Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 108 Guests

Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening

This thread currently has 24,180 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
bax
August 26, 2021, 4:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from pen penfras

Do you often have 3 senior people in an office of about 10 staff leave when people are happy?

Him asking to leave is exactly what would happen when you force somebody out.

Still waiting for your evidence of Fenty holding up the talks and changing the goal posts too. Apparently you can just make stuff up and post it but stuff that club staff tell me is wrong. Although doesn't look like there'll be any left in a few weeks. They're super happy though.

I suspect it's more likely that * some * of those who have left or are leaving don't like the fact things have changed, the old ways of working have gone and there will be some staff who will flourish and some who leave. Perfectly natural. And let's face it - the last 20 years have hardly been glorious have they? Very much time for a change and I am sure some of the staff who remain will embrace it and thrive and flourish working for a new team with a track record of success in business.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 151
Simon
August 26, 2021, 4:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Sick of hearing about Fenty if i'm honest, just get him paid up asap so he can move to Spain and that's the last we need to see or hear from him. Done, Gone, Good Riddance

Move on to the next chapter in our history, stop looking back the negativity is draining

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT IF YOU LET THE LIGHT IN

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 151
Zmariner
August 26, 2021, 4:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Absolutely correct.

I never really get why anyone criticised John Fenty for expecting his money back. Unless you are a mega rich club owned by a Sheik or an Oligarch, then no sane business person would prop up a football business and not expect to get their money back at some stage.

Whether that be via share purchase or by loans.

Quite clear from the interview, that the day Andrew and Jason leave, they will want their money back out in some manner.

What makes me laugh is that these guys are still in the honeymoon. I have to say that like most, I’m pleased with the fresh start and the change in culture. But we haven’t kicked a ball yet. Let’s see what happens if or when we have a rough patch on the field. Then let’s see how supportive one or two are of our new owners. I certainly will be.

Not so sure about this Debbie person as new CEO. I may be wrong, but she strikes me that she likes to hog the limelight a bit. So the jury is still out for me on her

At least we know on the Football side that it cannot be worse than it has been during the last few years. I agree it is all about what goes on on the pitch and this has been an absolutely disgraceful period of our history.

A double dip into nonleague punctuated by other relegations and near misses, what can you say just an absolute disgraceful period utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 151
HertsGTFC
August 26, 2021, 5:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,971
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from pen penfras

Do you often have 3 senior people in an office of about 10 staff leave when people are happy?

Still waiting for your evidence of Fenty holding up the talks and changing the goal posts too. Apparently you can just make stuff up and post it but stuff that club staff tell me is wrong. Although doesn't look like there'll be any left in a few weeks. They're super happy though.

Simple answer is yes, generally when new leadership with sensible, fresh and energetic ideas come in the institutionalised old guard tend to drop off quite quickly. See it all the time in the Business I work in.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 151
HertsGTFC
August 26, 2021, 5:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,971
Gold Stars: 228

Absolutely correct.

I never really get why anyone criticised John Fenty for expecting his money back. Unless you are a mega rich club owned by a Sheik or an Oligarch, then no sane business person would prop up a football business and not expect to get their money back at some stage.

Whether that be via share purchase or by loans.

Quite clear from the interview, that the day Andrew and Jason leave, they will want their money back out in some manner.

What makes me laugh is that these guys are still in the honeymoon. I have to say that like most, I’m pleased with the fresh start and the change in culture. But we haven’t kicked a ball yet. Let’s see what happens if or when we have a rough patch on the field. Then let’s see how supportive one or two are of our new owners. I certainly will be.

Not so sure about this Debbie person as new CEO. I may be wrong, but she strikes me that she likes to hog the limelight a bit. So the jury is still out for me on her

"Allegedly" work on the street is he needs it back for his divorce doesn't he?

2nd comment re Debbie is completely stupid IMHO, hogging the limelight in my book is better than hiding behind an on line alter-ego.... just sayin!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 151
aldi_01
August 26, 2021, 5:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

Do you believe this drivel? Do you not see the irony in what you’re saying?

You imply that you’ve got an idea of things that go on either at the club or in other industries yet your first sentence has to be a wind up…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 151
ginnywings
August 26, 2021, 9:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
There can't be many football club chairmen who have spent nigh on 2 decades at a football club, especially one that has performed as poorly as GTFC, that have walked away with all their money  back and then some.

The JF period has been the worst, most sustained era of sh1te I have witnessed in the 50 years I've been going to BP. Still can't believe he walked away in pocket and even more amazed that some are still defending him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 151
August 26, 2021, 10:41pm
Guest User

What makes me laugh is

Fat people falling over?

Jim Davidson?

Nothing?
Reply: 97 - 151
lukeo
August 26, 2021, 10:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,385
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Mikey_345
I get and understand the argument about getting him off our backs sooner rather than later. However the fact 100% of all our transfer revenue, be that new transfers or add ons being triggered, just doesn't sit right with me.

Would be totally fine with a percentage because, say what you like, he has "benign" money in the club which needs to be repaid which is fair enough. That would at least allow us to reinvest a proposition of our earnings back into the club, to improve things like the youth team, the facilities and playing squad - things which were neglected under JF. Which then allows us to better secure our sustainability in the medium to long term.

However, now its up to JS, AP & and ourselves (tickets etc) to pay for his mistakes. Over the years we have dipped in our pockets time and time again to support things like (but not exclusively) the youth team as funding was lost in non league and the non chairman wasn't able or willing to fully fund it. Two products of that youth team in Pollock and Grist get Premier League moves and who get's that cash....John Fenty.

Brilliant post. I also, as much as I dislike him now. Know the right thing is for him to get his money back. But 100% is absolutely redicilous. 50/50 would be more acceptable and very much fair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 151
lukeo
August 26, 2021, 10:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,385
Gold Stars: 149
Ps I wonder how it works if we sell players for 'undisclosed fees' 😝
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 151
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.