evatt. Couldn’t go anywhere in the EFL for another couple of months (or Wrexham for that matter), so can only imagine his agent was on the blower touting his wares for another couple of grand a week on his package.

Must be on Mullin-esque wages. Like with Wrexham though, I’m still not sure that having a squad with a handful of players on upper-League One wages alongside players earning tens of thousands of year less is a great thing though.

Individually, a great player for this level - not disputing that.

Had this very discussion when town were at Stockport and with a chap at work…

I thought when town played Stockport the players on the big bucks were actually the least effective overall…imagine being a busy player like Clifton on £5/600 a week and then some big time Charlie like this that simply can’t get a game and has seen his bottom with his manager comes in on 4/5/6000 a week…you’d be well drunk off.

The levels of disparity in wages at the likes of Wrexham and Stockport can help team spirit and in truth, it’s hardly helping them…both have been pretty bang average so far…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 60
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Big 6 watch

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.