KingstonMariner
September 5, 2021, 9:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from denni266

Yes i have seen that happen . but i think we are a new company now  . Our new owners are not stupid and may have covered there backs with a whole new company. It should still be looked into and as fenty was in charge it should be him they look in too

The majority shareholders is a new company, but if there is any historic offence, it’s still GTFC that was the corporate body at fault.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 118
aldi_01
September 5, 2021, 10:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KingstonMariner
So one one of the directors was a partner of the club’s legal advisors (before he retired) and another director was a partner of the auditors.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I’m sure some of the pro Fenty brigade will come here and suggest this is all supposition but dear me, the more we dive the more we find. What an absolute crooked flipping excrement show.

May be that’s why it took so long to get the deal over the line…I bet Day was fed up shoving things through the shredder…but seriously, there should be questions asked; regardless of the old regime being gone, fans deserve to have an understanding of just what state the club was in.

And to think, folk always justified Fenty as ‘it could be worse, we could be bury/darlo etc’…we weren’t much different…

So where did that £400k go? It’s a genuine question…

It just seems to get murkier and murkier…how on earth do people still defend Fenty. I’m also beginning to think the whole lot should’ve gone from the start, they’re lucky they were offered a chance to prove themselves had they wanted it…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 118
jamesgtfc
September 5, 2021, 10:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01

I’m sure some of the pro Fenty brigade will come here and suggest this is all supposition but dear me, the more we dive the more we find. What an absolute crooked flipping excrement show.

May be that’s why it took so long to get the deal over the line…I bet Day was fed up shoving things through the shredder…but seriously, there should be questions asked; regardless of the old regime being gone, fans deserve to have an understanding of just what state the club was in.

And to think, folk always justified Fenty as ‘it could be worse, we could be bury/darlo etc’…we weren’t much different…

It just seems to get murkier and murkier…how on earth do people still defend Fenty. I’m also beginning to think the whole lot should’ve gone from the start, they’re lucky they were offered a chance to prove themselves had they wanted it…

I think Day was kept on to nip the relegation appeal in the bud, which was dealt with very quickly indeed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 118
KingstonMariner
September 5, 2021, 11:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from aldi_01

I’m sure there’ll be more to come out over the next few weeks/months. It wasn’t that long ago that we found out about the transfer fee clawback. Now this.

Who would have thought it of the person who held a (metaphorical) gun to the Trust’s head over the Great Share Blag, would have done this eh? If only there had been any signs.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 118
September 6, 2021, 12:35am
Guest User
I see his mates are still up. Bet they’re not getting paid…
Reply: 114 - 118
aldi_01
September 6, 2021, 5:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I’m sure there’ll be more to come out over the next few weeks/months. It wasn’t that long ago that we found out about the transfer fee clawback. Now this.

Who would have thought it of the person who held a (metaphorical) gun to the Trust’s head over the Great Share Blag, would have done this eh? If only there had been any signs.

The warning signs were there from the start and some of us knew that, hence our disparaging comments. Sadly, too many swallowed the bullshit, some still are and do still think he put money in, saved the club blah blah.

The more we find out the more we need to realise that John Fenty was never a town fan and none of his decisions were in the best interests of the club, quite the opposite really.

We can’t just forget about him, mainly because the club is still uncovering the dodgy dealings that were going on but also because the only way to ensure it doesn’t happen again is to learn from the past…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 118
golfer
September 6, 2021, 7:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Embarrassed that I fell for some of the bullshit - I should have known better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 118
dapperz fun pub
September 6, 2021, 9:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,023
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from golfer

At least you’re admitting it golfer 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 118
jamesgtfc
September 6, 2021, 9:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from golfer

I sat on the fence for years. Some of the stuff didn't sit right but "at least we have a club" I kept telling myself.

For me, like many, Alex May being seen going into BP was a step too far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 118
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JSF Latest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.