7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
September 11, 2021, 9:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Was so chuffed that I took the missus out for a slap-up, no expense spared, foreign meal. At Croydon IKEA. I said you can have anything you like tonight darling. £16.85.

I think she was impressed. Well at least she agreed to come back to my place.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 63
acko338
September 11, 2021, 9:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
A big difference must be the team not being scared when falling behind.

Last year, heads dropped and accusations went around while play continued.

This season, team spirit, roll up sleeves and go again.

Our brillllant away supporters will bring some points home this year - what a terrific background noise today, drowning out J-P P, who had to speak up to be heard.

Nice to see young Essel make a very short debut , even just to get the feel of the atmosphere.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 63
lukeo
September 11, 2021, 9:52pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
Just back to Bristol, load of unhappy Wednesday fans on train home. Great day out that!!

Ive just arrived back in Taunton. No Wednesday fans on my train, they obviously alll got on the early trains in a grump! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 63
Madeleymariner
September 11, 2021, 10:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Just back from watching BT Highlights, good goals, think if we dont pick up more injuries we should do well this season. Just good to see us scoring goals. Having watched the Daggers this afternoon, if thats the top team to beat we should win the league by Christmas  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 63
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
September 11, 2021, 11:04pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +839
Gold Stars: 117
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 63
moosey_club
September 11, 2021, 11:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Well back in GY after the round trip.....again overriding thoughts of what a solid determined team effort, no passengers, 100% committed . Already showing they are going to be difficult to beat with that level of work rate.

Fans amazing, great to part of the support backing them throughout.

Left the house at 06:30 , should be knackered now but am completely buzzing.

Thank you for a great performance, magic moment from Efete and rounded off with a well deserved goal for Harry.

New lad looked very comfortable and classy.

M.o.m Waterfall.....immense at the back.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 63
Kris2
September 12, 2021, 1:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from ginnywings
There seems to be a distinct lack of activity on the fishy after a very fine away win. There would be threads and posts galore if we had got off to a bad start.

We must be doing well, much to the annoyance of the Hurst detractors.

There are a ton of posters who have nothing to say unless we lose, it's almost like people expect a win and don't say anything until we lose. Of course the fans are flamed by the large supply of concern trolls that appear when things aren't going well to spread negativity. We've got on to a really great start this season and look like a team that wants to win, it feels really good to watch after seeing a team with no confidence and no desire fall apart last season. The difference is huge, heads don't drop when we concede, everyone looks like they want the ball and gets stuck in. It's a long way from watching games where our players get rid of the ball as soon as possible and we pass it around the box because nobody wants the responsibility of shooting. Now it feels like we can attack and shoot from anywhere we want.

Another game where we came from behind to win the game, second half a bit dull as Torquay slowed the game down a lot but glad we could cap it off with another goal.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 63
lukeo
September 12, 2021, 5:43am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Woken up this morning buzzing from yesterday (admittedly with a head ache) all worth it! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 63
realist
September 12, 2021, 7:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Kris2

There are a ton of posters who have nothing to say unless we lose, it's almost like people expect a win and don't say anything until we lose. Of course the fans are flamed by the large supply of concern trolls that appear when things aren't going well to spread negativity. We've got on to a really great start this season and look like a team that wants to win, it feels really good to watch after seeing a team with no confidence and no desire fall apart last season. The difference is huge, heads don't drop when we concede, everyone looks like they want the ball and gets stuck in. It's a long way from watching games where our players get rid of the ball as soon as possible and we pass it around the box because nobody wants the responsibility of shooting. Now it feels like we can attack and shoot from anywhere we want.

Another game where we came from behind to win the game, second half a bit dull as Torquay slowed the game down a lot but glad we could cap it off with another goal.

What an absolute load of rubbish. I hate Hurst but still want us to win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 63
mariner91
September 12, 2021, 7:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,641
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from realist

What an absolute load of rubbish. I hate Hurst but still want us to win.

Why would you hate Hurst? Maybe don’t like him as a manager but that’s weird behaviour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.