Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 276 Guests

Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening

This thread currently has 24,155 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
pen penfras
August 27, 2021, 8:18am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ska face
You’ve got to be the dullest girl private on here

It's always dull when somebody posts the truth. Much more fun to make stuff up and repeat it until everybody believes it.

The best part is everybody is taking it that I'm against 1878, when I'm not at all. Just baffled by the fact that they've put some glitter on a turd and apparently it's loads better than before despite the playing team looking a bit meh and having strongly hinted that they'll put as much of their own money in as Fenty ever did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 151
Maringer
August 27, 2021, 8:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
But Fenty didn't put his money in, did he? He loaned it and now he's getting it all back, with healthy pension contributions in the bank as well.

The new owners may end up doing the same, I suppose, but it doesn't seem likely given their backgrounds and what has been said and done so far.

Fenty has been mismanaging the club for decades, we've seen some dismal management appointments, unspeakably bad player signings and an almost endless run of failure and bad feeling left behind.

Given the albatross of substantial payments making their way into Fenty's pockets (or those of his creditors) over the next few years, I'm not expecting a massively quick turnaround in fortunes but not being endlessly embarrassed by the petty, small-minded behaviour of the club's owner will be a nice start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 151
HerveJosse
August 27, 2021, 8:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 144
If we stick to known facts I think all we know is that JF and AP have put approx £1m between them into a new shell company that has used the funds to buy JF shares.. We do not know if they have put any money into Grimsby Town Ltd  the now private operating company. As pointed out that the company had a large cash balance at takeover which they have inherited and could have funded all spending to date.If incoming transfer fees from past deals/ players pay off JFs loan they won’t have to put any money in to pay that off so in a best case from their point of view.they control our club for a £500k investment each .Well Done .
Anything beyond tthat we have to wait and see . The talk is good . I hope results and success follow and then we will all be happy. Some prefer to wait and see before praising every utterance and action .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 151
HerveJosse
August 27, 2021, 8:55am
Champagne Drinker
Sorry JS and AP !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 151
Theimperialcoroner
August 27, 2021, 8:59am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,208
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from pen penfras

Have they? The club had the best part of £1 million in the current account when it was handed over. If they've spent all that and their own money, then I can't see value for money.

Is your bro still warming his hands on the £200k that was gifted to the fans?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 151
promotion plaice
August 27, 2021, 9:16am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Cod Almighty's slant on things....

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=8072

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 151
Swansea_Mariner
August 27, 2021, 9:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Lol glitter on a turd. Look I don't think anyone is saying its loads better,  but it is better, how much better, just a little bit I mean they've only had the reigns a few months.

I think what people are most pleased about is the trajectory, I don't think there can be much doubt about the fact that 'stuff' is happening, if things continue to improve over a much longer timeframe then that should eventually spill over into a modicum of footballing success. And that's what we've been starved of for the last 20 years even a small amount of football success, floating about at the bottom of league 2 or even worse not in the league at all is abject failure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 151
KingstonMariner
August 27, 2021, 9:40am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

Have they? The club had the best part of £1 million in the current account when it was handed over. If they've spent all that and their own money, then I can't see value for money.

How do you know that? Who told you?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 151
HerveJosse
August 27, 2021, 9:58am
Champagne Drinker
.JS said in the interview all investment to date had been by equity not loans .Companies are required to file details of all new equity subscribed and this available on public record. A quick search at Companies House reveals 1878 Partners Ltd has issued no equity to date other then initial £2 when it was formed and GTFC  has issued no new equity since the takeover save for a possible £2000 .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 151
pen penfras
August 27, 2021, 10:18am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from KingstonMariner

How do you know that? Who told you?

People at the club. I'm not going to say who I know in the club, because it's not my place to. And the way it's going, they'll all have left soon anyway. Anything that I'm asked not to say, I don't. Anything else I only say to put right the ridiculous statements I see on here. Not that it matters, the lies seem to win every time because they back up the hatred.

It's funny how everybody accuses me of being part of, related to or a friend of the old regime. Yet any facts that I come out with I'm then accused of having no knowledge and making it up (the irony).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 151
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.