12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
September 2, 2021, 12:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,160
Gold Stars: 211
A relatively well-off person tries to use people poorer than him - a community asset - to get richer.

We've seen it first-hand at Grimsby Town and we're also seeing it in the shower of excrement that run this country - squeezing the life out of ordinary citizens for personal gain.

Fenty doesn't bleed black and white, he bleeds blue.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 70 - 118
September 2, 2021, 12:42pm
Guest User
Can we forget about Fenty, I don't see the point in having ANY thread at all to do with him?
Reply: 71 - 118
DB
September 2, 2021, 1:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from 123614
Can we forget about Fenty, I don't see the point in having ANY thread at all to do with him?

It's very hard to forget him when he still has a big influence on the club; in so far as he gets all the money from transfers which could be reinvested in the club. This came out of the woodwork only a few days ago and you do have to wonder if there are other events in the offing to promote his bank a/c that we do not know about.

Many words have been offered on this site to describe him but I don't know of any that have not been used to describe his contempt for the fans or club by a so called fan and supporter.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 118
diehardmariner
September 2, 2021, 2:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from 123614

Because the twit is still bleeding the club dry from afar.  He's the sole reason our budget is restricted this year and that we're not enjoying the financial benefit from the sale of Grist and Pollock.  Without him we'd have around £500k extra to play with, be it on wages, transfer fees, facilities, staff.....  6 years ago fans raised a quarter of that to boost the budget and it went a long way towards achieving promotion.  Imagine what we could have done with that money?

That's why he's still (unfortunately) relevant and people still talk about him.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 118
quebec38
September 2, 2021, 2:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
I get the frustration but the chair has already said money in doesn’t necessarily equal money out in terms of transfer budget. If Hurst goes to the board for a transfer it will be looked at regardless of what the club has received (and given to Fenty) over the summer.

Anyone that got their hopes up thinking we would reinvest half a million back in to the squad in transfer fees… well I’m sorry but you shouldn’t have regardless of the agreement that was put in place. That agreement btw that the chair seems to have little issue with. It was non-negotiable and if it means that the bloke is paid off sooner then it’s not the worst thing in the world.

Fenty is thankfully gone and we seem to have ourselves some good people running the club at last. It is difficult to forget but it really is time to move on now.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 118
golfer
September 2, 2021, 2:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Does anybody know the tax implications of paying this money straight to him ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 118
The_Laughing_Mariner
September 2, 2021, 3:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
TBF  JF is not the devil incarnate.  He took on a role for which he did not have the skill set nor intellect for.
When it all got too much for him, and GTFC started going to excrement and his cash reserve started dwindling, he wanted out.  Then is when he started with the penny pinching and tantrums.  He just did not have what it takes to cope.  As a result he kept GTFC on life support without investing to cure and repair the ills.
Now he has seen his bottom and has taken his ball back home.
Evil? no  Stupid, naïve, petulant, deluded and a complete knob?  yes absolutely.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 118
The_Laughing_Mariner
September 2, 2021, 3:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
TBF  JF is not the devil incarnate.  He took on a role for which he did not have the skill set nor intellect for.
When it all got too much for him, and GTFC started going to excrement and his cash reserve started dwindling, he wanted out.  Then is when he started with the penny pinching and tantrums.  He just did not have what it takes to cope.  As a result he kept GTFC on life support without investing to cure and repair the ills.
Evil? no  Stupid, naïve, petulant, deluded and a complete knob?  yes absolutely.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 118
KingstonMariner
September 2, 2021, 4:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Have you read the series of articles on Cod Almighty? No one is saying he is the devil incarnate.  But the naive, petulant, knob doesn’t cover it. He engineered the situation where he was in control of the club, and took money out. His malapropisms probably made him seem more benign than he was.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 118
DB
September 2, 2021, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390

So what's your explanation of a 'Stupid, naïve, petulant, deluded' man taking £200K in shares from the supporter's trust. I suppose you want us to believe he didn't intend to do that.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JSF Latest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.