Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 320 Guests

Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening

This thread currently has 24,139 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
moss_side_mariner
August 27, 2021, 2:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from HerveJosse
Clearly all that glitters is gold for most on this site

You obviously prefer the unglittered turd.
Perhaps you’ve got use to it after brown-nosing Fenty for years.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 151
lukeo
August 27, 2021, 3:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
To be honest.. Even if they're going down the same route as JF and want every penny back they're still a massive step forward... Look at all the things that have changed for the positive... Fanzone, interaction with fans, upper barrier, communication with fans, ticketing system plus much more.
If they put £3m or even  £10m in and get it all back in 10-20-30 years time aslong as they've improved the day to day running of the club and brought some pride back.. I'm happy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 151
KingstonMariner
August 27, 2021, 4:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
To be be fair Luke, the Fanzone and ticketing system were conceived and planned before the takeover. The Fanzone is a Trust initiative so has nowt to do with either Fenty or 1878 beyond them giving approval. I think the ticketing system might have been something that the Trust also actively pushed for.

But I agree on the bigger picture. I’ve always argued that what we need is vision and engagement from the owners, not huge amounts of money. We certainly seem to be getting the vision and engagement. In spades!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 151
jamesgtfc
August 27, 2021, 4:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from lukeo
To be honest.. Even if they're going down the same route as JF and want every penny back they're still a massive step forward... Look at all the things that have changed for the positive... Fanzone, interaction with fans, upper barrier, communication with fans, ticketing system plus much more.
If they put £3m or even  £10m in and get it all back in 10-20-30 years time aslong as they've improved the day to day running of the club and brought some pride back.. I'm happy.

In the modern game if you take a club from the 5th tier to the second tier, you are in an arena where £10m doesn't go very far plus you've improved the reach of the club to a point where you can, quite confidently, seek to get your investment back.

If the reverse happens (I appreciate Fenty wasn't at the helm in our Division 1 days) and the club suffers multiple relegations, neglect, constant flirts with relegation and a reputation among clubs, players, agents and fans that the "principle funder" is a bit of a sharp object then receiving any return on the investment, never mind profiting on a £200k gift that fans were essentially blackmailed into voting for, is a miracle.

As Stockwood alluded to the other night, what was the alternative if he, Andrew (and at one point, Shutes) didn't step up? Especially given the "immovable" term regarding player transfers...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 151
Posh Harry
August 27, 2021, 5:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,359
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from pen penfras

People at the club. I'm not going to say who I know in the club, because it's not my place to. And the way it's going, they'll all have left soon anyway. Anything that I'm asked not to say, I don't. Anything else I only say to put right the ridiculous statements I see on here. Not that it matters, the lies seem to win every time because they back up the hatred.

It's funny how everybody accuses me of being part of, related to or a friend of the old regime. Yet any facts that I come out with I'm then accused of having no knowledge and making it up (the irony).

Facts? Someone at the club told you and you are claiming it to be fact? I know someone who tells people he has a 10inch d8ck but he is full of sh8t. A bit like you.

My mate told me so it is a fact. Absolutely priceless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 151
HerveJosse
September 22, 2021, 8:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 144
At the risk of generating a lot of red crosses there was some unfished  business on this thread on which we know have further information. The one alleged fact quoted in JFs Sunday morning sermon  was the claim that there was  £800k in the bank at the time of the takeover. I won’t resurrect the rest of the discussion let’s just be happy where we are now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 151
Bristol Mariner
September 22, 2021, 10:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Just re listened to this - this was before our first game. My god we are in such a better place!

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 151
forza ivano
September 22, 2021, 11:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,173
Gold Stars: 265

Quoted from pen penfras

People at the club. I'm not going to say who I know in the club, because it's not my place to. And the way it's going, they'll all have left soon anyway. Anything that I'm asked not to say, I don't. Anything else I only say to put right the ridiculous statements I see on here. Not that it matters, the lies seem to win every time because they back up the hatred.

It's funny how everybody accuses me of being part of, related to or a friend of the old regime. Yet any facts that I come out with I'm then accused of having no knowledge and making it up (the irony).

a month on and i'm intrigued to know all these people who have left because of their disillusionment with 1878.

perhaps PP can illuminate us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 151
arryarryarry
September 23, 2021, 3:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from forza ivano

Quoted from pen penfras

a month on and i'm intrigued to know all these people who have left because of their disillusionment with 1878.

perhaps PP can illuminate us?

Having spoken to a member of staff a few weeks ago, some are just keeping their heads down
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 151
aldi_01
September 23, 2021, 5:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Interesting that our dear friend PP intimates that the people who have left shouldn’t have…but they were as culpable as the flipping idiot that owned the club.

People eulogised about Fleming yet in his varying roles he did little to stand up to Fenty or challenge the status quo at the club. The claims he cared about the club are naturally challenged when surely, as we all could, he could see the mistakes being made that cost us dearly. Simple really, grow a pair and challenge or walk away knowing you tried (if you’re any good at your job you’ll find another) or sit there, head down and do very little to stop it, thus making you as culpable as Fenty.

Nobody that has left is missed, the ones gone from the board/offices clearly brought little to the table. If they were integral or effective they’d have been kept on…

PP offers almost a diatribe of nonsense against people who despise Fenty or celebrate the new ownership, makes claims he knows people in the club and they make claims that ‘all is not as it seems’ yet forgets there are people on this very board who know varying staff at the club, have done for years and get the very opposite. Only recently I had a long chat with a long time serving staff member that many of us, if not all town fans will have come across before at the tip and let’s just say they seemed considerably more happy about their work and the club.

Perhaps our Welsh friend just knows the folk who don’t like change and or doing a flipping job properly, or being directed by people that do, choosing the former, to sit and do little whilst Fenty felicitations it all up.

The stuff we’re hearing about the club prior to their purchase is alarming, and I can’t be the only one wondering where that £400k went….perhaps sometimes stockwood, Pettit et al are scratching their heads as they uncover some of this…after all, they bought the club from a proper fan who cared about the club, allegedly…cared so much he took it out the league twice by running it his own incompetent way…

The Fenty brigade are a funny bunch too, it’s as if they can’t see that people in support of the new regime can be anything other than completely head over heels with them, which isn’t entirely the case…am I happy they’ve taken over? Yes. Am I happy with what’s happened so far? Yes. Have the changes made been worthwhile, including staff being moved on? Yes. Are they free from criticism, no, but so far there’s nothing to really truly pick fault with. Am I, along with others still cautious after the last 17 years? Yes and that’s entirely understandable.

Difference this time is that the impression is they will learn from mistakes; own them in fact and I don’t think we’ll get drunken rambling of a mad man on radio Humberside or midnight press releases on the club website because someone dared to challenge them…unlike dear old not so honest John…let’s not forget that, even the most ardent Fenty fans needs to remember that he was working to bring in a convicted (and awaiting deportation) fraudster…he was going to let that man become involved in our club for nothing more than his own gain…remember that…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 151
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.