Hagrid
September 12, 2021, 8:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from realist

What an absolute load of rubbish. I hate Hurst but still want us to win.

You need to see a Doctor. Very bizarre thing to say
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 63
denni266
September 12, 2021, 8:16am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
I see the happy clappers are out  moaning that  there is no one having a moan . There not out as there as there is nothing  to moan about . I think nearly every one had a moan and more than that last season , and with good cause . I for one will have my say no matter what anyone else thinks when things are not right , But for now things are good and everyone is happy  and long may it stay that way. . Altho i dont expect us to win on tuesday i wont be going off the deep end un less we get hammered
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 63
A.l.f.
September 12, 2021, 8:19am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Loved Torquay, loved the atmosphere that we created, loved our hard working performance, loved the quality of our football. All in all a great weekend.  Hurst has built a good squad and signed some very good players.  Get yourselves to BP on Tuesday for the next chapter 👏😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 63
IlkleyMariner
September 12, 2021, 8:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,992
Gold Stars: 69
Considering the number of injuries and without a star number 9, this season’s start is fantastic.
Just enjoy it and hope it lasts for a long time yet.
Big win on Tuesday would do nicely.
Well done to Paul and the players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 63
bradzmilne
September 12, 2021, 8:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 29
Paul Hurst doing Paul Hurst things really.

Looked solid defensively bar the goal which admittedly Macca didn’t cover himself in glory with ( the the free kick in the lead up was very soft though!).  Towler came into the defence and looked a cut above, not physically intimidated by Wright and very composed on the ball. Also, a special mention to Waterfall who was absolutely immense in the air throughout - he’s an easy player to blame when things go wrong but possibly doesn’t get the credit when they go right.

Going forward we looked very lively against a very, very poor defence. I’m surprised Gary Johnson has put his name next to them as defensively they were dross. Clifton worked very hard in a somewhat unusual position for him and deserved his goal.

Be interesting to see if a new striker comes in, 7 goals in 2 games is nothing to be sniffed at. Think Taylor looks classy and McAtee has obvious qualities and a goal threat but still think we probably need one more too.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 63
chaos33
September 12, 2021, 8:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,927
Gold Stars: 357
Watch the 3rd goal again. Fantastic example of how to play on the break and hit hard. Move the ball quickly and get running at backpedaling defenders. McAtee’s touch is sublime, he plays a beautifully weighted pass to Taylor who carries it before rolling in a surging Clifton somehow finding that level of energy in the final minutes…..great finish, game over. Massive credit to Hurst for playing Clifton in that position. It looked like it worked a treat…..and Clifton? Wow. How fit, so willing, so committed. I think we really could see him develop this season, especially if he starts to bring a few goals to his game.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 63
GhostDan
September 12, 2021, 8:39am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Lots of praise for us on the Torquay forum - Fit, Strong, organised and can pass.. words I never thought I’d use to describe us after the past few years!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 63
HertsGTFC
September 12, 2021, 9:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from chaos33
Watch the 3rd goal again. Fantastic example of how to play on the break and hit hard. Move the ball quickly and get running at backpedaling defenders. McAtee’s touch is sublime, he plays a beautifully weighted pass to Taylor who carries it before rolling in a surging Clifton somehow finding that level of energy in the final minutes…..great finish, game over. Massive credit to Hurst for playing Clifton in that position. It looked like it worked a treat…..and Clifton? Wow. How fit, so willing, so committed. I think we really could see him develop this season, especially if he starts to bring a few goals to his game.

All Clifton needs/needed is some stability in selection and not being expected to play in 6 different roles across a season, if he can develop into the player he could be then he could play a major role in any success we have.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 63
toontown
September 12, 2021, 10:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,262
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from bradzmilne
Paul Hurst doing Paul Hurst things really.

Looked solid defensively bar the goal which admittedly Macca didn’t cover himself in glory with ( the the free kick in the lead up was very soft though!).  Towler came into the defence and looked a cut above, not physically intimidated by Wright and very composed on the ball. Also, a special mention to Waterfall who was absolutely immense in the air throughout - he’s an easy player to blame when things go wrong but possibly doesn’t get the credit when they go right.

Going forward we looked very lively against a very, very poor defence. I’m surprised Gary Johnson has put his name next to them as defensively they were dross. Clifton worked very hard in a somewhat unusual position for him and deserved his goal.

Be interesting to see if a new striker comes in, 7 goals in 2 games is nothing to be sniffed at. Think Taylor looks classy and McAtee has obvious qualities and a goal threat but still think we probably need one more too.

What position was clifton playing? What formation were we in?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 63
KingstonMariner
September 12, 2021, 10:23am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Going back to the point about the board being quieter after a win, we’ll there’s less to discuss. I bet there aren’t fewer posters. Just fewer arguments. Wonder if Rob has the stats. Is the a correlation between the number of posters and the result. I bet there isn’t. There aren’t legions of moaners keeping quiet until we get a bad result.

Let’s pick that arch-moaner, Swin. We won. He posted positive things. Nothing to say in response to that, just a couple of tongue in cheek comments. Everyone’s happy.

If we lose, someone will say what needs to change. Someone will disagree. Someone else chips in and it escalates.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.