moosey_club
September 12, 2021, 2:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,242
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from psgmariner
I’m a hurst sceptic but am very happy to have been proved wrong so far. Utm.

Must admit I wasnt over enthusiastic about his return, or how we went about things last year when he came back....
But fck me, I had forgotten how he builds a team spirit and demands/earns the belief of the players in what he wants.
Regardless of results so far we havnt wanted for commitment or effort from every player in every game so far.

The harder you work the luckier you get eh ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 63
rancido
September 12, 2021, 4:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from moosey_club

Must admit I wasnt over enthusiastic about his return, or how we went about things last year when he came back....
But fck me, I had forgotten how he builds a team spirit and demands/earns the belief of the players in what he wants.
Regardless of results so far we havnt wanted for commitment or effort from every player in every game so far.
The harder you work the luckier you get eh ?

He does appear to be able to spot players who tie in with his philosophy of how the game should be played. He also seems to install belief, which is a good great asset.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 63
Ashby mariner
September 12, 2021, 6:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Great day yesterday set off From Grimsby at 7 then while sat in traffic just outside of Torquay couldn't help but think I hope it's going to be worth it! Then when we went 1 down and they had another chance. I feared the worst. But with this team compared to many others we've had lately there's a really team spirit. We played brilliantly after that. You could see what it meant to the players when clifton got his goal. A great day out watching town. It makes a change turning up to watch town expecting to get a result has apposed to being in league 2 and constantly struggling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 63
fishcake63
September 12, 2021, 7:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,224
Gold Stars: 62
Think this team / squad will reach play offs at least & i was sceptical to begin with but to see the team not lay down after going behind is a sight to behold , last season one goal was enough to see us off , if we win tuesday against franchise i will be over the moon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 63
arryarryarry
September 12, 2021, 9:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Ashby mariner
Great day yesterday set off From Grimsby at 7 then while sat in traffic just outside of Torquay couldn't help but think I hope it's going to be worth it! Then when we went 1 down and they had another chance. I feared the worst. But with this team compared to many others we've had lately there's a really team spirit. We played brilliantly after that. You could see what it meant to the players when clifton got his goal. A great day out watching town. It makes a change turning up to watch town expecting to get a result has apposed to being in league 2 and constantly struggling.

You should keep an eye out on google maps, we could see that traffic was very bad on that dual carriageway so took a detour via the coast road and got there without being delayed.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 63
golfer
September 13, 2021, 8:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
I was standing outside the ground drinking a coffee when a chap came up and put a £1 coin in my cup ---???  I knew it was to be our lucky day .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 63
barralad
September 13, 2021, 10:17am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
Just back to Bristol, load of unhappy Wednesday fans on train home. Great day out that!!

They made a lot of noise on their improvised karaoke though...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 63
RonMariner
September 13, 2021, 6:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,671
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from MuddyWaters
You’ve got to say, first and foremost, that this team wouldn’t have been relegated.

I was thinking the same thing. I’ll go further and say that this squad would easily hold its own in L2 and would be top half of the table. These guys are fit, determined, have a great team spirit, get stuck in, don’t let their heads drop when going behind and can all play a bit too.

I think there is every chance we will make the playoffs.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 63
Jarmo.Is.God
September 14, 2021, 9:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
If we are still looking for a number 9, which we should be, despite scoring well. I think we are a much brighter prospect to play for, than 4/5 weeks ago.
This early form and buzz will make players want to be apart of IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 63
RichMariner
September 14, 2021, 10:12am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
It's amazing how far a bit of confidence can carry you.

Getting up there and being in the promotion mix, right from the off, means you go into each game playing a team that's below you in the table. I'm sure that plays a part, psychologically.

Seems the players are desperate to play in front of a proper crowd. More than 6,000 for a Tuesday night game was rare enough in the FL, let alone non-league!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 59 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.