Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 111 Guests

Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening

This thread currently has 24,134 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 26, 2021, 8:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
I personally think I’d rather the £££ went to him so that his ‘football legacy’ can be a thing of the past. We’ve all heard (rumours) about his dealings with players and fans alike so let’s just be glad and thankful that, although a league below, we are on a stronger footing than this time last year. I look forward to listening to the interview later and by the sounds of it, how transparent it is.

Now, can we go back to speculating about jizz or something!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 151
Mariner_501
August 26, 2021, 8:25am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
I can’t believe Fenty is still able to live in this Town with the pain he has caused thousands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 151
LH
August 26, 2021, 8:34am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,499
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from pontoonlew
Whilst it’s obviously disgraceful that Fenty gets money out of this, we’re running over old ground and we knew this was happening beforehand.

Paying him off early means future playing budgets will benefit, we’re not going to just ‘not see’ the transfer fees, it just means we’ll see the benefit of them slightly later on and we’ll be rid of Fenty quicker.

True but how often have we had 3 seperate transfers make an amount like this in such quick succession? Last one was Bogle I suppose but rare prior to that. He never has and never did love the club as much as he said.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 151
aldi_01
August 26, 2021, 8:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from LH

True but how often have we had 3 seperate transfers make an amount like this in such quick succession? Last one was Bogle I suppose but rare prior to that. He never has and never did love the club as much as he said.

We all know where the Bogle money went too…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 151
Mikey_345
August 26, 2021, 8:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,348
Gold Stars: 100
I get and understand the argument about getting him off our backs sooner rather than later. However the fact 100% of all our transfer revenue, be that new transfers or add ons being triggered, just doesn't sit right with me.

Would be totally fine with a percentage because, say what you like, he has "benign" money in the club which needs to be repaid which is fair enough. That would at least allow us to reinvest a proposition of our earnings back into the club, to improve things like the youth team, the facilities and playing squad - things which were neglected under JF. Which then allows us to better secure our sustainability in the medium to long term.

However, now its up to JS, AP & and ourselves (tickets etc) to pay for his mistakes. Over the years we have dipped in our pockets time and time again to support things like (but not exclusively) the youth team as funding was lost in non league and the non chairman wasn't able or willing to fully fund it. Two products of that youth team in Pollock and Grist get Premier League moves and who get's that cash....John Fenty.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 151
monkeyboy
August 26, 2021, 9:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Maybe we should have a countdown thread on here counting down every penny till he’s properly gone then have a fundraiser in celebration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 151
Rodley Mariner
August 26, 2021, 9:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
benign
/bɪˈnʌɪn/

adjective
gentle and kindly.
"his benign but firm manner"
Similar:
kindly
kind
warm-hearted
good-natured
friendly
warm
affectionate
agreeable
amiable
good-humoured
genial
congenial
cordial
approachable
tender
tender-hearted
soft-hearted
gentle
sympathetic
compassionate
caring
considerate
thoughtful
helpful
well disposed
obliging
accommodating
generous
big-hearted
unselfish
benevolent
gracious
liberal
indulgent
benignant
Opposite:
unfriendly
hostile
MEDICINE
not harmful in effect.
"a benign condition"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 151
ginnywings
August 26, 2021, 9:16am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Some people just love money above all else. Fills a void.

Like it or not, that's the deal that was agreed to wrest the club away from him and as painful as it is to see transfer fees going out of the club to pay off the previous custodian, it's all leading to the day when he no longer has any kind of hold on the club.

The sooner he is paid off the better, no matter how much it rankles. I hope he's happy counting his cash.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 151
NorthseaMariner
August 26, 2021, 9:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,524
Gold Stars: 11
So did JS & AP just take the club off Fenty’s hands for no fee, with the agreement he would get his money back when we can pay him?

I obviously, incorrectly assumed they had a paid the debt off to him.

I’m still pleased he’s gone, but naively disappointed we’re still in debt, all be it with better owners
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 151
Mikey_345
August 26, 2021, 9:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,348
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
So did JS & AP just take the club off Fenty’s hands for no fee, with the agreement he would get his money back when we can pay him?

I obviously, incorrectly assumed they had a paid the debt off to him.

I’m still pleased he’s gone, but naively disappointed we’re still in debt, all be it with better owners

They bought his share capital which included the 200k worth of shares given by the trust. With an agreement to repay his loans within the club over a three year period i believe.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 151
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.